Demosthenes Semi Acc Turn Posts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Turn 38--> Sophanthro

Building mines high in the mountains is thirsty work. We could use some of this wine we've heard so much about before we climb the mountain again for another hard day.

Comment

• Turn 39 ==> Demosthenes

Greetings to the Incan diplomat. If it is no problem for Inca, will would like to head north from our current location, to establish an Embassy.

Comment

• Turn 39 ==> Don

King Rick, once again Demosthenes finds himself apologising for the actions of his ambassadors. This time, my trusted aide has arrived early, and so forewarning has not been given.

We hope that you do not find his arrival at Kakzo too disruptive, and we understand if you would rather he came back another time, but I do believe that an Embassy with your great nation could prove mutually beneficial.
        Cariad,
        Demosthenes.
        _____
        www.polthought.freeserve.co.uk

Comment

• Friend Don of the Incas please accept our promised gifts in the furtherence of our two peoples...

May I also remind you of the deal struck with your master, St. Jon - that was, with the exception of the Ocucaje salient, that the river was to act as a border between our two peoples...

In the spirit of our cooperation, I ask you to move your phalanx back East over the river and understand the oversight due to the swapping of the reigns of power at Cuzco...

MOBIUS
          Is it me, or is MOBIUS a horrible person?

Comment

• Turn 39--> Sophanthro

Learned Demosthenes,

We would not turn away even a tired, dusty journeyman, let alone the Diplomat from the great Nation of Wales!

While we would have preferred a bit of warning so as to have given him a proper celebratory feast, we are most happy to welcome him, and welcome your Embassy!

We have granted him a fine plot of land with a view of the sea upon which to build the Embassy proper.

May our friendship and our people prosper!

King Rick

Comment

• Turn 40 ==> Demosthenes
              Last Night

Egypt announced today that a Diplomat is sailing aboard the ES ISIS bound for Assyria.
              The Egyptian Diplomatic Agency does not at present have the information available (at present) to give the exact time of arrival this information.

Comment

• Turn 40 ==> Don

The latest Welsh Embassy is established, and hopes go with it of the increasing of world-wide knowledge.

There also appears to be something of a Diplomatic gathering at the Roman-Incan border, in the middle of the desert. How very strange...
                Cariad,
                Demosthenes.
                _____

Comment

• Rejoice!

Rome has completed her 4th and final Embassy on Welsh soil!!!

Rome is to understand that all diplomats in and around Aquila are part of the UN monitoring force...

Rome also trusts that the Incan Phalanx is returning to it's side of the river, where it belongs...

MOBIUS

Comment

• Turn 40--> Sophanthro

Demosthenes of the Welsh:

While we are pleased to become better friends, we are unable to make the trade you have suggested, although we are pleased to make the cartographic exchange with you.

Great Pharoah,

Your ship will be greeted in Assyria, but we would request that you send us the location of the port at which you intend to moor, as well as the city in which you will build the Embassy, that we can plan a lavish welcome.

In the meantime, Assyria has re-built their shipyard to create a finer and more advanced ship then was originally planned. Launching ceremonies should commence in the very near future. We then look forward to finally visiting the many Great nations we have so far only heard described.

King Rick

Comment

• Well, we're all establishing embassies. We have the UN peace keepers in the Roman-Incan 'no mans land'. We have trade routes between nations. We have cartographic and scientific exchanges [Do not worry King Rick, you reaction was to be expected, I would have done the same in your position, but it was worth a try ]

Isn't it around this time that somebody decides to plunge the world into conflict?
                      I hope not, but from past experience....
                      [This message has been edited by The True Demosthenes (edited May 25, 2000).]
                      Cariad,
                      Demosthenes.
                      _____

Comment

• [This message has been edited by Rick Elkins (edited May 26, 2000).]

Comment

• Wondering if the Diplomats could be choreographed to do a Busby Berkely movie?

Comment

• Friends!

A caravan bearing 'Refreshments' of all kinds has been despatched to slake the thirsts of the honourable UN peacekeepers...

You are always welcome on our borders!

MOBIUS

Comment

• Turn 41 ==> Don

Well, no signs of trouble as yet. Nice little formation our diplomats in the desert are making!
                              Cariad,
                              Demosthenes.
                              _____

Comment

• Turn 41--> Sophanthro

"Walked into the ruin

and what did I see?

Big horde of Barbarians

comin' after me!"

(from an Assyrian blues song based on a true incident)

Comment

Working...
                                X