Demosthenes Semi Acc Turn Posts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Turn 32 ==> Jon

It seems that the rise of the Welsh nation is being observed in the rankings chart.

At last...
    Cariad,
    Demosthenes.
    _____
    www.polthought.freeserve.co.uk

Comment

• Turn 32 to Mobius.

Comment

• Sorry for the delay - new job...

Emperor Caligula has a proposal to make to St. Jon of the Incas...

Another border demarcation to your W. along the N/S river so as to prevent any more unfortunate misunderstandings...

N. of Rome is our only route for peaceful expansion as Rome has come to amicable border agreements to the S. and W. All other nations have plenty of good territory in which to expand including the vast hinterland that the Incas enjoy... However although our Empire covers a large area, much of it is useless swamp or desert with rapidly dwindling scope for settlement...

Rome looks forward to furthering the ties of friendship with the Incan peoples and would be generous in her gratitude were the Incas to see the wisdom of this new treaty...

Greetings and Felicitations from the Roman Empire!

To the Welsh peoples: RS Pax Assyrianicus has begun her lonely voyage N. across the great central ocean - all Rome wishes her God's speed!
        Is it me, or is MOBIUS a horrible person?

Comment

• Turn 32--> Sophanthro

Great Pharoah,

Now thee that a line of camels is even now heading for our trading partner, the distant land of Egypt, laden with goods for the enjoyment of your people. Strange that they seem to be heading to a black spot on our charts. It seems that you have built a new city there since you last traded maps.

And the world should know that an Assyrian Vessle is under construction that we might join the world community of Diplomacy. We are eager to set sail across distant seas, but must be patient for our shipbuilders are few and slow.

King Rick

Comment

• Turn 33 to Mobius.

Let the Roman Empire know that upon studying our offered Map Exchange they can be assured that it represents the furthest West expansion that the Inca have any desire to make.

High Priest Jon

Comment

• Noble St. Jon...

Rome accepts your proposal and the location of Ocucaje - please note that a Diplomat plans to arrive at the gates of Ocucaje in the next few cycles...

We note the approach of your Diplomat with interest and ask that he may direct himself to the border town of Aquila where a lavish welcome is being prepared for our new friend!

Great Pharoah, the great Pompeii - Caesarea II Roman Road has now been officially opened with Emperor Caligula himself forcing a slave to lay the last flagstone! This should greatly aid your diplomat's travels to foreign lands...

MOBIUS

Comment

• Guys, how big can we let this thread get before it starts being a problem?

Personally, I'm happy to keep posting here, especially as we now have the longest thread in this forum (I think). But that's just because of my vanity!

But if it is going to cause the site problems, etc...

Anyone know more about this than me?
                Cariad,
                Demosthenes.
                _____

Comment

• Turn 33--> Sophanthro

Good Demosthenes,

It is said that the Mystereous Ones who have created this web site have recently asked that threads not exceed a certain length.I believe the maximum count allowable is now 100.

These words sound like gibberish to we primitive Assyrians, but perhaps they will have more meaning to one as learned as yourself.

King Rick

Comment

• Turn 34 ==> Jon

Well, we number over 200, and I've not been 'told off' yet, so as it ain't broke...
                    Cariad,
                    Demosthenes.
                    _____

Comment

• Turn 34 to Caligula.

Comment

• Friend Demosthenes of the Welsh,

The Consul of Palmyra was somewhat taken aback by the suddden appearance of a Welsh Diplomat within the city limits...!

Although no harm was done, the people of Palmyra are embarrassed that they were caught completely unprepared and as a consequence there are no welcoming crowds or lavish feasts for the Welsh Ambassador...

The Consul of Palmyra will give the Welsh Diplomat his personal keys to the local house of exceedingly good repute as an interim measure - apparently the occupants of room XII are worthy of investigation...

Rome wishes Noble St. Jon a boutiful journey - hopefully his no. 2 will prove equally as cooperative...

MOBIUS

Comment

• Turn 34--> Sophanthro

Comment

• Turn 35 ==> Demosthenes

Egypt would like to announce that the Wales will be the first nation to be graced by the ES Isis, a grand ship believed to be the biggest a float. She will arrive in Wales next turn, and carries a diplomatic party.

The Pharaoh, has no opinion on the on the size of the thread used, he does enjoy creating threads for the Semi-Acc game, he started.

[This message has been edited by Sophanthro (edited May 14, 2000).]

Comment

• Between 15th May and 2nd June the regency of the Inca nation will be assumed by Don of Canada.

High Priest Jon.

I look forward to sampling some Welsh Virgins upon my return.

Comment

• Turn 35 ==> Jon (Don)

Mighty Romans,

I apologise for this sudden arrival upon your shores. It is true that the Welsh Ambassador was heading for your great nation, but our maps must be out of date, for as if by chance we stumbled upon a city of magnaminous proportions, where once there was none.

Obviously shocked at this discovery, word was not sent, and now once again Welsh Ambassadors cause embarrassment abroad. It's a good job that we sent you Charles and not Phillip, that's all I can say!

But worry not, all this foriegn exploration and culture sharing has enlightened the Welsh, so much so, that Wales is now reckoned to be the second greatest nation on earth.

Which is nice...
                                Cariad,
                                Demosthenes.
                                _____

Comment

Working...
                                X