Demosthenes Semi Acc Turn Posts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Turn 49 ==> Jon

How has this happened? With UN peacekeepers patrolling the Roman-Incan borderland, how can these two great powers have come to a state of war?

Egypt and Assyria, you both have peacekeepers in the area do you not? The Welsh delegate saw no such actions, but reports indicate that hostilities have once again erupted.

So much for Reason...
    Cariad,
    Demosthenes.
    _____
    www.polthought.freeserve.co.uk

Comment

• Rome is suffering from an administrative crisis!!!

A strike is being instigated by by the rebel CD-Rom, who has incited other parts of the PC administrative centre - causing numerous lightening strikes!

So far these are being held in check but only just!

Great King Rick, Rome would indeed welcome a diplomatic visit to the island shores of Hispalis!

St Jon of the Incas - punitive measures will continue to be carried out against the Incan State until such time as the Imperator believes he has gained the respect of it's leader - judging by this latest communique and past territorial transgressions by the Incas Caligula feels it may take quite some time before the Incas atone for these misdemeanours...

In the absence of any international solidarity against Incan incursions as Rome had asked for, she felt that she had no choice but to take matters into her own hands...

Great Sophix, Rome is saddened that her Egyptian friends are in direct competition for the London Exchange...
      Is it me, or is MOBIUS a horrible person?

Comment

• Rome is suffering from an administrative crisis!!!

A strike is being instigated by by the rebel CD-Rom, who has incited other parts of the PC administrative centre - causing numerous lightening strikes!

So far these are being held in check but only just!

Great King Rick, Rome would indeed welcome a diplomatic visit to the island shores of Hispalis!

St Jon of the Incas - punitive measures will continue to be carried out against the Incan State until such time as the Imperator believes he has gained the respect of it's leader - judging by this latest communique and past territorial transgressions by the Incas Caligula feels it may take quite some time before the Incas atone for these misdemeanours...

In the absence of any international solidarity against Incan incursions as Rome had asked for, she felt that she had no choice but to take matters into her own hands...

Great Sophix, Rome is saddened that her Egyptian friends are in direct competition for the London Exchange...

Comment

• Turn 49--> Sophanthro

The riot madness has struck again in two very HAPPY cities. Interesting that these are two that were spared the last time this struck. Perhaps this malady only strikes once, and then an immunity is developed. We can only hope...

Meanwhile, our Diplomat is sunning himself on a beach on the lovely island of Hispalis. Next turn, he builds an Embassy.

Our ship will then set sail, and we ask permission of the Great Pharaoh to visit nearby Egypt for the purpose of bulding an Embassy.

King Rick

Comment

• Turn 50 ==> Demosthenes

Great King Rick the Egyptian Government welcomes will welcome your diplomat to Egypt. We must ask however that he checks with a doctor before enters an Egyptian city, Egypt has no desire to contract the rioting plague of which you speak.

Emperor Caligula, there is nothing like a little competition to sharpen the mind and soul of your labor force. In fact on hearing the news Egypt increased production in Giza, and expects to procure the London Exchange (Odd name for a building in Giza) next turn.

Comment

• Turn 50 ==> Jon

Mobius, insulting those nations that are trying to help keep the peace that has been requested is not thought of as decent in Wales. I understand that our knowledge of other nations culture and traditions is somewhat lacking, hence our diplomatic blunderings of the past. However, the Welsh UN Observers in the area have seen no evidence of incursions.

Have any of the other Observers witnessed these incidents?
              Please report.

Mobius, could you clarify these 'misdemeanours' and 'punitive measures'.

St Jon, what is your side of these 'incidents'?
              ____

On the domestic front, it appears that Cwmbran has succembed to the influence of our recent diplomatic visits. She has rapidly propagated herself into the postion of Wales' largest city. Of course, she is nowhere near the size of those found in lands distant from our own. However, Cwmbran is not only the largest city in Wales, but also the fastest growing and happiest.

Wales is now reviewing a policy of more shagging.
              [This message has been edited by The True Demosthenes (edited June 07, 2000).]
              [This message has been edited by The True Demosthenes (edited June 07, 2000).]
              Cariad,
              Demosthenes.
              _____

Comment

• It is to wondered as to whether Caligula can accomodate Incitatus as well he can 'mount' his horse!

Such a brutal manouvre during a time of regency is surely beneath contempt and the Gods themselves will surely bring down justice upon this vile fiend.

I warn you my brothers that this man, if he may be called such, is undeserving of trust and rejects the hand of friendship with the barrel of a gun.

Experience makes me wonder whether it is Rome that perverts man or.........

High Priest Jon, Late of Cuzco.

Comment

• Turn 50 to Caligula

We wonder at these supposed border incursions committed by the Inca people? Such allegations are merely a cheap ploy to divert international attention from an unprovoked attack on a peaceful nation and excuse acts of Piracy on the high seas!

This is a War of greed without any justification! You take the World community for fools if you believe them prepared to swallow such shallow propoganda. Everyone knows now what we knew from the beginning that you are nought but an avaricious tyrant without honour.

Chief Jon

Comment

• To clarify the 'Incan Position'...

1) The Incas have invaded Roman territory now on three separate occasions - the last time during the time of the 'Regent', who was probably acting on St. Jon's orders...

2) Rome asked for an international 'smacked wrist', when none was forthcoming - Rome acted as she knew she had to! Rome is in no way angry with the fellow World leaders - rather views the silence as a tacit approval that Rome should police her borders in any way she sees fit...

3) Regarding 'punitive measures'... As st. Jon is unrepentant following his misdemeanours - these measures are set to continue. Other states trading with the Incas need not worry about any trade disruptions.

4) Regarding the 'Regency' - Rome did wait to punish St. Jon in person after his return, however his holy pilgrimage took longer than anticipated and the die was already cast...

Finally, Rome graciously admits defeat to the Egyptians regarding London Exchange - but warns the Pharoah to expect some 'healthy competition' in the future!

Rome welcomes King Rick's Diplomat - Hispalis opens it's doors to him and will treat him like the very royalty he represents!

Peace to All!

MOBIUS

Comment

• Turn 50--> Sophanthro

On this 50th anniversary of our world's birth we have established an Embassy with our closest neighbours, the Romans. Our Diplomat reports that he was shown great friendship by both the Emperor and the people of Hispalis. It is to be hoped that this Embassy will help us be able to remain friends and at peace in these troubled times.

We now set sail across the sea to Egypt, where we look forward to an audience with the Great Pharaoh himself!

King Rick

Comment

• Turn 51 ==> Demosthenes

It appears that the scheduled finished of the Exchange has slipped. The Pharaoh congratulates the Emperor if he can complete the structure this turn.

Comment

• Turn 51 ==> Jon

After pondering the state of the world Demosthenes wonders if the recent plague affecting Assyria has spread to any other covilisation. The most up to date maps we possess indicate that there are two Assyrian cities in distress, yet I admit to being cluless as to the cause.
                          [This message has been edited by The True Demosthenes (edited June 09, 2000).]
                          Cariad,
                          Demosthenes.
                          _____

Comment

• Turn 51 to Caligula.

With regards to false claims of Inca provocation I provide the World with my regent's, Noble Don, last communique given to me upon my return:-

"It seems that this mobius character has a bug up his ass about the game, I have not done anything wrong, I
                            moved the diplo up to one of his cities to establish an embassy like you asked me too and he gets all pissed
                            off and claims it is tresspassing. He had posted before that he was expecting this diplo and welcomed him to
                            form an embassy.

I get the impression he has aggressive designs and is just using this as an excuse to make me look like the
                            bad guy and cover up his aggresive (expansionlist) intentions.

Most of your mills have been built and i'm trying to figure out what you would build next. Some of them have
                            military units being built to protect your civ from this big bully (moron) If he had any decency he would wait
                            to you got back before he trys anything, maybe he thinks this is a good time to **** with your civ, i dont
                            know."

I can think of no better descriptions of he who would as easily unleash war upon an entirely peaceful nation as he would make unnatural use of his horseflesh.

Chief Jon the Wronged.

Comment

• "It seems that this mobius character has a bug up his ass about the game, I have not done anything wrong, I moved the diplo up to one of his cities to establish an embassy like you asked me too and he gets all pissed
                              off and claims it is tresspassing. He had posted before that he was expecting this diplo and welcomed him to form an embassy."

The Diplomat I had nothing against - it was the Phalanx merrily wandering West of our newly created river border. I gave him two clear warnings before the last - where I subsequently took action... Ignorance is no defence!

"I get the impression he has aggressive designs and is just using this as an excuse to make me look like the bad guy and cover up his aggresive (expansionlist) intentions."

Maybe if Don had understood just which unit I was actually referring to - we wouldn't be in this mess!

"Most of your mills have been built and i'm trying to figure out what you would build next. Some of them have military units being built to protect your civ from this big bully (moron) If he had any decency he would wait
                              to you got back before he trys anything, maybe he thinks this is a good time to **** with your civ, i dont know."

I DID wait - my forces ended their turn within LOS of Chimbote the turn I expected you to return(2 days after you said you would)... I was going to give you a taste of what it's like to be trespassed on, and judge your response before acting - timing was critical as far as exploiting your primary tactical weakness was concerned! If I waited a turn, City Walls could have been rush built to remove my principle bargaining chip... I had been tempted to take out Ocucaje earlier but decided that would have been unfair...

Besides, over the course of our 'relations' you have bent over backwards to give me ample excuse to attack - so on the strength of that alone I feel entirely vindicated in my actions

Don't worry, you'll get Cuzco back soon enough and I don't have any particular designs on your territory...

Tell you what - accept my peace treaty and withdraw allowing my units safe passage home and you can have Cuzco without a fight - you might even get an advance as a leaving present!

I'll post my turn when I get home...

MOBIUS THE JUST

Comment

• St Jon,

Upon close consideration of the tactical situation, The Imperator has resolved to change his mind regarding peace - the fact that you have 11 military units (fronted by Cavalry and Cannon) within such a close distance of Cuzco, can only confirm that you truly have been amassing a formidable military machine...

It has also occured to the Imperator that 'using' Regent Don in the way you did was a trifle underhand...

Through your actions, the Imperator has come to more closely understand the term 'no smoke without fire'.

Demos - due to the current sensitive nature the Imperator feels it is unwise to exchange mapping at this time, save to convey at this time that Rome is happy with our current arrangements.

Great Pharoah - Rome wishes to exclaim it's surprise in building London Exchange! It is unfortunate than our gain is your loss...

Rest assured that we will not compete with you against any of the current Wonders, as a sign of our respect!

Great King Rick - Caligula himself wishes the Assyrian diplomat 'God's speed' in reaching the Egyptian shores, the Romans know that he will be guaranteed an excellent reception!

Comment

Working...
                                X