Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• burchill PBEM

turn 0 --> rick

Regarding your question of desired turn times. In Semi Acc we manage a Turn a day whilst in Dutcheese it's pretty unusual if we do better than one a week.

Whilst the former is probably over-optimistic for a seven player game the latter just becomes a bore which has only been salvaged by the lively role-playing which goes on in between.

I would trust that all of us are keen enough to want get their turn, play it and post it, in which case a maximum of a full Turn inside two days is not expecting too much of anybody. It might be better?

Comment

Turn 0 --->Rowick

The Roman people wish to thank Sophanthro for all his help with his Quick Start mod. We also wish to thank burchill for his help, as well as for starting this endeavour. For without this assistance we Romans would not have been able to found our first city, as we have done on this dark March night.

We set out to explore this new world, at peace, but prepared to defend ourselves if necessary.

[This message has been edited by Rick Elkins (edited March 17, 2000).]

Comment

Turn 0 -> ??

1 turn every 2 days sounds good. Is their any chance we could set each player a time within those two turns to play their turn by? I know some turns get played early or late but it would make it easier to keep things going if everyone knew when to expect their turn.

(I'm at GMT +11 and usually play 3pm - 12pm if we do.)

Also is their any chance of getting a list of players including their nations and E-mail addresses?

Comment

Right, first there is only 5 players...

Andrew, English, burchill@btinternet.com
          Rick, Romans, frelkins@earthlink.net
          Rowick Hepan, Greeks, z2207660@student.unsw.edu.au
          Creator, Assyrians, krzysieck@systembureau.com
          Jon, Russians, jonfurderer@freeuk.com

I think we should keep the time limit as a rough guideline for the moment, yeah 2 days sounds about right.

Rick you sent the turn to me and not rowick as you should have done. The file had the address of where it should be sent in the title
          [This message has been edited by burchill (edited March 17, 2000).]

Comment

Turn 0: ?? = Creator [ Polish Commander ] --> Jon - Russians ruler...

The genesis book: I.1 ) In the day of creation world, a severe Deity casts small group of Assyrian people on barren land. ( only desert and jungle no river no gods... no hope. 8-( ) But the Assyrains have very wise ruler, he to tell them: " We need a big boat ( Ark ), building it NOW" !, While Assyrian people construct wonderful ship, Then Creator ( Assyrian ruler) says: " All my settlers should to leave from this inhospitable land, only one heroes Sir. Antares will stay here and explore it." When boat was complete, obediently Assyrians people to weigh anchor and sail to search the promises land. Neptune, Good of sea was most favorable, because Assyrians fortunately found nice land with great river.

In epilogue this story Creator says: " My people are most friendly and peacefully, but if anybody touch water from The Euphrates- our Holy River, we will declare horrendously HOLY WAR!

(I'm sorry for my bad English, Polish language is completely different.)

Comment

I just received my turn 0 again from a different player, anyone know why? Also what is the play order?

Comment

Turn 1 to Burchill.

Greetings unto you Noble Creator. The bravery of the Assyrian people is indeed legendary! We Russians have likewise taken to the high seas in search of new lands to explore and colonise.

Be assured that we too wish only for peace and as your neighbour to the West we trust that we can live together in harmony and enjoy many years of mutual prosperity.

Czar Jon, Lord of Mother Russia.

Comment

The order which I listed everyone above is the play order. Unless you can tell us who sent you that turn, I suggest you ignore it for now.

turn 1 --> Rick

Comment

turn 1 ---> Rowick

The Roman people send greetings and express our wish to be peaceful neighbors to both the English and the Assyrian people. To discover two such illustrious civilizations so soon was surprising to our explorers, but our Senate felt it was of the upmost importance that we declare to both of you our desire to live in harmony.

To the honorable Creator, we must express that our knight entered your land not knowing of your empire, and is only spending the night there because his horse "must rest". He will leave in the morning without touching any of your people, cities, or farms, and asks that he be allowed to leave your territory in peace.

To Andrew of the English, our units are not on your lands, and wish to take this opportunity to wish you prosperity.

So we look toward the future with our new friends.

Rick of the Romans

Comment

Turn 1 -> Creator

What's the plan with the accelerated start (ie. what turn are we ending it?) Also how will it affect stuff that has already been built or is being built?

The Greek people have been born to a harsh land of swamp and forest. May they learn from it and become as tough as the land itself

Comment

I don't have you turn on my mail box, please verify my e-mail addres. (it is Krzysiekc@systembureau.com )

Comment

Adding to Rowick's question:

I'm not clear on what exactly happens to the "super knight" and transport after the 3rd turn. Do they disappear from the game, or do they remain as normal units with their "regular game" movement abilities?

Also, is the 3rd turn (when the change happens) turn 0, turn 1,turn 2 and then it happens, or is it turn 0, turn 1, turn 2, turn 3, and then it happens? Just want to know how much use I can get out of them.

And what would be different if we kept playing the mod after turn 5? Are there any advantages to continuing with it? Disadvantages? What do you think?

Comment

The Super Knight and Transport just vanish at the end of Turn 2.

After that everything is just as per normal in a game of CTP. Cities Size 1 and ungarrisoned etc.

I do run Dutcheese in my main directory and it still makes no difference at all. I cannot remember with Semi-Acc but in DC I found a couple of nomads on the first turn and they did produce Size 5 Cities, not enhanced movement, but only in the first three turns. I scored a big zero in this one so I wont have a chance to test it out, worse luck!

Comment

What happens with improvements you are building or have built? Do your cities actually shrink to size 1 or is it that all new cities start at size 1?

Comment

Working...
                              X