No announcement yet.

PBEM Challenges

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Check, I think you'd have to be the last team until season 2. Otherwise the Grand Final would never take place.

Comment

• Originally posted by checkMate
      Hello Chad.

Can you check in to the "super league thread"...

Comment

• check is much much different than checkMate!
        If it ain't broke, find a bigger hammer.

Comment

• Like the Cronulla Sharks are different from the NZ Warriors in Rugby League? Meh... GO THE WARRIORS!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by berXpert
            Milamber 16
            Birdman 81

Well, yes it's the rabbit strategy but with a mix of my own way of play, I think I'll have the same tech (2000 in 10 turns) I had in our game but with the power you have
            Then you are formidable.

Comment

• Originally posted by quinns

Then you are formidable.
              Indeed

Comment

• 1 on 1 challenge for Super League

Lunger75 - up for a super league challenge?
                Hatschy - you want a game too?

please contact me at coffman@chipar.com or post here

Thanks,

Chad

Comment

• Also,

I guess it makes sense for David42one/Hatschy to play coffman/checkmate. Let me know about settings and we can get started.

Chad

Comment

• Chad, only challenge for one on one here. Two on twos are via the SL thread.

Comment

• Also, Rickety, T24 recieved, but I won't play until tommorow. I have to go out now, then when I return, I'll be watching the Warriors crush the Sharks

Comment

• Milamber 17
                        ricketyclik 21
                        Birdman 83

Originally posted by TheBirdMan
                        This is only for the challenge BerXpert.

Now we shall see.

All my cities are now spitting out new settlers - lots of them.

Later than you normally would do, using the rabbit tactics.

But I have a strong infrastructure now - and my sciencegoal is just heading for only one single point...... Guess what.
                        Tell you what... I said the same words to Quinns, I had 20 cities and he had 40, I had 2000 SCI he only 500... but he start to sending me a lot of pikemen and cannions, when I saw 18 units outside my best defended city I knew it was the end

Normally I don't like the rabbit tactic but Quinns show me that it's useful when you are far away from the other player, I can bet you this tactic is useless in a small map or when your opponent is near to you.

Now I think I have improved my own way of play and I'm making it better, check this numbers: our game vs my game with Quinns at turn 82

SCI.........(Q) 395 (X) 248
                        Cities......(Q) 38 (X) 20
                        Researching: Printing press (Q) and (X)

Note: in 20 turns I went from SCI 248 to 2000, I reach 870 at turn 97

Our game
                        SCI.........(B) ??? (X) 885
                        Cities......(B) ??? (X) 36 _ with 8 settlers
                        Researching: (B) Age of reason (X) Machine Tools in 1

I'm waiting until you got Age of Reason to got it, but if you need more than 5 turns to reach it I'll get it first because I'll need it to get Economics and build London Exchange in 7

Comment

• QC5 Turn 29 to Quinns 18 hours ago

BC6 Turn 28 to PigeonPoop shortly after

Comment

• Back at ya Lung.

Comment

• Now I think I have improved my own way of play and I'm making it better, check this numbers: our game vs my game with Quinns at turn 82 ..... etc. etc. etc.
                              I have no doubt your calculations are correct

What I intend to do is simple - get this game going so long, that the average city-size will be about 7-10. Then I do think (hope is more correct) that the disadvantages on the long run (+150 turns) of the rabbit-tactic exceeds the obvious advantages it has the first 50-150 turns.

How? By gunning your invasiontroops down on the beach, have my cannons/cities one tile from the sea, where you can't reach them with SOTLs. The KillerRevenge game have learned me how wounerable my harbourcities are until I get units able to counterbombard (Jpww is my "sweet" teacher there ).
                              Last edited by TheBirdMan; October 1, 2002, 02:25.
                              First they ignore you. Then they laugh at you. Then they fight you. Then you win.

Gandhi

Comment

• Originally posted by TheBirdMan
                                ... How? By gunning your invasiontroops down on the beach, have my cannons/cities one tile from the sea, where you can't reach them with SOTLs. The KillerRevenge game have learned me how wounerable my harbourcities are until I get units able to counterbombard (Jpww is my "sweet" teacher there ).
                                "I'm an engineer. I make slides that people can't read. Sometimes I eat donuts." - Alice

Comment

Working...
                                X