Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yes that sounds good here too.. Saturday late evening GMT??
    He's back after a fashion...

Comment

• sure
      i will probably be available on friday too. but for the americans its only afternoon.
      Baal: "You dare mock me ?"
      O'Neill: "Baal, c'mon, you should know ... Of course I dare mock you."

Comment

• No biggy I'll take Friday off
        “The Communist Manifesto was correct…but…we see the privileges of the capitalist bourgeoisie yielding…to democratic organizations…In my judgment…success lies in a steady [peaceful] advance…[rather]…than in…a catastrophic crash."Eduard Bernstein
        Or do we?

Comment

• Originally posted by blackice
          No biggy I'll take Friday off
          and how about nimrod ?

Comment

• You know I played that game and it slipped my attention that Hatschy is my Superleague playing partner.. NOW why can't we get a mini superleague online??

It was pretty impressive to see Hatschy and Maths playing so well in Online play.. I know Hastschy was fairly close to me on science, as was Nimrod.. Maths I have yet to meet.

I think that once a lot of players experience both the enjoyment and social interaction of online play, and realise that 30 minutes (min) time slots here and there are all that is required to play they would be online like a shot.

I think it would be fairly easy to get a superleague for online play of 10 - 12 players.. the only requisite I would suggest is min 1 hour free every two weeks? Games would move far faster than PBEM.. What do you think??

Players I am sure would play would be.

Blackice
            Gavrushka
            Filix

Nimrod
            Yoda
            (yes PAULno1.. and why not.. see my email Ice)

Possibles would be

(Mathemagician)
            Grandpa Troll
            Hatschy
            Checkmate
            Azrael
            berXpert
            and maybe half a dozen others..

We could have teams of two and bare in mind that games will probs be concluded after 3 or 4 sessions we could actually get some progress and a real league going.

A minimum of 8 players would be enough each playing 6 matches (home and away) . I would suggest that even with as many as 12 players we could get a result within 6 months..

Where do I sign up?
            Last edited by Gavrushka; May 17, 2004, 07:15.

Comment

• sorry that i must correct you Gary, but im not so sure i would like to play there. i have already too little time now.

and what do you do about player combinations that all have win XP ? would you want to replicate the 1x1 games too ?

Comment

• Hey I'll pay you!

No I think only 2 vs 2 for the reason you suggested anyway. No one V one.. That would be too time consuming and too difficult to arrange additionally.

I suggest that at any one time only one game with any team is going on.. I will edit the above post. Apologies for my assumptiveness!

Comment

• Originally posted by Gavrushka
                  Hey I'll pay you!
                  would that make me the first professional CTP player ?

Originally posted by Gavrushka
                  I suggest that at any one time only one game with any team is going on..
                  that would also increase the 'race' feeling as it exists in a real league.

Comment

• Yes results would move steadily through the season .. A game may take a month of online play to conclude.. BUt with only 6 games it would be easily achievable to get a league result in a 'season'.

I feel it will not be too difficult to fill the positions.. And if there were too many people, then it would be a question of running a 1st and 2nd division maybe?

Comment

• definitely a cool idea.
                      but it would contradict the ever more populat PBEM game due to time constraints. also, you are assuming that the 4 players will regularly be available simultaneously.
                      yet still a cool idea.

Comment

• regularly yes.. Frequently no.. The commitment is stated as 1 hour every two weeks. It will not be for the liking of most people, but then this is not aimed at most people, just those that COULD play online an hour or more every two weeks. I think it might work.. But then again thats why I am posting, to see if people will consider it. I have one confirmation already, just 6 more and we are cooking!

Comment

• Comment

• WooHOO!

Confirmed are three players.. Filix, Ricketyclick and me..

Interesting to know what O.S. people are using to see how many hosts we have.

Comment

• XP

Comment

• sign me up, and I can host too
                                Ash nazg dubratuluk
                                ash nazg gimbatul
                                ash nazg trakutaluk
                                agh burmuz-ishi krimpatul

Comment

Working...
                                X