Unnamed Bloodlust game Part I.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dattler
    a alliance of 4 players needs too much conversation for my taste, in the other case it would be ineffective.

a normal diplomatic game with alliances up to game status is more a challange for me.

i suggest a modification in sience progress:
    10 turns after a nation steps into a new age (this occasion can also be defined by us) all nations share their knowlege by rule.

this would give an alternation in strategic play and maybe more leaned onto reality.
    The problem with sharing the knowledge Dattler is that there are many Strategies in CTP, Production, Military, and Economic/Science ..... To force the Science players to share their knowledge will disadvantage them enormously, as Scientific Development is at the Expense of other aspects of the Civillisation, so the game would become unbalanced.
    He's back after a fashion...

Comment

is there cold sweat breaking out?

every nation enjoys the benefits of their science directly by buildings and units they can build. there would be only a few points to bring all nations to the same technological standard, which doesnt mean they will be as developed as originally discoverers. e.g it doesnt make sense to build tanks without having factories...

not without reason this times are called ages. some technological advances have great influences on the whole world(railroad, computers...). they always were copied, never self newinvented.

i wouldnt divide players in "scientific" or "militaristic"...
      this knowledge sharing would need another strategy for all because science is a part of every strategy. if anyone feels going fast towards another age he can lower the sciece rate and use extra money for rush buy or fastly step into the new age and get a lead over the others.
      but maybe you are right, this will lead to a game wiht lower scientific progress and therefor to more production based game. i see some huge battles upcoming

its just an discussable idea.

Comment

Dattler, I don't know how it will work.... I build my Strategy on reaching a particular point, then going 100% military, researching Commie as I build Muskets Sols and Cannons, then eradicate my opponents with sheer weight of numbers, That is how I Play the Internet game, but Diplomacy often Dilutes that in PBEM, you are suggesting something I can't quite Fathom as regards its impact on the game.... berXpert will be way ahead of us all in Science, yet he starts with lower Prod.. or he used to - now he beats me in both ... Someone like me would try to use SOLS in Massive numbers to his Battleships, capture cities and trade centres and steal science advances from him.... You are suggesting that I am granted the advances, so ber would be better off killing Science and playing a different game... I don't know, I think it would be too much for one game, I guess me and Ber would be in Rennaisance in 10 turns or so anyway, so we would be dragging everyone into Rennaisance when they still want to be building Granaries..

I think I prefer the team play idea.... BUT when you see the Powergraphs in games there is always one or two players that are massively behind, and it would be no fun for them, or there partners... I would like to see some more ideas first

Comment

Dattler's proposal would nullify many strategies. There would be no reason to boost science but only to get few important technologies faster. Some cooperations would fail. Briberies with techs. The use of spies to steal techs and the advantage to some players with powerfull technology to have modern weapons while others would have older ones to enforce their will supreme army.

Besides most technologies might have been copied in the real world but only between few. How many countries have the knowledge and the ability to construct ICBMs? Sattelites? Space Rockets? Supercomputers? Microsurgery? Clonning technology? etc.

Comment

Sharing technology? Isn't that what team/tribes games are for?
            "I'm an engineer. I make slides that people can't read. Sometimes I eat donuts." - Alice

Comment

Turn 9 > Gavrushka.

So, what kind of game will it be?

Comment

I guess since we can't agree on specific rules it will be a standard one and what ever follows...

Turn 10 to Kraji.

Comment

Turn 10 > Gavrushka

Standard game again?

Comment

Turn to Ber and Zobo..... we can make up the rules as we go along??

Comment

The game is still young, choose a specific rule if you will.
                      No problem for me.
                      Zobo Ze Warrior
                      --
                      Your brain is your worst enemy!

Comment

Originally posted by ZoboZeWarrior
                        The game is still young, choose a specific rule if you will.
                        No problem for me.
                        I would like to do something different other than build up Civ,and then go to War... There are six players, what about we form alliances.... But as me and Ber have already met and are cooperating.... perhaps we have peace to turn 80?? Let everyone meet and start cooperating as they will?? How about whenever one nation meets another for the first time they MUST exchange maps??

Comment

Exchanging maps with a civ you first met is very common Garry. It will not make any difference. Peace until turn 80 can be a negative thing too. If someone manages to do an early squize to another player then he will get benefit by that rule. However not conducting major wars meaning completely bring down your opponent would be a good rule.

Wasn't that my rejected initial proposal with the expeption of the turn number?

Comment

What king of game do you want ?

General Mood
                            A) Diplomatic
                            B) Global War

What kind of alliance do you want ?
                            A) Team and permanent Alliance
                            B) Changing but fixed by rules alliance
                            C) no rules for Alliance.

(Example for B: Each 9 turns the first ranked is allied with the last ranked. The 2nd is allied with the 5th. the 3th is allied with the 4th - just an example)

Rules on Tech exchange :
                            A) Each new age, people exhange ALL techs.
                            B) The most advanced could not have an advance of more than X techs.
                            C) No rules

Zobo Ze Warrior
                            --
                            Your brain is your worst enemy!

Comment

Killer game!!!
                              No kills allowed before turn 99.
                              BerXpert and Gavrushka are linked as Hunter - Victim.

Comment

Originally posted by Kralj Matjaz
                                Killer game!!!
                                No kills allowed before turn 99.
                                BerXpert and Gavrushka are linked as Hunter - Victim.
                                Oh yes I like it! Me and Ber have been shooting our mouths off, so lets us put some substance behind it, we kill you by capturing all 4 capitals, (no Capital moves allowed) you kill us by taking us out totally? No pirating, no Spy rebelling cities - Military muscle takes the win yes??

Comment

Working...
                                X