Swissy2 - Part VI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rick Elkins
    We notice the podigious rate of Australian procreation, whose nation leads the world in high-population cities. It is rumored that many of the children have a striking resemblance to Lung, but not having been invited to Australia for many years, we wouldn't know if there is any truth to this!

You must have seen in your foreign language films the movie Being Lung Malkovich, or the cover, at least You're absolutely right, most people over here look just like me - cheesy smile, dagger at the ready, etc. Actually, perhaps it's more that like that other Australian classic, Australian Psycho, or perhaps that's just how we appear to Egyptians

Comment

Turn 261 ==> Rick

At last it appears like the environmental reforms in Communist Rome are taking effect, as the emission output has taken a fall this cycle.

In response to calls for a standdown of military forces, the Welsh people will considor any proposals that Comrade Mobius sends in our direction.
      Cariad,
      Demosthenes.
      _____
      www.polthought.freeserve.co.uk

Comment

Turn 261 --> Comrade Mobius

While exploring long-forgotton buildings, a room was discovered with implements allowing Egypt to trade goods between her cities. These must have been created in the dim past by some ancient ruler.

But imagine our surprise to find that even though the "trade window" showed a gain in gold from the implementation of these trade routes, the overall gold for Egypt suddenly went down!! Could there be an ancient curse on these routes?? (it seems the ancient Egyptians were fond of their curses! ).

It has been decided to allow these trade routes to function for one more cycle, so as to allow our economists to study them. Perhaps the negative cash-flow they engender will somehow be corrected...

Comment

Turn 262 to Demosthenes 9 hours ago.

Comment

Turn 262 ==> Rick

Well it seems that Communism has at last been defeated, with Rome in a state of anarchy. Who knows what this will bring, but at least this has put an end to the noxius output from her cities.

_________

I will be unavailable until further notice, at least a couple of weeks. I have explained to Mobius what is happening, and I've asked that a sub be found until I resurface.

Please accept my apologies.
            Cariad,
            Demosthenes.
            _____

Comment

Im available email addy is masterdebatez@aol.com.

Or you could be like everyone else and get blackice

Comment

Turn 262 --> Comrade Mobius

Egyptian economists have found that the gold shortfall has disappeared as mysteriously as it appeared Perhaps the anti-curse ceremonies held by some of our people actually worked!

Comment

If it were not for the anarchy in the Roman Empire, it's citizens would rejoice at the huge decrease in pollution emissions!

However as we have all received a warning regarding the damage caused to the ozone layer, we must press on in our crusade!

In a shock move, Rome's once most intractable enemy has laid the future of his Empire in Roman hands - we believe we have the man for the job, a man who has had prior experience of this World and he will have first refusal for this illustrious task!

We hope that our newfound friend may soon return...
                  Is it me, or is MOBIUS a horrible person?

Comment

It looks like Wales has been gazumped!! It seems that Roman treachery has continued unabated

Turn 263 to Demosthenes

Comment

Or you could be like everyone else and get blackice
                      Saddam: Of course I would never choose you. I want to see all my temples and theaters when I return. You're just selling all these things off
                      First they ignore you. Then they laugh at you. Then they fight you. Then you win.

Gandhi

Comment

That is the first thing I did in monkey, was sell 4 cathedrals, 2 Hospitals,lots of temples, tons of academies in citys with no scientists appointed, and countless theatres (which have no use unless you use an entertainer). All that costed me about 280 gold a turn which went to science they just werent worth having when you can keep your people relatively happy using the sliders and science with trade (even tho i have little of anything in that game)

Happiness improvments= waste of time and resources
                        They Run up the maintence costs which sucks money away from the Science budget. Dont believe me Birdy? Look at your overall maintence costs on civ screen for once !

That production and maintence cost is way better spent Oil Refinerys, Jets, Guns and erm...tanks

(edited after viewing Monkey turn 202)
                        Last edited by faded glory; September 8, 2001, 19:27.

Comment

Agree with the hospitals and cathedrals - but not the rest - the cheap improvements. We could start a thread about this?!
                          First they ignore you. Then they laugh at you. Then they fight you. Then you win.

Gandhi

Comment

Rome is still gripped by anarchy but hopes that this is but a short condition...
                            Is it me, or is MOBIUS a horrible person?

Comment

A Message From The Wilderness

I still find myself roaming the vast metropolis, with little progress of soon returning to the fold. However, I have not given up hope, and I still strive to plant my feet back upon the glorius soil of Wales, and then return her and her people to their former glory.

That is, however, if I have an empire to return to. Reports have filtered to me through my secret network, of a vast scheme of privatisation and selling off of public utilities. These rumours have yet to be confirmed, but they still fill me with great concern.

Expect to hear more from Demosthenes in the near future, with a glorius homecoming following shortly afterwards.
                              Cariad,
                              Demosthenes.
                              _____

Comment

Easy Demos.

I have not been selling anything off - but where's the turn? Last I know of, was me sending a turn to Rick (torick1) 1½ week ago.

Gandhi

Comment

Working...
                                X