No announcement yet.

Swissy2 - Part VI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Today Romans rejoiced in the streets when it was reported that Sydney had been taken - indeed, our illustrious commander, Mobiusolini had himself infiltrated this nerve centre of the enemy for the last four months. It was a mere formality to direct Roman forces to the choke points...

Rome is also glad that Egypt is regaining her former glory (from Faded Glory!), and has prepared the next phase of the hand over...

As for the pollution problems, what with prosecuting a fully fledged war it has been difficult to deal with pollution problems at home - especially when our anti pollution technology is unfortunately not as advanced as that of our pollution... Great steps have been taken lately that should sharply reduce our pollution output...
    Is it me, or is MOBIUS a horrible person?

Comment

• Rats!

My cunning plan to foil the invaders with Sydney's notorious traffic snarls has come a gutser! Our lazy bastards exploited the situation by choosing to take the day off, thus leaving the roads open and passable for the first time in years!

Comment

• Turn 291--> Mobiusolini

Gotta watch them workers all the time!! This turn brought another rash of blackened squares, but numerous workers were still mindlessly toiling away at them!

Comment

• Originally posted by Lung
          I hope you bastards all drown
          I still hope you bastards all drown

Comment

• Originally posted by Lung
            I still hope you bastards all drown
            Maybe we will - but you won't be around to see it!

Comment

• Turn 292--> Mobiusolini

By the eyebrow of Isis!!

Is it possible that Australia is down to her last city??

Comment

• We shall never surrender! NEVER!!!

Comment

• Er...am i dead?

Comment

• Yep.

An Ex Empire, pushing up public works, pining for the War Walkers, etc...

Rome has returned almost all former Egyptian back to their original owners. Pollution has now been contained as the true polluters have both been vanquished!

As only Rome and her Egyptian ally exist hostilities have ceased as everyone prepares to live happily ever after!

Game ends...

Moral of the story: Take the offer that's given and don't nuke my cities!

Comment

• PS thanx for the game, guys!

Comment

• Congratulations on a game well-played!

Although I was only in the last part of the game, I enjoyed watching you consume most of the world! (Especially since the nations you took were those who had been ganging up on litttle Egypt!)

I guess the lesson I learned is that it is good policy for tiny nations to ally with the future winner!!

Comment

• But you still lost!

LOSER!!!

I may be a bigger loser than you, but you are still a loser

Comment

• [QUOTE] Originally posted by Lung
                            But you still lost!

Hmmm...interesting question. Did Egypt actually lose?

Now granted, she did not win the game!

But if a nation allies with another during a war, and her enemies are vanquished by that more powerful ally, and if at the end of the game that nation finds itself not only still standing, but also healthy, producing food and wealth, and with more territory then when she started, I wouldn't call that losing!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Rick Elkins
                              But if a nation allies with another during a war, and her enemies are vanquished by that more powerful ally, and if at the end of the game that nation finds itself not only still standing, but also healthy, producing food and wealth, and with more territory then when she started, I wouldn't call that losing!!
                              I wouldn't call it winning, either

Comment

• I would call it being a winner!

Historically Egypt was instrumental in allowing Rome to return from the brink of extinction by graciously accepting Rome's hand of friendship and in turn providing much needed Gold and Advances.

In a way Rick's predescessor sacrificed his empire so that Rome's flourished in the Great War.

Rick accepted the baton of responsibility at the nadir of Egypt's power, but still provided a useful foil to Australian and Welsh expansionism and a worthy ally.

Rome merely repaid Rick's allegiance and the allegiance of Sophix by restoring Egypt to her former glory as any grateful nation would!

The only losers here were those nations that saw fit to pursue a war of aggression against two peace loving nations...

Comment

Working...
                                X