No announcement yet.

Online League Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I speak I think teams are great but 1 vs 1 would be great too. It would also add more flexability to online play. Could we not do both?

Ok here is some info for you network guru's, games.igateway.net is 206.142.60.4 in two weeks it seems to be static. UDP port outgoing is 21157 for CTP. Now that is static for sure. You could also simply enter the games etc address and let the firewall, windows resolve it.

Nl. server is different it jumps around so I would avoid it but here goes: 195.193.163.56 again outgoing port is 21157.

The tricky part is the incomming UDP port it jumps around too, so it starts at: 21120, 21130, 21140, 21150, 21190. It also comes in on 21220 to 21260.

So if you program your firewalls and your network to allow this information we should be able to use xp for hosting.

Now I did program my firewall to allow the games. server tonight on high security. The ping was 2000+ until I told it to allow the games. address. Once done it settled back to 200 or so where it usually is without the firewall on. So the address is correct as the nl. server was still 4k or so still after making the adjustment to the firewall by adding the games. server address and leving it on high security.

So it would seem to me we need to tell xp with the firewall on to allow UDP ports 21120 to 21290 for incomming. 21157 for out going and again let xp figure out the server address. I would recomend the games server as it seems static.

Now my xp is set up this way but need to test it. I doubt it will work with an xp victim unless that person had it set up this way too. So anyone want to play test this Idea? Now the problem will be two fold for people with routers. You will need to program both.

Ber you now have the information needed to inquire with your ISP as to how to get your internet connection o allow this game to work. I would say if they have these ports blocked it is odd since no known trojan etc uses it. I guess they maybe erroring on the side of safe.
    Last edited by blackice; May 25, 2004, 20:33.
    “The Communist Manifesto was correct…but…we see the privileges of the capitalist bourgeoisie yielding…to democratic organizations…In my judgment…success lies in a steady [peaceful] advance…[rather]…than in…a catastrophic crash."Eduard Bernstein
    Or do we?

Comment

Ok adding nl. server as a host name worked too.
      “The Communist Manifesto was correct…but…we see the privileges of the capitalist bourgeoisie yielding…to democratic organizations…In my judgment…success lies in a steady [peaceful] advance…[rather]…than in…a catastrophic crash."Eduard Bernstein
      Or do we?

Comment

Ice would you help sort a 1v1 league if enough different people are interested? Or someone?? The issue being for me is that the mass appeal of team play and the lack of hosts means 1v1 is a little more restrictive.. But it would work far more smootlhly!
        He's back after a fashion...

Comment

i will hardly find time for a 2x2 league.

another suggestion:
          i would say no restarts until good starting conditions are found. there is always a luck factor in every sport and this could be one of ours.
          also nice should one team emerge as the ultimately best to give some hope to the others.
          Baal: "You dare mock me ?"
          O'Neill: "Baal, c'mon, you should know ... Of course I dare mock you."

Comment

I agree on no restarts. Bad land is a spur to find better land elsewhere.

I also feel that the time involved in a 1v1 league would be too much, unless it was run far less formally and over a long long time period.. Plus there would be very few players who could actually enter it due to O.S. restrictions.

Comment

Im pretty confident Yoda cant host, he hasnt been able to this year, has that scenario problem 90% of games started and they won't reload. I stand to be corrected, but im not often wrong.

I can host but i cant play (-:

Comment

I talked to attila and grafxfx, i think theyll join.
                I hope they will post here very soon.

Comment

We need them.. Then we can form teams and start!

Comment

I'm in.

Vote early and often.
                    If it ain't broke, find a bigger hammer.

Comment

Working...
                    X