Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The only icon for a civ flag I can think of that could have some 'deep meaning' would be...

A chariot based on the Civ3 Egyptian war chariot. Vets will know why, but for new comers: we essentially stole a war that by rights against an even opponent we should have lost due to a GA sparked by a war chariot. Not to mention that the GW we build with the GL came in handy. Not sure if a chariot fits on a C4 flag very well though.

Or, some fanciful sword and anvil to sybolise a desire to build wed with an ability to kill when needed. A sword over an anvil (the sword replacing the traditional hammer)? I'm not a graphics wizz, so it would need someone with talent to make real. You out there, Sir Ralph?

OK. That's 2. Call me an inquisitor.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

Oh, and then there is Grog.

A C3 warrior in silhouette would go very well on a C4 flag. Grog contributed about as much as anyone or anything to our surviving the peril.

3! Three good flags!
      (\__/)
      (='.'=)
      (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

The sword and anvil (or something along those lines) is more looking forward and less living in the past. It would have my vote if three equally good designs were presented.

Or can we make the whole flag red, blue, and gold bars?
        (\__/)
        (='.'=)

Comment

Originally posted by notyoueither
          Oops. Sorry, NM. I posted already with a reservation that the team could say different and I would change our position. That being said...

Past experience with several multi-continental teams leads me to predict that there is no 'right' place for us in the order. Turn player time zones could shift 10 or 12 hours (West Coast NA-SA to Eastern Europe) and then there is the entirely unpredictable situation of the antipodes.

In short, this is a ready made 'go with the flow' question for us.
          That's ok, no slapping needed for I agree with you, there's no real association with timezones when you consider that a group of people will have time availabilities spread out over the day...

As for time limits, I'm not so sure anymore. A more flexible policy would favour our tendency to discuss everything to the ground (from what I've read)
          "You cannot simultaneously prevent and prepare for war" - Albert Einstein
          Eternal Ruler of the Incan Empire in the History of The World 5 Diplomacy Game. The Diplogame HotW 6 is being set up.
          Citizen of the Civ4 Single Player Democracy Game JOIN US!
          Wanna play some PBEMs!?

Comment

I favour flexibility on the time limits. If one team is constantly slow then something might be done, but too harsh a regime could damage the game as much as tardiness.

Comment

I'd favour either the GS logo or the sword & anvil over the retro options. Unfortunately I have little ability in the graphics dept, but if no-one here can do it we could ask on the general forum and someone might help us. AC's starry flag looks excellent.

Comment

My graphical skills are overrated, all I can do is relatively simple symbols. Sword and anvil are a nice idea and should be simple enough, though - for a coat of arms on a flag we don't need much detail. I'll see what I can do, when I return from work. What size does it have to be btw?

EDIT: Scratch that about the size, I found the thread.

Comment

Well, here's a base for discussion, that's pretty much all I can come up with. I have to say, that I'm not quite satisfied with it. As I said I don't have much skills for detailed pictures. And neither do I have the tools. This is pixeled together with an ages old PSP 5, that's all I have. Perhaps somebody has better tools, more time and (most importantly) more talent to either come up with a better flag or refine this one.
                  Attached Files

Comment

SR, what about getting some red in, for instance by making the anvil red, the sword yellow, and the background like you've got? No idea if that would work, though...

DeepO

Comment

What about the new question posed re: the Map Settings (continents or custom continents... see the thread on the main forum)?

Personally, I think I'd like to see Custom Continents, random number, with a preview to make sure nobody is all alone. Or specify 3 continents.

-Arrian
                      grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

The continents script with a fixed number is worthless. I have no idea how Firaxis could release this. It produces maps with a predictable pattern. Unfun cubed. If you don't know what I'm talking about, just generate a couple of maps with 3 continents and look at them in the world builder.

Re colors - the anvil is already yellow, but I decided that a red sword would look bad. I'll see what I can do about a red anvil and a yellow sword.

Comment

Custom Continents sucks, definately...go with the ordinary continents, I'd say. Even if there is a Lego position, it can be handled. If there are multiple Stormias and a Bob, the game is just as interesting as having 4 on one continent and 3 on another. We can adapt to the situation...
                          You just wasted six ... no, seven ... seconds of your life reading this sentence.

Comment

This is my try at the flag. Its 96x128 so it would need to be stretched to 128x128. Tell me what you think. Sorry, the anvil was just too hard
                            Attached Files
                            Eternal Ruler of the Incan Empire in the History of The World 5 Diplomacy Game. The Diplogame HotW 6 is being set up.
                            Wanna play some PBEMs!?

Comment

btw, how the heck does one post an image so it can be seen on the forum?
                              Wanna play some PBEMs!?

Comment

Upload to Apolyton and use the img tags.
                                (\__/)
                                (='.'=)

Comment

Working...
                                X