Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I agree with what Uno said. Also, you could throw my name at the bottom of the reply. No one outside of this knows anything about me and they could think we're letting a complete noob draft these replies. If not, I agree with the name concealment.

Comment

Originally posted by FeMme
      Or perhaps we should just laugh in their face and declare war anyway!!!

I don't know why he saved my life. Maybe in those last moments he loved life more than he ever had before. Not just his life - anybody's life, my life. All he'd wanted were the same answers the rest of us want. Where did I come from? Where am I going? How long have I got? All I could do was sit there and watch him die.

Comment

I think that Chuckmans earlier suggestion is better. Short and to the point, shows that we don't deem them worthy of a more elaborate reply...

Greetings PAL.

Our warren is large and full of diverse opinions. While the current leadership is in favor of peace, there is no way to ensure that future leadership would honor a treaty of such long duration. As such we could not in good faith enter into such a treaty.

We do however agree that tech and resource trading could be of great benefit.

[insert name here] Junior Subwabbit in charge of Foreign Relations
        I love being beaten by women - Lorizael

Comment

While PAL is certainly unworthy, does it serve us to let them know that just yet?

My feeling is that we should do everything possible to make them feel all friendly and comfortable with us without actually giving them anything.

We want to look like the nice cuddly little furry rabbit. When they reach out to pet us is when we show the teeth and remind them what Caerbannog really is!
          "I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

Comment

Hmm, you have a point there...

Comment

I think we've already let them know that they are unworthy with the amount of time that it has taken us to send a reply...

Comment

Better not to rush into things. This way when, in the fullness of time they do get a well thought out and considered reply they don't remember who we are anymore.
                Long time member @ Apolyton
                Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

Comment

We could tell them that the reply was held-up in committee.

Comment

It would be the truth.
                      He who knows others is wise.
                      He who knows himself is enlightened.
                      -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

We do need to send them a response soon.

It would be good to try and get them to agree to let our scout "Declare War" and pass through their territory.
                        I don't know why he saved my life. Maybe in those last moments he loved life more than he ever had before. Not just his life - anybody's life, my life. All he'd wanted were the same answers the rest of us want. Where did I come from? Where am I going? How long have I got? All I could do was sit there and watch him die.

Comment

This is why we need Rob & Geo as leaders. As a group we can't even get past "hi". Erm, did we say 'hi' btw? Who the heck oked that?

Here, we need to say something. How about, 'while we discuss your wonderful and timely offer, perhaps you would please like to kindly surrender to our scout and spare us this quagmire of a debate?'

Wait! I got it! If we surrender to them it would throw them completely off balance! Hmm, anyone remember the exact quote from the Holy Grail?

Comment

Ok. Everyone can relax. To give us some more time I sent the reply 'Tuesday'. By the time that gets straightened out we might have actually come up with something.

Comment

Lancer, what the heck are you talking about?
                              He who knows others is wise.
                              He who knows himself is enlightened.
                              -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

Lancer, surely you ment to send the reply 'Purple'??????
                                Let your every day be full of joy, love the child that holds your hand, let your wife delight in your embrace, for these alone are the concerns of humanity.
                                The BtS Pitboss Team Democracy Game has just started!!!
                                Come and test your metal in the Apolyton Civ4 Beyond the Sword Tri-League Tournament
                                Tohunga o kairākau of Southern Cross in the Warlords Pitboss Team Democracy Game, and Member of the Great Council and Curator of The Khan's Compendium for The Horde in the Civ4 Team Democracy Game

Comment

Working...
                                X