• Show
Clear All

Methinks PAL is not into roleplaying...
    I love being beaten by women - Lorizael

Comment

In from Whip[lash via PM.....

Glad to meet you!

Greetings RobWorham of Team Rabbit !

The people of PAL are delighted to meet your fine civilization.

Thank you very much for the delicious carrots and lettuce; no raisons please.

We at PAL, would like to jump right into the deep end, regarding team cooperation. The sooner we start coordinating the greater the advantage - Lets start sharing information ASAP.

I think you guys would agree, tech duplication is a waste. So on this note, if we want to gain a considerable advantage over the other teams, lets start working out who will get what technology. There are 2 key early tech routes, the Monarchy route and the Alphabet route (possibly the Metal Casting route). If we take a route each, it would be a huge saving.

Also we have some intelligence regarding other team’s locations; but before we commit to any form of intelligence sharing or technology trading, we must get a peace treaty in place.

Would team Rabbit be willing to adhere to the following treaty (treaty 1)?

1) Under no circumstances can either team declare war on the other, without prior permission. If permission is obtained, an end of war date must be agreed upon, before war is declared.

2) Approval from the other team must be obtained, when looking to make a mutual protection pact with a third party – Therefore there is no walk-around to break section 1.

3) This treaty lasts for a duration of 150 turns - Unless mutually terminated, by both teams.

Once we have agreement on a peace treaty, we can start discussing other matters. The treaty is obviously just a skeleton; we would be interested to hear your thoughts.

Let the team work begin!

whip[lash for PAL
      Let your every day be full of joy, love the child that holds your hand, let your wife delight in your embrace, for these alone are the concerns of humanity.
      The BtS Pitboss Team Democracy Game has just started!!!
      Come and test your metal in the Apolyton Civ4 Beyond the Sword Tri-League Tournament
      Tohunga o kairākau of Southern Cross in the Warlords Pitboss Team Democracy Game, and Member of the Great Council and Curator of The Khan's Compendium for The Horde in the Civ4 Team Democracy Game

Comment

What say yee fellow rabbits???
        Let your every day be full of joy, love the child that holds your hand, let your wife delight in your embrace, for these alone are the concerns of humanity.
        The BtS Pitboss Team Democracy Game has just started!!!
        Come and test your metal in the Apolyton Civ4 Beyond the Sword Tri-League Tournament
        Tohunga o kairākau of Southern Cross in the Warlords Pitboss Team Democracy Game, and Member of the Great Council and Curator of The Khan's Compendium for The Horde in the Civ4 Team Democracy Game

Comment

Not declaring war without permission? War only on a pre-defined timescale? Is this guy for real?

On the duration scale, it seems their (military?) build-up phase is set at about 150 turns.
          Last edited by GeoModder; July 4, 2008, 19:10.
          He who knows others is wise.
          He who knows himself is enlightened.
          -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

Too early, we need contact with more teams.

The viking age ended 1066 at Monday, September 25, 6pm

Comment

Give em lots of raisins.

Their reply seems fairly bizarre. (Even more that our message to them?) (Perhaps not.) I believe they could be throwing stuff out there so wierd (150 turns etc) that it cannot but be believed. It's a sucker play, that's my take. Now, do we play sucker?

Trust but verify.
              Long time member @ Apolyton
              Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

Pleae remember that PAL has a history of attemptung early rushes...........

And they have lots of elephants.....

IF we do go ahead with them Rule 1 is useless - it cannot be enforced, as is Rule 2.

Rule 3 seems sorta pointless as well.

Tech trading and avoiding tech duplication is highly beneficial however - and I would like to enter some sort of agreement. However this cannot happen until we actually have the tech required to enable tech trading.

They have us blocked from a land point of view - so this may be a good idea at this point. We can always engineer a reason to cancel the treaty.
                I don't know why he saved my life. Maybe in those last moments he loved life more than he ever had before. Not just his life - anybody's life, my life. All he'd wanted were the same answers the rest of us want. Where did I come from? Where am I going? How long have I got? All I could do was sit there and watch him die.

Comment

Originally posted by Nugog
                  Please remember that PAL has a history of attemptung early rushes...........
                  I thought with a partner, or am I wrong? In any case, an early rush on us would be strategically unfeasable since we're the only two civs on this side of the continent, there's only one way to encroach on us.

As on elephant rushes, once a copper city is settled, we can get spearmen.

In that light, if we go on a tech trade agreement with them, I recommend we take the Alphabet route. Gives us a benefit once we meet other civs besides them. But they already met another civ according to their espionage output, so there's no telling what kind of trade agreements they made with them.

On the land blockade. It looks like the other 'old world' continent is just to the west of Dandelion across the seastrait. If we follow Viking's advice about a workboat we could sent one out along the north coast and contact other civs there.
                  -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

A thing I know not, these treaties, if made, are set in stone,like
                    being part of game's mechanics or can we be betrayed?
                    If they true,I think them profitable to expand.
                    Best regards,

Comment

This is typical PAL option # 2 in my opinion. A limited duration treaty while they already have acknowledged contact with another civ.

We should press them for details on their other contacts before committing to anything.

Much is yet to be learned before jumping straight into a treaty IMHO.
                      "I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

Comment

Originally posted by fed1943
                        A thing I know not, these treaties, if made, are set in stone,like
                        being part of game's mechanics or can we be betrayed?
                        If they true,I think them profitable to expand.
                        Best regards,
                        As long as no Permanent Alliance agreement is signed (is that option even enabled in this game?) we can be betrayed any time by a 'partner'.

Originally posted by PLATO
                        We should press them for details on their other contacts before committing to anything.

Much is yet to be learned before jumping straight into a treaty IMHO.
                        -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

A tech/goods trade deal is the only deal I'd like to make with PAL given their notorious untrustworthiness...

Comment

One way to step around our distrust would be something like:

"Our warren is large and full of diverse opinions. While the current leadership is in favor of peace, there is no way to ensure that future leadership would honor a treaty of such long duration. As such we could not in good faith enter into such a treaty."

I agree that tech and resource trading could be of great benefit.
                            Yes, negotiations could take some time.

Comment

Chuckman, brilliant!

Comment

Indeed, it is on the money!!
                                Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity.

Member of Team Southern Cross in Warlords Pitboss Team Democracy Game
                                Member of the Great Council of the Horde in Civ4 Team Democracy Game

Comment

Working...
                                X