What are Democracy Games (DGs)?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What are Democracy Games (DGs)?

This thread is to help answer the question presented in its title: what are Democracy Games (DGs)?

I'll leave it to someone, or someones, better qualified to answer this question.
    PolyCast Co-Host, Owner and Producer: entertaining | informing civ
    >> PolyCast (Civ strategy), ModCast (Civ modding), TurnCast (Civ multiplay); One More Turn Dramedy

Democracy games are a form of collaborative Civilization. There are a couple varients of collaborative multiplayer, one of which each player plays a certain number of turns as a specific civilization, and then passes it onto someone else who plays the next turns, and so on.

Democracy games explore the question, "what if I actually were a leader", and the council members were other posters. Each democracy game has a leader, who appoints his or her own staff (or they can be elected by the forum). The leader takes suggestions from his cabinet as to how the game should proceed, and plays a specific number of turns until an important question arises causing the leader to seek input from his cabinet.

Multiplayer democracy games work the same way, except they are passed as PBEM games between two 'squads' competing against one another.
    Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
    "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
    2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Working...
    X