No announcement yet.

a few observations on leader generation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The sad part is that this thread was started over 2 years ago. Smiley just had to 'bump' it
    *steven8r shakes head from side-to-side*

For all the Leader Generating info, read the thread about Ancient Cavalry producing MGL's. (There are others too).

This thread deserves to be put back on the bottom of the stack. (and here I am posting)
    *steven8r shakes head from side-to-side again*
    "...Every Right implies a certain Responsibility; Every Opportunity, an Obligation; Every Possession, a Duty." --J.D. Rockerfeller, Jr.

Comment

BAH
      Can't believe I missed something -THAT- obvious

Well, we'll make this thread do something useful anyway. The 'Must-Read' thread is essential viewing everyone
      It's all my territory really, they just squat on it...!
      She didn't declare war on me, she's just playing 'hard to get'...

Comment

IIRC, AFAIK, from reading various threads and no testing of my own (lazy me):

UPGRADING
        Conscript-Regular
        Militaristic 1/2, other 1/4
        Regular-Veteran
        Mil. 1/4, other 1/8
        Vet - Elite
        Mil 1/8, other 1/16

At least, that's IIRC.

Leader generation:
        ALL CIVS (including Mil): 1/16
        CIV WITH HEROIC EPIC: 1/12

Most of this is IIRC, and it's probably been changed with Conquests and the breakup of Sci Leaders and Mil Leaders. Anyone got info on that?

(I think I'm starting to like Conq. though. My first elite battle with the exp pack produced an MGL )

EDIT: Oh. It's two years old.
        meet the new boss, same as the old boss

Comment

Umm parking troops on mountain fortresses never works, bad strategy. Whenever you have a strong unit on a mountain the enemy NEVER, EVER attacks it.

Are you all playing on chieftain?

This never works I wonder why so many people suggest it..the AI will always bypass strong units like this it only attacks when it has a half decent chance. I play on Emperor so maybe its easier for you all on the easy diffs.

Comment

It's also a nice place to hide damaged units
            If it's hidden behind a good defender, the AI won't touch it
            No use for me though, I normally run to the nearest captured city. But, it's feedback on your thoughts

Comment

Originally posted by Artifex
              Umm parking troops on mountain fortresses never works, bad strategy. Whenever you have a strong unit on a mountain the enemy NEVER, EVER attacks it.
              I'm not so sure about that... as a general rule, yes, but I've definitely gotten attacked when in an overwhelming stronger position (at the point / tile of battle, I mean, whether due to unit strength, unit number, and / or defensive bonuses). Sometimes very stupidly, but sometimes very cannily.

I don;t think anyone has ever really reverse-engineered AI offensive combat in a meaningful way.
              The greatest delight for man is to inflict defeat on his enemies, to drive them before him, to see those dear to them with their faces bathed in tears, to bestride their horses, to crush in his arms their daughters and wives.

Duas uncias in puncta mortalis est.

Comment

I've reversed the AI...does that count?
                It would SEEM, (no promises), that the AI attacks when it thinks it has a shot at displacing the player. This used to be visible in the barbs...however it wouldn't take on fights where it had next to no chance at all
                Anyway - the AI seems to fight when it has the 'courage' a big stack gives it to push it's luck. Unlike we humans though, it doesn't build much slack into how wrong things can go and STILL WIN, nor does it even seem to care if the odds are a little against it - just so long as it has a stab at getting you out. Hence, Mass-Impi-vs-a-dozen-knights-in-a-forest-trauma
                Perhaps, once again, the AI was loking at the sheer number of troops it had vs the target and not the actual ability of each unit?

Comment

Working...
                X