No announcement yet.

The next AU course (after AU401)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Update: alexman has agreed to create the Total War scenario! It should be ready around Wednesday.

Dominae
    And her eyes have all the seeming of a demon's that is dreaming...

Comment

Hmm...

China or Persia?

Early archers & cheap barracks/harbors and Riders, or
      Start with spearmen, Immortals & free tech per era?

Or maybe Carthage or France.

Tough call.

I think Persia, though. The sheer number of battles should provide enough leaders, so militaristic's advantage is largely confined to the cheap barracks/harbors & warrior code to start (or The Wheel if Japan). Industrious strikes me as an absolute must. Scientific & Commercial seem to be the others that make sense. Government switching just isn't gonna happen much - Monarchy is likely to be the only one, and this devalues Religious. Expansionist will just get me into wars faster.

So Persia or Carthage or France or maybe China.

Must ponder...

-Arrian
      grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

More pondering...

Very limited REXing. The idea is not to meet anyone for the first 10-20 turns. If you don't meet anyone, then there is no war. This gives the civilization a chance to buid their forces. Of course you need to explore to determine initial city placement.

On the downside, you will miss out on some goody huts. And your knowledge of the terain is limited. None the less, I would limit my exploration as much as possible.

Comment

I would like to sponser an AU game with the theme of starting way behind in the tech race. I'm thinking of a middle-age start for the AIs.

If there are no objections/alternatives, I'll post it in a few days.

Comment

Post with or without objections. I will with hold any until I see how bad it looks. I don't mind a hole, but I hate to look up and see dirt being shoveled on me.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveMcW
              I would like to sponser an AU game with the theme of starting way behind in the tech race.
              That's called Deity.

In any case I'd be interested in taking a look at it. The current focus right now is on an introduction game sponsored by Theseus which should be coming out soon.

Comment

id be interested in (im not sure if there already is one) a coarse on having a strong navy, and using it correctly

Comment

Dave, can spell out your idea a bit more? World characteristics, civs, etc.

It's usually helpful to build up to a consensus.... really great ideas can pop put in the process.
                  The greatest delight for man is to inflict defeat on his enemies, to drive them before him, to see those dear to them with their faces bathed in tears, to bestride their horses, to crush in his arms their daughters and wives.

Duas uncias in puncta mortalis est.

Comment

Originally posted by zorbop
                    id be interested in (im not sure if there already is one) a coarse on having a strong navy, and using it correctly
                    I think this idea has been floated by a couple of times, would be interesting if it were finally made

(as if I'll have time to play it anway... )
                    A true ally stabs you in the front.

Secretary General of the U.N. & IV Emperor of the Glory of War PTWDG | VIII Consul of Apolyton PTW ISDG | GoWman in Stormia CIVDG | Lurker Troll Extraordinaire C3C ISDG Final | V Gran Huevote Team Latin Lover | Webmaster Master Zen Online | CivELO (3°)

Comment

You know you'll find the time
                      Consul.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!

Comment

Originally posted by MrWhereItsAt
                        You know you'll find the time
                        Sad but I dout it...

Anyway, I'm saving those AU games till I have time. I started the Total Forever War and didn't finish it, ti's still on the shelf... Gargantua, well, my PC will probably bust up if I play it so I'm saving it till I get my P4...
                        A true ally stabs you in the front.

Secretary General of the U.N. & IV Emperor of the Glory of War PTWDG | VIII Consul of Apolyton PTW ISDG | GoWman in Stormia CIVDG | Lurker Troll Extraordinaire C3C ISDG Final | V Gran Huevote Team Latin Lover | Webmaster Master Zen Online | CivELO (3°)

Comment

Save it for a P5 or whatever is next or at least take down civs as fast as you can.

Comment

Originally posted by zorbop
                            Could be interesting. Create a map with 80% water, 50-60 tiny islands (max 20-25 squares each) and 8 aggressive civs.
                            Have fun.
                            The Mountain Sage of the Swiss Alps

Comment

I vote for Island Hopping
                              Although I haven't posted for a LONG time [had to make a new account because I forgot my old one]
                              I DO like AU so an old theme like Island Hopping would make me nostalgic for the old days.

Comment

so, when is the next course coming out?
                                402 and 208 aren't the best for beginning AU and i'm hoping for a slightly easier and specially less time-consuming challenge soon
                                - Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity
                                - Atheism is a nonprophet organization.

Comment

Working...
                                X