Ultimate Power: a more pragmatic approach

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Arrian,

Irrigation: since Atlanta was the last city I buit, I carried over irrigation from Roxane to Erin, then to Philadelphia.
    I know that plain grassland should be mined, but unfortunately I can't stand the sight of 'just' mines. Ah well (pun -almost- unintended), it's cracker's again for me...
    Barbs: I went back and checked: empty hut!

I'll post the end of this game tomorrow, then it's AU208
    I'll play Apprentice Chieftain.
    The Mountain Sage of the Swiss Alps

Comment

• You know, you *could* just decide you don't want to play AU208, if the thought of nonstop war doesn't interest you.

Hell, even I am playing in bursts - it gets tiring after a while, fighting off nonstop attacks.

-Arrian
      grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

• Don't forget the depression of not doing well for sooooo long. I have only been able to take a few hours at a sitting.
        I don't mind being behind, but I can usually see the point where I will start to move to the front, not in AU208.

Comment

• Originally posted by Arrian
          You know, you *could* just decide you don't want to play AU208, if the thought of nonstop war doesn't interest you.

-Arrian
          And miss all the fun of getting slaughtered? No way.
          I'll play Carthage, start on Deity and go down a level every time I'm annihilated.

Comment

• 1485 AD: The Babylonians declared war, and promptly lost the only ‘red’ city in my ‘blue lagoon’.
            Attached Files

Comment

• 1665 AD: PUP at its best. Long live the Americans!
              Attached Files

Comment

• 1848 AD: mathematics for beginners: 1+1 = 1+1
                1 stupid civ (the Babs) + 1 stupid civ (the Vikings) = …
                Attached Files

Comment

• 1900 AD: … = 1 continent for 1 civ only.
                  Attached Files

Comment

• 1900 AD: my last wonder with my 8th GL. Useless, but pretty.
                    Attached Files

Comment

• 1902 AD: Arrian’s Temptation: why not destroy the whole Zulu army (they were ‘helping’me against the Babs), just to be on the safe side?

I’ll never know the answer, since on the same turn I won by domination (after 23 hours of play!!!!!).
                      Attached Files

Comment

• Hi everybody,

Anybody interesting in comparing game strategies and achievements, waiting for the next AU?
                        My latest game: Greece, emperor (easy, even for Arrian!), standard, 8 civs
                        Screenshots and comments for BC: 2500, 1500 150; AD 10, 1100, 1350, 1500, 1700, 1800 and the last turn.

Your starting point:
                        Attached Files

Comment

• And the save (PTW):
                          Attached Files

Comment

• MS I have two games going now to try to debug a problem with Firaxis. Why not start a new thread for this so we will not have to load all the old pcs or thread jack. It will be easier to follow. Just a thought. That way people can come back to at a later date.

Comment

• Emperor, MS, is not easy for me. It's a challenge, and it tends to feel more like "work" than "play." That's why I only occasionally venture up there. Most of the time, I play on Monarch. It's more fun for me.

I actually haven't been playing much civ lately, so I'll pass on this one for now.

-Arrian
                              grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

• Please put your comments about my last posted game under the 'Emperor Games: how to improve your skills' thread.

Arrian,
                                You and YS have at least one thing in common (besides being just a bit on the dark side): you both should go up a level. Hey! A whole new world opening in front of you at Emperor, with UP, perfect P/FP placement, civs to kill, corruption to check, luxuries to grasp....

Comment

Working...
                                X