No announcement yet.

Ultimate Power: a more pragmatic approach

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crosspost with Alexman. Well, that seems like a reasonable explanation.

-Arrian
    grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

• Yes Arrian, pre PTW it was easier.

alexman if he is using a mod, then shame on him for letting this go on so long with out mentioning it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Arrian

I will say this: getting early leaders was slightly easier under CivIII 1.29 than under PTW, because of the changes to the barbarians. In CivIII 1.29, when you popped barbs from a hut, they would suicide rush you, and if you won, you were automatically elite. So that did help a bit. Oh, if I was as good at ultra early war then as I am now...

-Arrian
        I had metioned that in my previously thread. It is the best way to get a elite. But in DYP , you can't get a elite like this . So I think DYP is more hard than usual game.

BTW, If a unit can't produce a happy face, never let it jib in a city, the unit 's task is battle, not stand here&there and have nothing to do.

Comment

• fanes I do not want to sounds rude but can you just please say already, Do you or do you not reload the game to get your Great Leaders?

Comment

• one more page and still no straight answer about the reloading...
            A true ally stabs you in the front.

Secretary General of the U.N. & IV Emperor of the Glory of War PTWDG | VIII Consul of Apolyton PTW ISDG | GoWman in Stormia CIVDG | Lurker Troll Extraordinaire C3C ISDG Final | V Gran Huevote Team Latin Lover | Webmaster Master Zen Online | CivELO (3°)

Comment

• 11 GL is my record also MZ. Ironicly, it was playing as the French as well.... (huge/Pangea/16 Civs/Regent/Domination victory)
              Founder of The Glory of War, CHAMPIONS OF APOLYTON!!!
              1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

• wow, with some similar settings!

mine was huge/Continents/16 civs/Emperor/UN Victory

I wasn't practiced on leader farming techniques back then like I am now. So you can say those 11 were pure luck and not provoked. I have never gotten that many, mostly beacause I still don't really do leader farming unless absolutely necessary and play on standard maps.

Btw, I played Civ3 1.29, it was much easier to get them before PTW.
                A true ally stabs you in the front.

Secretary General of the U.N. & IV Emperor of the Glory of War PTWDG | VIII Consul of Apolyton PTW ISDG | GoWman in Stormia CIVDG | Lurker Troll Extraordinaire C3C ISDG Final | V Gran Huevote Team Latin Lover | Webmaster Master Zen Online | CivELO (3°)

Comment

• My record, as far as I can remember, with pre-blitz units (no tanks/modern armor), is 14 leaders.

Standard, Continents, 8 civs, Monarch, played as Carthage.

That game was simply insane. I got some of the best luck I've ever seen. However, the last 5-6 were generated by Cavalry late in the game, when it no longer mattered.

EDIT: I should remember that game... it was posted in THIS THREAD, back on page 2, I think.

-Arrian

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

• Not sure of the exact number, but the most Leaders I ever got was playing the "Communism" AU as Germany. Panzers are aptly defined as Leader-generating machines. I think I got 3 or 4 in a single turn toward the end of that game.

Dominae
                    And her eyes have all the seeming of a demon's that is dreaming...

Comment

• Which is the reason I don't bother to count once blitz units come around. Panzers & MA are just ridiculously good at leader generation.

-Arrian

Comment

• Originally posted by Arrian
                        Which is the reason I don't bother to count once blitz units come around. Panzers & MA are just ridiculously good at leader generation.
                        Oh, I'm SORRY! for even mentioning it then!!

Dominae
                        And her eyes have all the seeming of a demon's that is dreaming...

Comment

• I guess my last post came out all wrong, didn't it?

Sorry. I didn't mean it that way.

-Arrian

Comment

• One more page give me a answer what is reloading ?

Comment

• Originally posted by fanes7
                              One more page give me a answer what is reloading ?
                              Reloading is playing the same combat repeatitively until you get good results. It's considered as cheating. So basically, you save before each battle and load if you lost. Definetly not a good thing to do!
                              Get your science News at Konquest Online!

Comment

• Originally posted by fanes7
                                One more page give me a answer what is reloading ?
                                Using the load to play a turn or an action again. This could be done even if you won the battle, if you did not get a promotion. It could be done to alter the goody hut results and other things. It is hard to do if you have retained the RNG, but not impossible.
                                So we were wondering if that is the method you used to ensure the generation of leaders in a timely fashion?
                                We are asking becasue we are unable to fathom any legit method for accomplishing it. Of course that does not mean there is none, but given that none was presented, what can one do?

Comment

Working...
                                X