• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ChrisiusMaximus
    WHAT!!!

What happened ???

Are you playing regicide ? What!!

Or have youi decided to quit this story ? if so then thats a shame, and I hope it was'nt due to my criticism's.

Your story here was very well written and you have a flair for descriptive writing that few here could match if they tried, but the comments I raised were to my mind fair points, Im sorry if I have caused you to do this !!

My thoughts were offered in the spirit of honest feedback,something which most writers ask for. If you would prefer me not to comment then please tell me and Ill refrain, rather that than see you stop writing.

Again sorry if Ive caused you to quit this at all.
    Well..to tell yut the truth, writing IS a secret passion of mine

I love to express myself in writing and yes this in my meager mind is an excellent avenue.

However, I would rewrite the 900 days and try to put more detail into it

BUT..I believe in my heart I could contribute MORE and have MORE action that perhaps is desired here with a smaller maps..say the Huge map with maybe 8 ai's and have all the fun in creative writings....while still keeping it lively!

Like stated when I first started out, I do welcome and need input and yes I do welcome your advice

I just wanna do many more stories and not have say people see me starting a story and say.."Damn..one of HIS spinning wheels stories!!"

Actually, wasnt it you whom advised me to cut and paste from a saved story so i could make less grammatical errors? Yup..that was an excellent idea and still need some work but that helped me!!

I also, doing that, use the word count so as having a longer post rather than a shorter post..I believe I was around 400 words and then doubled by takling someones advice

I guess i could continue..but...having met just the two civs..the war will be drawn out and then many more chapters drwan out...

I kept the characters to a minimal..3, me, Queen Lindonia and Markus Maximus Trollius my son, to not confuse too many and was going to have my storyline branch off later..as I was just into, I believ 1/5 of the turns amount..

Drats..on the turns amount..I loved CTP (Call To Power) where i slowed down and would play like 5000+ turns in agame..all tech advances discovered and then 4000+ turns of battle mayhem and expansion!!

Ok..heres the deal..keep the advice/critiquing/criticisms/input headed my way..give me a day or so..I'll do a much better job on next story..who knows..my story..my line..maybe.. maybe I just had a dream..yes.maybe I am now awkening to Grand Overlords new world

Ill ponder what next to do..just I know 326 X 326 is a bit too big for a story..

Thanks and please no offense taken.. (j/k!!)

Ill let you know...what is happening.....soon....

Peace

Gramps
    Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

Ok thanks for the response, yes huge maps are tricky to write a story about though some have been done and done well.

As I said you certainly have a flair for descriptive writing and you confidently use an impressive array of words, so peace to you too and keep writing
      A proud member of the "Apolyton Story Writers Guild".There are many great stories at the Civ 3 stories forum, do yourself a favour and visit the forum. Lose yourself in one of many epic tales and be inspired to write yourself, as I was.

Comment

I am awakened by my sweet wife..nudging me..shoving me...hollering to wake up!!

"Huh" I ask...what's..I was dead..my Kingdom slaughtered by Theodora..I..I..

"For Petes Sake..get up..you were having a dream..you had a fever..been out of it for days..time to get to work on our new Kingdom.." she hugs me and reassures me..

"It seems as though I had a preminission of what was to come..or did I..at any rate..I will build my Kingdom strong this I know.." as I ponder what to do with my Kingdom..
        Attached Files

Comment

Nice. Good to see you continue.
          XBox Live: VovanSim
          xbox.com (login required)
          Halo 3 Service Record (I fail at FPS...)
          Spore page

Comment

Now that I, Grand Overlord Grandpa Troll, have awaken from my near death experience and found indeed not deceased from a BROKEN-HEART! of all things, I am attending to our future!

Well, first things first. My council!

“Queen Lindonia!” I scramble about seeking my sweethearts beauty to cast my heart upon.

“”In here Grand Overlord” she calls from Kermunion Hall. Kermonion Hall, yes all my tools in forms of the Mighty Trollesque Scrolls, will be released from within the sanctity of this hallowed place.

“I want all my leaders here, I must at once decide what we will do! I must give marching orders to my legions that soon shall arise!” Command I to my Queen.

She releases a Marleandrua, our carrier pigeon. This is impervious to almost all forms of treachery and trickery. I say almost, for many years before a traitor entered in and reported our plan, that is why I am here now, rebuilding what my great Uncle Timidius Trollius failed to accomplish, Victory! The Traitor it seems, assimilated as our Marleandrua and caught all of our ancestors by surprise. But we took care of that by clipping wompus tips from the underneath of the wings, this is the only soft region a predator could possibly enter into. We hope that is. I feel as though the good of the reporting will certainly outweigh the downside of the trickery one could try.

Clearing my throat, I beckon my leaders in.

“Sit and listen all” I seat myself in the Coventry Crested Throne. “I want to build up a mighty force. We have two neighbors now, Spain and Rome, both are close and not nearly a fortnight to their ends of the far reaches of this place they call home! General Pritchard, Colonel Frost and Lt. Grainger you have all proven your worth. I want to start an army. We have a good lead and I want to focus and attack them before they get too big! We have settled an outpost on the far side of Spain. My Son, Markus Maximus Trollius will start an aggressive encampment establishment, and supply spearmen. Soon, we will start advancing forward with our armies. We have a lot of roadways already now being built.” I lean forward and sternly focus upon the only light entering the room, through a small portal covered in fabric from afar.” We cannot wait for the future; it may not arrive in time. I have felt my heart heavy and now fully recovered from my deathbed, I know that time is not yet ours to ponder, nor to hold, not even to trust.”

“Go, assemble and train your troops!” I bellow.

“Ready your armies and prepare to attack in the next moons fullness!” I command thee.

As my leaders go, I turn to my Queen standing in my private exit that she alone has permission to come and go through. “My dearest Grand Overlord” she smiles sweetly, continuing, “ I have some good news from our son, he has already assembled some troops, 4 legions have defended his first encampment and scouts seek the boundaries. He tells of some Spanish Scouts scurrying about, but fears not and yet willingly allows them free go and travel. He knows that time is near, and when his mighty King, his Father, his commander, speaks, he will obey!”

“It is true my Queen” answer I in a low barely audible tone, “ Treachery will be our Gauntlet as I will first conqueror this land, a mighty land it is, these Romans even now are crowding our workers, but this will make it easier to overtake their settlements. I swear to thee Queen; you will soon rule this land when I take leave to start foreign Crusades.”

I contemplate what lies ahead to myself “For now, my only goal is to destroy this Roman group of whores then the pitiful Spanish will feel my wrath. I know it will be in their heart to help the Romans, but too bad as our Son attacks from their rear!”

I step out into the evening dusk, listening to the stillness and watching the sunset, knowing soon, when the moon is fullest, blood will paint this sky and thunder will drum loudly from under our feet. I will lead our people back to Victory, Time will honor the Trollians, and Time will learn that all evolves around Trolls. Time and Time alone will see what our enemies will not; we will lead the new eras to come.

I think to myself as I turn in for the evening, I surely pity what soon I will release upon this land, hordes of warmongering Bloodthirsty troops. I will be leading and avenging ancestors past and lineage of the unknown future.

Comment

Let the blood flow!
              XBox Live: VovanSim
              xbox.com (login required)
              Halo 3 Service Record (I fail at FPS...)
              Spore page

Comment

Good to see you continue , smaller map ?
                A proud member of the "Apolyton Story Writers Guild".There are many great stories at the Civ 3 stories forum, do yourself a favour and visit the forum. Lose yourself in one of many epic tales and be inspired to write yourself, as I was.

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisiusMaximus
                  Good to see you continue , smaller map ?
                  Yeah.Huge map..standard issue from CIVIIIConquests size though..and yeah I met two opponents right off..which..i um..have "Plans" as I have them both hemmed in, drove me a wedge between them...well..Read what happens in next installment.. sad..they could have been a contender..

At any rate, first story and have learned much sooo..will play some tonight and then post afterwards
                  Peace

Gramps

Comment

Yes there I Grand Overlord of Trolldom was about to embark on Rome when Neapolis oder me withdraw. I shall show what I did, as a pleasant alternative instead!
                    Attached Files

Comment

I received an ultimatum: Remove our troops or perish. OR PERISH! I will show them!

The Roman Potpourri smokes and stinks and now the stench of death has hung over the southern Roman Province as I am attacking all settlements!

Neapolis was the first battle and battle it was, I lost 4 legions of Javelins Throwers and Swordsmen but now Neapolis answers to Grand Overlord Grandpa Troll!

Mine! Victory is Mine!

I overtook their Garrison and the Battle for Byzantine is harsh but soon will be mine as I am cutting off any supply routes and fear is plaguing remaining garrisons!

I lost many brave souls and yes will soon have another port city!

The Roman Capitol is tough and fiercely defended!

Small bands of vigilante terrorists have taken to the streets and willingly thrown themselves on the steel blades of my Swordsmen and now my Medevial Infantry summons up additional reinforcements. We need more troops and yes more troops will be committed.

I am fortifying my rear flanks and then news of Persia. Persia, they seem to belong to a long nose club. They keep sticking their noses into my affairs.

Alas, I will find the strength to one day combat that inferior nation!

For now, I must reinforce and take Roman Empires Southern Settlements!

I am having famine attacking some of my wooded settlements. Strange that pestilence would have such an effect but dispatching of some expert woodcutters seems to slow the effects of this Ill-bred sickness from spreading!

I hear tell of some wild horses we are close to corralling! My scribes tell me that once controlled and caught we can perhaps use them to expedite attack forces, Horseback! Yes that will do excellent! I order my provincial governor to add workers to see to this at once. At Once I say! Time has paused and time we shall also corral, opening a portal and jamming with the souls of these Romans!

I send an urgent message to my son, Markus Maximus Trollius.

“Dear Son, Commander of my Rear Guard. Take heed and show humbleness in the company of Persia. Offer what you deem necessary to dispel any ill thoughts they may take of you. We are enjoying a True Trollianesque Battleground here, Sergeant at Arms Harvey Fendertol of IV Corps Purple Brigade was taken out in a battle at Mountain Pass Salerno, near the Battle for Byzantine. He was my personal bodyguard and will be missed. I am dispatching troops to cut of any supply routes to the southern settlements of Rome. I will trust you to hold on and at the appointed moment we will swing and yield an exe attack toward the Spanish. Once we have Rome where we want, that is after taking out the Capitol and then Byzantine, I will focus my forces toward you and the southern regions of Spain.

See if it is good and you can also secure a port city. Build a settlement if not scout and report which we should take. I trust your judgment and have no doubt your sacrificial efforts will be used as deemed necessary to give all Trolldom Victory!”

Until next we converse,

Grand Overlord Troll, you Loving Father.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Grand Overlord of Trolldom has been shown the weakness of these pitiful Romans! My legions thirsts yet are not quenched for blood. They taste but yet are hungered for more meat from the small frames of these infidel soldiers!

“Why must you tempt me, have I not the power to wipe you from existence?” Shout I from high on the hill? Signaling my Swordsmen, they wipe out the last remnant and watch as Byzantium is destroyed. This once proud port city now lies in its harbor to return no more. Ships wreckage and docks that once brought food and other good from the sea will now offer itself as food to the sea predators and bottom feeders.

“Are you not dogs that lick my boots and eat scraps yet not offered but intended for your kind?” mockingly I taunt.

“Shall I not show you?” pausing, lifting my fingers to my flagman whom sends forth a signal to have my 10th Battalion of Infantry. As they ready at the arms, my Javelin Thrower launch forth as my arms bearer see the signal of billowing smoke, for Rome now is seeing a Trollian Flag raised, in its now former Capitol! People flee but are met but my thirsty troops! Bowing down expecting mercy they instead receive a reprieve, from a bitter existence of life as a slave and get instead a release into an after life, as Death drapes its cape broadly and silently, muffling cries and lamenting of widows, children and the injured men who staunchly once defended and supported ideals that are gone down as Histories mistakes!

Many Legions attack and surround my forces, yet this very infrastructure of roadways that once offered good and luxuries a simple economic way to be transported, now shuttles the ides of war, the death mongers whom bring pain and destruction! Blood spews from valuable resources of man and material, laid to waste under Trollian Terror Attacks! In the year 1090 ad a much bigger port city, walled but ineptly defended, Ravenna, falls under relentless attack! Roman Senior Guards, moneychangers and teen boys all fall to their knees, as mothers again plead. Plead with me through my troops. So sad that this could have been avoided, if they had only gone another path. Not one of my commanders looked or blinked as orders that are standing, not to be diverted from, are mercilessly carried out to the end. No quarters, no prisoners, no slaves no whores! All of Roman Citizenry is whores I say. Send them on to a better life.

My troops know what lies ahead. A showdown. For in greatness of battle lies an enemy whom studies and prepares! Time that is not your friend is in bed with the enemy. While you battle time allows your enemy to wait and grow strong. No matter say I, a rolling stone grows no moss.

“Great Grand Overlord” shouts a messenger from my sweetheart Queen Lindonia.

“I bear great tidings sire” bows Trenton Overbrook as he bows, extending his hand with a scroll wrapped in a pink bow, amusingly sent by my loving wife. This actual pink bow was shown first to me that warm evening before I departed. It was attached to her intimate attire, which bared not much resistance when I met her in my chambers. It was her way of saying come hither my King!

I open the scroll, for this was important enough for her to send Trenton Overbrook.

“Yes!” I clench my fist skyward. The news is beyond description. My Kingdom has now a great academy called Knights Templar, which trains my very own Crusaders. It will take 5 days to train one properly but then once a week I can get one outfitted and trained.

I turn my passion to contempt once again and by the time a weeks passing comes I send a dispatch to have my first crusader meet us at the clearing, 1000 meters from Hispalis. I send my Crusader forth and he wipes out the defenses at Hispalis.

Now we must work on making gold for our Kingdom.

I send forth a dispatch to see what is happening to my Son. The dispatch rider meets us as we break camp 2 weeks later, with this message:

“Father, oh Great Grand Overlord, Persia is indeed pressing, but for now, we are handling. Spain seems contented to not attack or display offensive gestures!” is the message that my son, Markus Maximus Trollius sent to me.

For now, continue to wipe out Rome’s remnants and then , Persia may have to pay the price for pressing my son, an overtly outrageous act, for if they were to press me that way, one thing that would be, but insulting me by going through my son, that is the way of a bastard son would do from a country whore! I have dealt orders to my son to hang in their not to war, but that may have to be rescinded and a new order set: Persia will perish!

For now, replenish my marketplaces and restock my granaries!

Grand Overlord Grandpa Troll
                        Attached Files

Comment

Roman Capitol, No More!
                          Attached Files

Comment

Port City of Ravenna, nice future trade center!
                            Attached Files

Comment

and Hispalis, soon to reclaim my goods!
                              Attached Files

Comment

My first War Hero..General Pattonius..destined to be a legend throughout all the ages I believe..leads Trollians to Victory at Antium

All Hail Our Victorious Troops!
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X