Roleplay Team

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• As for Assassinations...

It has been discussed since this team was formed whether we should let members OTHER THAN THE SUPREME LEADER assasinate each other.

I think it should be possible, but exceedingly difficult not only to do, but quite impossible to get away with. Essentially, even if you succeed in assasinating another character, the Supreme Leader WILL find out about it and can decide whether to have you punished for it (a decision entirely up to the whim of the Supreme Leader while under Despotism).

I just would rather make it very difficult for people to successfully assasinate one another. Otherwise, it's likely to get out of hand. An excuse could be expense... that an assasin costs money and you can only afford so much at any given time... as such, you can only even ATTEMPT to assasinate one character every few weeks (perhaps even a month). Even then, the chances of success should be low. Furthermore, assasinating a minister or someone else who is selected as "close confidant" of the Supreme Leader should be a great deal more difficult to assasinate because he has the benefit of the Supreme Leader's protection (and thus SMART would-be assasins will shy away from the job, not to mention the additional security).

We could use some additional discussion on this issue.
    Long-time poster on Apolyton and WePlayCiv
    Consul of Apolyton from the 1st Civ3 Inter-Site Democracy Game (ISDG)
    7th President of Apolyton in the 1st Civ3 Democracy Game

Comment

• We ask Markos to tell a figure between 1 & 6
      More seriously, you could ask someone from outside the team a random number, without letting him know what it's about...
      "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
      "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
      "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

• Originally posted by GeneralTacticus
        How exactly would we organise a 'die-roll'?
        Good question. We'd likely have to use someone willing to pledge on his honor that he's actually fairly rolling the results (using either a physical 'die' or a random number generator).

Such a role would obviously be entirely OUTSIDE the role-play elements of the game and would have to be entrusted to someone who would not cheat on his own character's behalf or that of other characters.

It's also possible to get one of those IRC chatroom bots that's a random number generator. Then you can at least 2 (or 3) people selected for this role meet together in IRC to "roll" the "die" and jointly observe the results - so that they can verify that the other one(s) aren't lying.

Comment

• I'd prefer the second option, as there'd be no way to verify the results with the first.

Comment

• Markos is now creating civ groups with team icons and names. His requirements are that we need:

1. A leader
            2. An icon
            3. A name

And that all three be STABLE through gamestart so he doesn't have to re-do the work.

We already have the leader part covered, it's Togas.

As for the rest, I move for the following:

1. That our icon be the elephant icon proposed by astrologix (if we are Carthage). We need an icon for if we are Spain. I'm not sure if Markos will go ahead and give us our civ group until we've gotten our icon FINALIZED, so perhaps this means we can't get it until we have our civ FINALIZED However, it may be possible to work something out with Markos on this???

2. That our "name", for Apolyton board purposes, be the "Role-Play Team". This removes confusion about why we exist and encourages those who would enjoy being on a team dedicated to internal role-play to join our team. By contrast, a team named "Carthage" on the Apolyton Boards would be attractive to the perhaps different set of people who would like to play the Carthaginian civilization (same goes if we're Spain).

-------------------

If we can finalize both our name and our icon, we get our civ group (after which should hopefully follow our private forum).

Comment

• Using the $mini-game still seems a great idea to me. I know the Civ3DG $mini-game is quite complicated, but we could make a more simple version. Positive sides of the game are:

- People with more money and land become more powerful, like in real life
              - Character roleplay will be better
              - Lots more positive sides (just can't think of them right now )
              Civ3 PtW Democracy Game info: (links work only for Roleplay-team members)
              Floris Petro Rulio Olstorne, member of the Roleplay-team, Owner of the tavern Iberian Delight, Pro 1 Activist {Click here}.

Comment

• The main problem with the mini-game isn't so much how complicated it is as how much its complexity makes it time-consuming and frightens away potential players.

Comment

• Arnelos, i fully agree with you : mini-game
                  Hosting and playing the Civ4BtS APT
                  Ex-Organizador y jugador de Civ4BtS Progressive Games

Comment

• Originally posted by MarkG
                    as soon as each leader confirms the name of each team in this thread, i'll create the group
                    i can live without having icons, but i'd like at least he name and leader to be finalized

thanks
                    WOOHOO!!!

Togas, if you're cool with our name being "Role-Play Team" for Apolyton board and civ group purposes, please let MarkG know that ASAP

Comment

• The Builders' Team has chosen Carthage as their first choice and Egypt as their second.

This means we have to rock-paper-scissors (or rock-papyrus-flint ) them for Carthage

I recommend that whoever (I'm guessing Togas) does the RPS decision(s) on our behalf use a random number generator so that our decision is impossible to second-guess.

We also need to find a neutral mediating party (who is NOT on another team - that wouldn't be neutral ) to receive the two choices via PMs and publicly post them and which one wins.

Comment

• FYI, I'm working on an icon in the case of our civ would be the Spanish....
                        Hosting and playing the Civ4BtS APT
                        Ex-Organizador y jugador de Civ4BtS Progressive Games

Comment

• Originally posted by Arnelos
                          The Builders' Team has chosen Carthage as their first choice and Egypt as their second.

This means we have to rock-paper-scissors (or rock-papyrus-flint ) them for Carthage

I recommend that whoever (I'm guessing Togas) does the RPS decision(s) on our behalf use a random number generator so that our decision is impossible to second-guess.

We also need to find a neutral mediating party (who is NOT on another team - that wouldn't be neutral ) to receive the two choices via PMs and publicly post them and which one wins.
                          Hey,

if anything, I would think I had proven my ability to be neutral...I would happily manage the RPS contest.

What happens if THREE teams choose Carthage, though?
                          One who has a surplus of the unorthodox shall attain surpassing victories. - Sun Pin
                          You're wierd. - Krill

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Comment

• I'm posting now, briefly, but I will return tonight to get some more work done. Today is a holiday and I'll be away from my computer.

I'll inform Markos that our official team name will be "The Roleplay Team"

I will act as our official leader.

Our symbol with either be the elephant or, perhaps, a Conquisador helmet ... but I've yet to test play Spain. I'd like to request that some of our active members try out Spain and post if you feel it would be a beneficial civ to play. Roleplay-wise, I love it. Game wise, we might get soundly beaten very quickly.

Aggie from the Demo game wrote me back. I was trying to convince him to join our team. He opted for the warmongers instead feeling that he's rather "for this first game just stick with an easy concept -- attack, attack, attack." I, for one, am hoping that our multiplayer game doesn't devolve into a big war game. I'm hoping we get the chance to act more civilizaed.

If Spain does not suit us, of if we feel too uneasy about playing it, I move that we play either Persia, Rome, Greece, in that order.

Jobs I intend to create during my long and glorious reign as Despot of our nation:

High Priest -- Advises on research, culture, etc. Looks out for the good of the nation, keeps us in favor of our deity (until we learn Poly and have to manage several deities). Excellent roleplay options.

Most Trusted Advisor (name may change) -- 2nd in command, most powerful person in the nation other than myself. His advise on any issue will be especially valued. He will take over management of the nation should I be occupied in a battle, away visiting the site of a new palace, or busy with one of my many wives. He will also advise me on matters of treason and recommend people to be killed. This position will be given to my most trusted and respected tribe member (ideally).

Cheif Warrior -- leader of our forces when I cannot personally lead them on the field of battle. I will also send him off to search the lands for new sites for cities for our nation. This job will go to our finest warrior family.

Governor -- EVERY city will be appointed a governor. The greatest city to the greatest noble.

Slave master -- will direct the movement of our workers and slaves.

Cheif Architect -- will oversee all construction in our nation and be able to overrule the governors about what projects to build. Will oversee the construction of Great Wonders and will build me the finest palace in the world.

Other jobs and titles may be given out as the need arises.

Other thoughts: I feel the mini-game, while fun, would be too complex for us to manage in addition to this game and or other game comittments. I would not object to it happening, but since I wouldn't have the time to really participate, I would rather we not do it.

As for players killing each other, it might get out of hand and might turn us against each other and make people less willing to play. I propose that only the Despot can be killed, however, he could kill seditioius or traitorous members who would then be unable to "coup" for a week. Once a "coup" poll is created, however, he cannot kill the one who founded the coup until it is resolved.

Will post more later.

--Togas
                            Greatest Moments in ISDG chat:"(12/02/2003) <notyoueither> the moon is blue. hell is cold. quote me, but i agree with ET. "
                            Member of the Mercenary Team in the Civ 4 Team Democracy Game.
                            Former Consul for the Apolyton C3C Intersite Tournament Team.
                            Heir to the lost throne of Spain of the Roleplay Team in the PTW Democracy Multiplayer Team Game.

Comment

• So it is written, so it is done.
                              Note: the Law Offices of jdjdjd are temporarily closed.
                              "Next time I say something like 'lets go to Bolivia', lets go to Bolivia"

Comment

• How do we go about choosing individuals for these posts?

I'd like to suggest that instead of saying 'Most Trusted Advisor', we simply use 'Grand Vizier'.
                                Empire growing,
                                Pleasures flowing,
                                Fortune smiles and so should you.

Comment

Working...
                                X