No announcement yet.

Spite and Malice....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This is where we need the international court.
    Not a UN .. but a Poly member who has no ties with any team....Perhaps Trip ??

Each team presents their case to the court, and a decision is made.
    Just like the old SPDG court.

And the effects of the decision... absolutely nothing
    No penalties, reimbursment or stupid UN resolutions.

Just settlement of an argument

I would really like to know if a reasonably person would consider GS actions as hostile, and a break of the NAP they signed with GoW.

Also, if RP had the right to expect an implied NAP when they signed the MPP with GoW.

These two issues are the largest and most argued points IMO. And it will give our writers something more interesting to do, other than flame each other to death.

(Although thats fun to read as well )
    "No Comment"

Comment

• Hey, Beta

I see you're watching this thread. Can you re-authorize me and OPD for the ISDG, please?
      One who has a surplus of the unorthodox shall attain surpassing victories. - Sun Pin
      You're wierd. - Krill

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Comment

• Originally posted by BigFree
        If only panag were here to report this thread....
        No! Not that!

Comment

• I made two long posts in response to the first two pages of this thread and to shed some light on GoW's perspective on some things regarding diplomacy with the other teams, and our feelings towards others. There were no flames or insults in those two posts just responses to people and mostly trying to put a GoW perspective on things being that I was the CoFA during this whole bloody mess. Re-read them if you please.

Then someone said that was all a pile of BS.

Tell me, in all honestly, who starts the flaming here? If hearing GoW's perspective on things is by nature a "flame" to some of you, then I'm sorry to see that other points of view are taken as insults. We stand by what we believe. I'm sure RP and GS also belive in their own righteousness in this great crusade. What strikes me as unfair is that whenever a GoWer states his arguments it is implicitly taken as offensive and insulting. We truly believe GS betrayed us, is that so hard to understand to you people at all? Is the thought of somebody else feeling betrayed by GS unsettling?

So, to make a long story short, where is the insult and where is the flame in what we've written? If GoW's viewpoint infuriates people so much, well, this is simply because GoW and GS or RP are simply incompatible teams, with different ideologies and different ways to win. If you look at RL, perhaps know you will understand why some people feel infuriated at Bush's claims of "liberating the iraqui people" since they believe that to be hogwash wheras many Americans truthfuly believe it. On the other hand, you have Americans infuriated at the French or Germans for theire distinct way of trying to make this a better world. So, it all ends up as people getting pissed at others because they cling on to a truth that is opposite from theirs.

So, again, where are the insults in GoW's statements? Why isn't GoW getting pissed at all the BS that's been handed down our throats. We have been called cowards by nye, Arnelos, BigFree, etc. We have been called ND's b*tches in person in the chat room by Togas. We have been told that GoW has no balls by some of those same people. Yet now we open our mouths and are treated like the worst social scum in existence. Talk about double standards.

A true ally stabs you in the front.

Secretary General of the U.N. & IV Emperor of the Glory of War PTWDG | VIII Consul of Apolyton PTW ISDG | GoWman in Stormia CIVDG | Lurker Troll Extraordinaire C3C ISDG Final | V Gran Huevote Team Latin Lover | Webmaster Master Zen Online | CivELO (3°)

Comment

• Originally posted by Hot_Enamel
            This is where we need the international court.
            Not a UN .. but a Poly member who has no ties with any team....Perhaps Trip ??

Each team presents their case to the court, and a decision is made.
            Just like the old SPDG court.

And the effects of the decision... absolutely nothing
            No penalties, reimbursment or stupid UN resolutions.

Just settlement of an argument
            Somehow, I don't think one outsider's point of view would settle the argument
            badams

Comment

• Originally posted by Master Zen
              We have been called ND's b*tches in person in the chat room by Togas.
              But that's TRUE!

Not that there's anything wrong with that, mind you...
              Long-time poster on Apolyton and WePlayCiv
              Consul of Apolyton from the 1st Civ3 Inter-Site Democracy Game (ISDG)
              7th President of Apolyton in the 1st Civ3 Democracy Game

Comment

• But that's TRUE!
                No it is not. They are partners.
                They had their reasons to act like they did and you know it!
                Member of the Apolyton C3C DG-Team

Comment

• Originally posted by UnOrthOdOx
                  Hey, Beta

I see you're watching this thread. Can you re-authorize me and OPD for the ISDG, please?
                  Ok no problem.

Where did you guys go? To the powder room together like two women at a party?
                  Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war .... aw, forget that nonsense. Beer, please.

Comment

• If my non-flaming posts caused MZ (Mr. "I don't hold any grudges" himself), to rant for nearly an entire page worth of this thread, obviously I struck a nerve

As for us telling you we were as intent on GS not winning the game as you when in negotiations with you, I honestly can't believe you fell for that. I can only assume this must be an attempt at propaganda which won't work.

If, by some miracle, you actually DID fall for that, it only serves to proove point #1: GoW believe that teams on their sh*tlist are hated by all other teams as much as GoW.

Right about now, RP is entirely fine with ANYONE winning the game as long as it's not GoW or ND

Comment

• Originally posted by Darekill

No it is not. They are partners.
                      They had their reasons to act like they did and you know it!
                      Ah... sweet pillow talk from Darekill.

It's ok, really... we certainly are not in an entirely equal relationship with GS either... I guess the distinction is that we know that.

Comment

• Can't help it but I think spain is not much more than a Puppet now. Beeing played by the big Pupeteer over there in Estonia. But well, I guessyou tell yourself better that then dead.
                        Member of the Apolyton C3C DG-Team

Comment

• This is all rather silly. It's a 2 on 2 war. Of course each side is coordinating their moves.

Oh, and Darekill - you may call our continent whatever you wish. So long as the blue banner of the Storm flies over its cities, however, your alternate names for Stormia will have little credibility.

-Arrian
                          grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

• Originally posted by Arrian
                            Oh, and Darekill - you may call our continent whatever you wish. So long as the blue banner of the Storm flies over its cities, however, your alternate names for Stormia will have little credibility.

-Arrian
                            Maybe he was just thinking long term.
                            Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war .... aw, forget that nonsense. Beer, please.

Comment

• Jesus, will people relax a friggin' bit??!!!

MZ, I respect your views and approach. I completely understand that your beefs are in-game.

To everyone else, I understand that some have been pissed off or offended.

Can everyone just give it a rest please?
                              The greatest delight for man is to inflict defeat on his enemies, to drive them before him, to see those dear to them with their faces bathed in tears, to bestride their horses, to crush in his arms their daughters and wives.

Duas uncias in puncta mortalis est.

Comment

• Originally posted by Theseus
                                Jesus, will people relax a friggin' bit??!!!

MZ, I respect your views and approach. I completely understand that your beefs are in-game.

To everyone else, I understand that some have been pissed off or offended.

Can everyone just give it a rest please?
                                Amen to that.

Comment

Working...
                                X