No announcement yet.

Civ3 EXPANSION PACK!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not for nothing this company is trying to make everyone happy at the same time , meet deadlines, monetary limits, and keep the game simple enough so new players wont be frazzled ( Adding more players into the pool will make them more money , and in turn they will spend more money on production).

I think just by seeing how people react to ideas on this board ( this isnt an insult) , everyone has his/her own opinion. I like the idea of a more involved UN some people dont. The holler from many of us is make it an option! What would the opening screen look like if every player got their wish , but it was always an option? So many of the arguments against the game are valid , many are just upset players that cant do what THEY want.

On the other hand the original game before patches had some unacceptable glithces that should have been noticed. My game would freeze for small stupid reasons, those should not be , Fixaris employs people who their only job is , is to play their games looking for bugs.

Comment

I hope that they eventually convert the Test of Time scenarios to the Civ3 format.

Comment

Grrrrreaaaaaaat!

I'll buy it of course, but then I'm nowhere near my last dollar. I don't blame anyone for waiting though and seeing if it works well before they take the plunge. I was a starving student once, I understand their position.

I wonder how the editor fits into the puzzle?
        (\__/)
        (='.'=)
        (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

I'll wait to see how the XP plays... there's not much more that I can do, because the XP will take some time to come around here where I live... But I'll have the benefit of being able to see the initial reaction, and this may save me some money...
          I watched you fall. I think I pushed.

Comment

I hope no Firaxian reads this, but I don't care how much the XP costs. I, for one, will be running out the door to buy it. v1.21f was awesome, I can wholeheartedly recommend this game now. And now we've got 8 new civs, scenario editors and online gameplay - I better get that broadband connection fast. oh.....yeah!

Comment

GREAT! {facetiousness is very heavy here}

I've ALWAYS wanted to pay TWICE for the same game I was promised in the first place!

Nobody gives a damn about promises kept, only PROFIT PROFIT PROFIT!

I WILL NOT 'BUY' THE EXPANSION, EVER!

Comment

Originally posted by TechWins
                Firaxis has every right to put a price on MP, because as mentioned before, Firaxis let it be known that MP would not be included with the original game.
                But, they never said the would CHARGE for the addition of the MP ability; they only said it wouldn't be included in the 'initial' release. I can understand some taking this to mean it would be 'patched' in at a later date rather than available for purchase.

In the begining, Firaxis intended MP to be shipped in the initial release. This changed, fine, but they should have been absolotely clear that you would have to pay for MP at a later date date, which they were not.

Comment

/me tries to remember the last time in gaming history a patch added multiplayer abilities
                  Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
                  Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
                  giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

I noticed the statement used the phrase new single and multi-player scenarios. That seems to presuppose the existence of old scenarios [/end of cheap shot]

Nothing about any form of scenario editor though?

Comment

that's really cheap ravagon we're talking about a gamespot news article referring to an unknown statement by infogrames.
                      Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
                      Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
                      giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

Originally posted by bigfree1
                        GREAT! {facetiousness is very heavy here}

I've ALWAYS wanted to pay TWICE for the same game I was promised in the first place!

Nobody gives a damn about promises kept, only PROFIT PROFIT PROFIT!

I WILL NOT 'BUY' THE EXPANSION, EVER!
                        When you say 'buy', its in quotation marks, which I find to be quite curious. Something tells me that you didn't "buy" the game in the first place. My guess is piracy.

The rest of your post(s) I won't bother responding to other than by saying:

1. Civ1 and 2 mp and a couple other expansions were released long after the original games. SMAX was an expansion. Suprised about a Civ3 XP? For sale? Shocking, just shocking that firaxis would release an xp and have the nerve to sell it.

2. Firaxis is a business. They should be allowed to make business decisions on their own. Just as you have the right not to purchase it if you don't wanto. If they discovered that the cost of making MP was too great to include in the initial release or a patch, should they suck it up and possibly go bankrupt? What would you do if this was your business? Let it go belly up because of a statement misconstrued by a few customers?

I plan on buying the xp. sounds great. new civs added. mp, which Iwill probably try once. sounds good. hopefully new editor functionality. Great. I would pay 30 bucks for that.

Comment

I know I know. Just had to get that in somehow. Sorry Markos.

I didn't realize that this wasn't an official announcement though ...

Comment

How can they mess this up?

Comment

Mmm, I'll wait for the price to drop and see the reaction from the Civ3 scen community.
                              With Hearts of Iron and Crusader Kings (probably) coming out in Dec, about when this'll comes out, Paradox will get my money first. If the scenario support is good, then maybe I'll look into the XP.
                              A proud citizen of the only convicted terrorist harboring nation!

.13 posts per day, and proud of it!

Comment

I wonder if the scenarios will be of Firaxis design or if it will be like Civ2 Gold in that it will be scenarios from here and other sites.

I for one could not care less about MP. I played only 1 MP Civ 2 game - it was fun - but only 1 game compared to the thousands of SP games.

I hope they include better terrain customization. Maybe a MiniMap in the editor???

Oh yeah I can't wait!
                                Get 84 Resources, 96 Resources, or the NEW 153 Resources! Get Rockier Bonus Grassland versions1.0 or 2.0! Get My Mix of Snoopy and Womocks early terrain! Get Varied Goody Huts!
                                Upcoming Mods - Optimator (with over 1000 new units!!!) & Godzilla, Revenge of the Kaiju!
                                I am in dire need of new dino and Kaiju units!

Comment

Working...
                                X