Clear All

• World War II in Europe - tracker thread

The game setup information is here.

Players:
    • adamsaka- England
    • adamsaka - France
    • Stalin (adamsaka) - USSR
    • Modo - Germany
    • Paddy the Scot - Spain (replaced StrictlyRockers, who disappeared without a word)
    • Soltz - Italy

Let's get it on.

EDIT: Added turn order information.

ANOTHER EDIT: Looong overdue -- most recent player changes.
    Last edited by Modo44; February 12, 2006, 11:02.
    Seriously. Kung freaking fu.

England -
    Killed 3 german subs, 2 with destroyers, 1 with a sub
    lost 1 DD to a german sub

Not having units that can see subs is.... bad.
    If you're interested in participating in the first Civ 5 Community Game then please visit: http://www.weplayciv.com/forums/forum.php

Comment

Originally posted by GodKing
      There is supposedly a tech that allows building units, that can see Subs. At least that's what the scenario description says. Playing Germany, I hope it's a very expensive one.

Comment

Successfully extracted Modo44 exe, dispite it being in a foreign language.

Agreed with the UK to punish the Germans!
        Declared war on Germany!

No drafting allowed. Maybe I'm missing the tech. The ingame cylopedia is reporting normal drafting level allowed by Republic.

Also for some reason I can't save in the middle of my turn.
        Might be a feature of all PBEM's for all I know, the only other one I'm in is in 3400 BC so there's not much to do.

Guess I'll have to keep Civ III running until I complete this. (Probably tomorrow due to Battlestar Galatica on tonight)
        1st C3DG Term 7 Science Advisor 1st C3DG Term 8 Domestic Minister
        Templar Science Minister
        AI: I sure wish Jon would hurry up and complete his turn, he's been at it for over 1,200,000 milliseconds now.

Comment

Originally posted by joncnunn
          Successfully extracted Modo44 exe, dispite it being in a foreign language.

Agreed with the UK to punish the Germans!
          Declared war on Germany!
          Actually, I thought you'd do it the other way around. Now I get the War Happiness. But hey, if you like digging your own grave, then be my guest.

No drafting allowed. Maybe I'm missing the tech. The ingame cylopedia is reporting normal drafting level allowed by Republic.
          Only the USSR can draft in this scenario, with the standard 2 unit per turn limit for Communism. At least at the beginning - I haven't played it out with all nations. They were the only ones with seemingly limitless numbers of (not really trained) soldiers in this war, so it's fine with me.

Also for some reason I can't save in the middle of my turn.
          That's because you can't in a PBEM in Civ3. Sorry, I know no solution to this.

Comment

War report:

Bomber tried to disconnect the rail at the luxary on the German side of the Dutch border. Discovered a Panzer and bombed it instead. Didn't noticed the first time and bombed again. (2 tries, 1 successful, 1 failure)

Accidently bombed a Germany Inf near my border. Succecced. Knocked 1 point off

Heavilly bombed via ariterlly and bombers the German stack of Panzers inside my border.

Attacked that softened up stack with Conscript Tanks followed by the conscript Calvary:

French Loses: 4 Conscript Tanks, 1 Calvary

German Loses: All but one of those Panzers. Remainer is an Elite
            3/7

Turn sent to sakareassen. (USSR)
            Templar Science Minister
            AI: I sure wish Jon would hurry up and complete his turn, he's been at it for over 1,200,000 milliseconds now.

Comment

Originally posted by GodKing
              England -
              Killed 3 german subs, 2 with destroyers, 1 with a sub
              lost 1 DD to a german sub

Editor says Fighter (standard one only) can detect invisible as well.
              Templar Science Minister

Comment

Historically, Paris fell on the very first German turn. This kind of makes happiness irrelvevent. I used different tactics with my military than the French historically did, fully confident that mine couldn't possibly result in a worse result.

Originally posted by Modo44

Actually, I thought you'd do it the other way around. Now I get the War Happiness. But hey, if you like digging your own grave, then be my guest.

Only the USSR can draft in this scenario, with the standard 2 unit per turn limit for Communism. At least at the beginning - I haven't played it out with all nations. They were the only ones with seemingly limitless numbers of (not really trained) soldiers in this war, so it's fine with me.
                Templar Science Minister

Comment

Next time, I'd like to know how many of my shiny toys were destroyed. This one I could easily check by loading the first turn. Good kick off there.

I won't comment on Paris falling on the first turn, before playing it.

The happiness will help Germany for a long time - this is the point where you helped me.

Is everyone ok with the battle reports posted in the open? Or would you rather have them sent directly to the nations affected? I'm fine either way.

Comment

The negative WW always applys to non-WW govts when at war, regardless of who started it. So you get a benifit one turn earlier, big deal.

Originally posted by Modo44
                    Next time, I'd like to know how many of my shiny toys were destroyed. This one I could easily check by loading the first turn. Good kick off there.

I won't comment on Paris falling on the first turn, before playing it.

The happiness will help Germany for a long time - this is the point where you helped me.

Is everyone ok with the battle reports posted in the open? Or would you rather have them sent directly to the nations affected? I'm fine either way.
                    Templar Science Minister

Comment

The negative WW always applys to non-WW govts when at war, regardless of who started it. So you get a benifit one turn earlier, big deal.
                      Actually, I didn't know this. I thought a civ had to get attacked (i.e. have someone declaring war on it), to get War Happiness. Thanks for the info.

Comment

Did the USSR go out of town this weekend?
                        Templar Science Minister

Comment

No, shame really.

Stalin had his notebook stolen on the weekend. Stalin unhappy. Stalin sends 2000 traitors to siberia.

Stalin was all happy when he had a new notebook ready to go, and got the saved game in. Stalin very unhappy when he realised his conquerors cd was in the old CD drive. Stalin also notices its too late at night to go shopping. Stalin sends 5000 traitors to siberia.

Stalin took some hours out from his busy working schedule to drive around the city looking for a new CD. And he found one.

Stalin will play in a few hours when done in the office. Stalin will understand if everone is really pissed at him and declares war as soon as possible (especially as half the army is now in siberia).

Comment

Zdravstvuyte Comrads!
                            Finally up and running at full speed again.

Upon hearing the news of war in Europe, the mighty soviet empire, condems the criminal actions of the facist and capitalistic beasts of the west.

However in the interests of its workers and this great nataion the soviet union has chosen a peaceful path, sparing the west from the wrath of the mighty red army.

Meanwhile, soviet factories slowly mobilise their weapon production capacities...

Turn complete. No hostilities. Save sent to Modo.

Comment

Fights this turn (list complete):
                              • Attack Amsterdam (Dutch). Dutch lose: 2 Infantry, 1 Flak, 1 Artillery (captured). 1 Panzer promoted. Amsterdam captured.
                              • Attack Brussels (Dutch). Dutch lose: 1 Infantry, 1 Artillery (captured). 1 Panzer promoted. Brussels captured.
                              • Bomb the French Silk luxury near Paris (1 Bomber run). Luxury disconnected.
                              • Bomb the French Furs luxury near Lyons (3 Bomber runs). Luxury disconnected.
                              • Attack the English Infantry north of Brussels. Infantry killed. 1 Panzer promoted.
                              • Attack the English Tank south of Brussels. Tank killed. 1 Panzer lost.
                              • Attack the English stack near Brussels. Germans lose: 1 Bomber (to AA fire), 1 Tank, 3 Panzers. English lose: 4 Infantry, 1 Flak, 1 Artillery (captured). 1 Panzer promoted to Elite.
                              • Bomb a tile near Dijon. Improvements destroyed.
                              • Attack French defenders north of Strasbourg. French lose: 3 Infantry, 1 Tank. Germans lose: 1 Panzer. 1 Panzer promoted.
                              • Attack Strasbourg. French lose: 2 Infantry, 4 Tanks, 2 Flak, 2 Artillery (captured), some planes (at least a Bomber and a Fighter). Germans lose: 1 Panzer. 3 Panzers promoted. Strasbourg captured.
                              • Attack French units near Strasbourg. Kill 4 Infantry, 1 Tank. Lose 1 Panzer, 1 Infantry.
                              • Attack Zagreb (Dutch). Dutch lose: 2 Infantry, 1 Rifleman. Germans lose: 1 Panzer. Zagreb captured.
                              • Attack Nis (Dutch). Dutch lose: 1 Infantry. Tank promoted. Nis captured.
                              • Attack Skopje (Dutch). Dutch lose: I Rifleman. Tank promoted. Skopje captured.
                              • Naval battle near Kiel. English: 1 Destroyer sunk, 1 Destroyer damaged. Germans: 1 U-Boot promoted, 1 U-Boot sunk.
                              • Naval battle near Stavanger. English: 1 Destroyer sunk, HMS Valiant (Battleship) sunk. Germans: 1 U-Boot promoted, 1 Destroyer promoted, 1 U-Boot sunk.
                              • Attack English Infantry near Narvik. 1 German Paratrooper lost. English Infantry killed.
                              • 3 English Destroyers sunk in the Atlantic by U-Boots. 2 U-Boots promoted.
                              • 1 English Destroyer sunk in the Mediterrannean Sea, between Palma, and Tunis. German U-Boot promoted.

No hostilities on the Russian border.

Turn sent to Spain.
                              Last edited by Modo44; January 18, 2005, 11:18.

Comment

Working...
                              X