No announcement yet.

Diplomacy in another age

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello to the French attackers. Nice shiny uniforms you got there.

All battles but one were against the French:
    • Naval battle near Fort Wineyard. HMS Invincible (Man-O-War) sunk by Spanish Ship of the Line. HMS Princes Royal (Man-O-War) sinks Spanish Ship of the Line.
    • Naval battle near Cardiff. 4 remaining French Troop Transports sunk, and one captured using: HMS Minotaur (Ship of the Line), HMS Bulwark (Ship of the Line), HMS Victory (Man-O-War), HMS Goliath (Ship of the Line), HMS Freedom (Man-O-War). The captured ship renamed HMS Cardiff in memory of the fallen sailors.
    • Naval Battle near Vejle. HMS Repulse (Man-O-War) sinks French Ship of the Line.
    • Land battle near Cardiff. 5 Household Cavalry attack: 4 withdraw, 1 lost, 6 HP total taken from the French.
    • Land battle near Vejle. 5 Grand Batteries bombard: 6 HP total taken. 4 Lifeguards attack: 1 lost, 3 Voltigeurs killed. 10 Household Cavalry attack: 2 lost, 2 withdrawn, 6 Voltigeurs killed.

July 1804 to the Spanish.
    Seriously. Kung freaking fu.

Comment

• Originally posted by Modo44
      Hello to the French attackers. Nice shiny uniforms you got there.
      We pride ourselves on our dash
      Gurka 17, People of the Valley
      I am of the Horde.

Comment

• Originally posted by Paddy the Scot
        We pride ourselves on our dash

Not for long, as my lads start putting holes and red colour in and on them...

Comment

• yes that may be true,....

but we are quite proud to be back in Wales

I see your mighty Navy did not take out the entire French naval flotila...

interesting indeed
          I am of the Horde.

Comment

I see your mighty Navy did not take out the entire French naval flotila...

interesting indeed
            Before this, I had no idea what was called "mighty" in PBEM terms. Now I do.

Besides, some ships were sunk in the Great Battle of York, and some need repairs.

Comment

• Ahh Modo of the English I see you wish to carry on this squabble then, so be it!!!

We took just revenge last season on your naval forces and offered you the chance to draw a line under the situation, however you instead sank another Spanish ship, you are not to be trusted!!!!

Onwards to the Prussians and may God give your gunners much accuracy
              A proud member of the "Apolyton Story Writers Guild".There are many great stories at the Civ 3 stories forum, do yourself a favour and visit the forum. Lose yourself in one of many epic tales and be inspired to write yourself, as I was.

Comment

• to Ljube
                Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war .... aw, forget that nonsense. Beer, please.

Comment

• Originally posted by ChrisiusMaximus
                  Ahh Modo of the English I see you wish to carry on this squabble then, so be it!!!
                  Yes, I do.

Originally posted by ChrisiusMaximus
                  We took just revenge last season on your naval forces and offered you the chance to draw a line under the situation, however you instead sank another Spanish ship, you are not to be trusted!!!!
                  Sorry, but you protected our mortal enemies, the French. This, Britain cannot forgive or forget.

Comment

• Mortal enemies... thats bloody rich coming from the Poms
                    I am of the Horde.

Comment

• September 1804 to Paddy.

Comment

Mortal enemies... thats bloody rich coming from the Poms
                        That name is automatically given to any nation who dares trying to land units on British soil, let alone those who actually manage to accomplish this. You shall pay!!!

Comment

• Thank you old salt... But you must know that Wales and Thus Scotland will be free of the pain of your leadership soon enough

my apologises all for the delay...

Sept 1804 to Modo
                          I am of the Horde.

Comment

• No reports as usual, Paddy?

Battles this turn:
                            • Near Vejle (land).
                              7 Grand Batteries attack: 6 HP taken.
                              7 Household Cavalry attack: 2 lost, 1 retreted, 4 Voltigeurs killed.
                              3 Lifeguards attack: 3 Voltigeurs killed.
                              I Royal Cavalry Army attacks: 3 Voltigeurs killed.
                            • Near Cardiff (land).
                              2 Grand Batteries attack: 1 HP taken.
                              4 Household Cavalry attack: 3 lost, 1 retreated, 7 HP taken off Imperial Guards.
                            • South of Cork (naval).
                              HMS Nemesis (Ship of the Line) sunk by Spanish Ship of the Line.
                              HMS Goliath (Ship of the Line) sinks Spanish Ship of the Line.
                              HMS David (Ship of the Line) sinks Spanish Ship of the Line.
                              HMS Aquilon (Man-O-War) sinks Spanish Frigate.
                              HMS Vanguard (Man-O-War) sinks Spanish damaged Spanish Ship of the Line.
                            • South-west of Vejle (naval).
                              HMS Repulse (Man-O-War) sinks French Man-O-War.

Save to ChrisiusMaximus, the dreaded sealord.

Comment

• Originally posted by Modo44
                              No reports as usual, Paddy?
                              [*]Near Cardiff (land).
                              2 Grand Batteries attack: 1 HP taken.
                              4 Household Cavalry attack: 3 lost, 1 retreated, 7 HP taken off Imperial Guards.[/list]
                              no attacks from me...
                              I am of the Horde.

Comment

• MODO You are a deceitful yellow bellied COWARD!!!

Spain will never again trust your word for it is worth nothing!!!

You are a Piratical snake who spews forth naught but vile untruths !!!

You attacked and sank vessels of the Spanish Navy again!!!

In a recent private communication you stated quite clearly that there would be no further attacks on Spanish shipping if we remained outside British waters!!

You have once more demonstrated your dishonourable nature by your vile deeds.

There can be no more talk between our peoples, we shall henceforth set every resource of Spain toward the goal of removing your stain upon this world once and for all!!!

In time your people will rejoice as they are freed from your tyranny and raise the Yellow banner of the glorious Spanish kingdom aloft their castles and city halls.

MODO you will Die either on the scaffold or in battle, but mark my words you will be despatched from this world!
                                A proud member of the "Apolyton Story Writers Guild".There are many great stories at the Civ 3 stories forum, do yourself a favour and visit the forum. Lose yourself in one of many epic tales and be inspired to write yourself, as I was.

Comment

Working...
                                X