and do it again, or.... we will get ya bad hic
    Gurka 17, People of the Valley
    I am of the Horde.

Comment

• Seriously. Kung freaking fu.

Comment

• Save to Czar Ljube.

And the proper term is "reneger".
        Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war .... aw, forget that nonsense. Beer, please.

Comment

• oh indeed...

well that Modo, he is one of them
          I am of the Horde.

Comment

• I am not getting into that. I am strictly here for the spelling and grammar.
            Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war .... aw, forget that nonsense. Beer, please.

Comment

• oh are ya like that are ya

did you loose ya chalk?
              I am of the Horde.

Comment

• May 1804 sent to Paddy.

Comment

• May 1804 to Modo

and war declared

battle report:

1 british redcoat dismissed
                  4 voltigeurs dismissed
                  I am of the Horde.

Comment

• Well, I see the Spanish attempted to protect the French from the British fleets. Alright then, war has been declared. Sorry about that, King Chrisius. Playing nice is over, when Home needs to be defended.

Naval battle near York:
                    • 1 Artillery bombardment: 1 HP taken from a Spanish Ship of the Line.
                    • HMS Bulwark (Ship of the Line) sinks Spanish Ship of the Line.
                    • HMS Beagle ("pirate") sinks Spanish Frigate.
                    • HMS Goliath (Ship of the Line) sinks French Ship of the Line.
                    • HMS Minotaur (Ship of the Line) sinks French Ship of the Line.
                    • HMS London (Ship of the Line) sunk by French Ship of the Line.
                    • HMS Nemesis (Ship of the Line) sinks French Ship of the Line.
                    • HMS David (Ship of the Line) sinks French Troop Transport.
                    • HMS St. Vincent (Ship of the Line) sinks French Troop Transport.
                    • HMS Viper (Ship of the Line) sinks French Troop Transport.
                    • HMS Dragon (Ship of the Line) sunk by French Troop Transport.
                    • HMS Aquilon (Man O War) sinks French Troop Transport.
                    • HMS Prince of Wales (Man O War) sunk by French Troop Transport.
                    • HMS Vanguard (Man O War) sinks French Troop Transport.
                    • HMS Victory (Man O War) sinks French Troop Transport.
                    • HMS Royal Sovereign (Man O War) sinks French Troop Transport.
                    • HMS Shannon (Man O War) captures French Troop Transport (enslaved to a Man O War).
                    • Captured French ship (Man O War) sinks French Ship of the Line. Upon returning to York, gets renamed HMS Freedom.
                    • Ogre ("pirate") sinks French Troop Transport.
                    • New Lands ("pirate") captures French Troop Transport (enslaved to a Privateer).
                    • Captured ship ("pirate") sunk by Franch Troop Transport.
                    • Powerful ("pirate") sunk by French Troop Transport.
                    • HMS Swift (Frigate) sinks French Troop Transport.
                    • Dragonfly ("pirate") sinks French Frigate.

Battle near Vejle:
                    • 5 Artillery bombardments: 9 HP total taken from French Voltigeurs.
                    • Household Cavalry attacks: 5. Retreats: 1. Voltigeurs killed: 4.
                    • Lifeguard attacks: 6. Voltigeurs killed: 6.

Naval battle near Copenhagen:
                    • HMS Coventry (Ship of the Line) sinks Prussian Ship of the Line.
                    • HMS Ant (Ship of the Line) sunk by Prussian Ship of the Line.

Naval battle in the Mediterrannean:
                    • HMS Rattlesnake (Ship of the Line) sunk by Spanish Frigate.
                    • HMS Victoria (Ship of the Line) sinks Spanish Frigate.

Naval battle north of Amsterdam:
                    • HMS Edinburgh sunk by French Ship of the Line.
                    • HMS Oxford sunk by French Man O War.

Good fight, good night!
                    Last edited by Modo44; March 1, 2005, 06:35.
                    Seriously. Kung freaking fu.

Comment

• and thus France is broken.........
                      I am of the Horde.

Comment

• No, this was just a scratch. Remember, I know our relative military powers.

EDIT: Save sent to Chris. At least it apperas to be (some weird message came back from the mail server). If it does not arrive, please tell and I will resend.

Comment

• I have not had so many naval battles in the entire history of my playing civ 3. I can't wait to get the save.

Comment

• 10 troop ships.....

let me say that truely truely has hurt France

make no mistake on that matter

it is a discussion at the moment whether or not we can recover...
                            I am of the Horde.

Comment

• No save here Modo could you try again.

I fail to see how the British Leader can state that we were protecting the french fleet ??? We made clear our protestations to you earlier and we informed you of our entry into your waters !!! and of our reasons, we did pass by a large number of French ships en route but we have no control over those vessels !!! Pray tell how are we to be blamed for your war with france ???

Our ships were heading into the Severn estuary and Irish seas to track down your pirate fleet !!! I fail to see how you can arrive at your proposterous conclusion.

Im also quite stunned that you were able to attack the French fleet we observed fully laden, we were quite sure they were destined for South coast of England to disembark there cargoes, if indeed you say we were protecting their ships that must mean they were sailing further north ???

Once again Lord Modo you are completly wrong and you have acted true to your character, that of the fumbling diplomat and the dastardly pirate, you could have requested our fleets to make fast their dispersal but instead you attack our ships.

Oh well more fool you Spain is already outproducing your puny navy and with the boost to morale your dastardly deeds will provide to our populace and the forthcoming mobilization of our economy we vow to you we will thoroughly enjoy now sending as many of your seadogs to the bottom of the oceans as possible
                              A proud member of the "Apolyton Story Writers Guild".There are many great stories at the Civ 3 stories forum, do yourself a favour and visit the forum. Lose yourself in one of many epic tales and be inspired to write yourself, as I was.

Comment

• Originally posted by ChrisiusMaximus
                                No save here Modo could you try again.
                                Sent now. No strange messages from the server this time.

Originally posted by ChrisiusMaximus
                                I fail to see how the British Leader can state that we were protecting the french fleet ??? We made clear our protestations to you earlier and we informed you of our entry into your waters !!! and of our reasons, we did pass by a large number of French ships en route but we have no control over those vessels !!! Pray tell how are we to be blamed for your war with france ???
                                We blame no one but France for the war with France.

But your ships did block us from countering the threat to Ireland. Namely, you put a wall of ships from York into the Atlantic Ocean. Whether by chance or by design, your ships were in the way. To kill the French bastards, we had to take quick action, and we did.

I am sorry about the officers in the south. The were becoming pretty anxious to see some action, and apparently took the oportunity to sink a Spanish ship. They will be punished for that.

Our ships were heading into the Severn estuary and Irish seas to track down your pirate fleet !!! I fail to see how you can arrive at your proposterous conclusion.
                                Please note, that ony allied ships are allowed into British waters. We have told you so many times, and I am sure it was clear to you. This is not negotiable. It has been decided to let your fleet turn away if you so wish. Be advised, that should Spanish ships stay in British waters, we will sink them one by one.

Im also quite stunned that you were able to attack the French fleet we observed fully laden, we were quite sure they were destined for South coast of England to disembark there cargoes, if indeed you say we were protecting their ships that must mean they were sailing further north ???
                                Well, this came as a surprise to me too. Apparently, they wanted to try for Ireland. Well, big mistake. Cost you some ships, and cost the French many more. It is true, that your fleet would be no obstacle, had the French disembarked near York. What is done cannot be undone, though.

Once again Lord Modo you are completly wrong and you have acted true to your character, that of the fumbling diplomat and the dastardly pirate, you could have requested our fleets to make fast their dispersal but instead you attack our ships.
                                No, I could not. The French ships would be able to reach Ireland had we not intercepted them this very month. The cost of that would be too great to accept, so we stopped them.

Oh well more fool you Spain is already outproducing your puny navy and with the boost to morale your dastardly deeds will provide to our populace and the forthcoming mobilization of our economy we vow to you we will thoroughly enjoy now sending as many of your seadogs to the bottom of the oceans as possible
                                Whatever you say. We will meet you in battle, if that is what you wish.

I am attaching a picture of the situation when I opened the turn. The green route out of Portsmouth is too long - even for British sailors. The red one, however, proved to be short enough. So we took it.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X