• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh, we were just about to claim victory by default
    So if you meet me have some courtesy, have some sympathy and some taste
    Use all your well-learned politesse, or I'll lay your soul to waste

Re-Organisation of remaining C3C PBEMS

Comment

Oh - is con back? OK then - I will get going on this.

The Game: Clash Of Titans

Paddy and I have agreed on the folllowing parameters.

Pangaea map - with good land on either side - and some rough terrain and goodies in the centre. Either a standard or large map. I will leave that to the map maker.

We start on opposite sides - two settlers each, two workers, one warrior.

No inter-mingled starts, as the starting positions itself may dictate the game and/or one or more team-mates may be eliminated really quickly. The idea here is that your culture grows, and ours grows, we meet, we clash. Exploration to find the good stuff and the others will be paramount.

Difficulty level at deity to slow down research, and make goody huts less rewarding - thus removing another 'luck' factor.

Barbs at a medium level.

Sir Ralph or OctX or alexman or GodKing to do the map. I will get in touch with a mapmaker.

The civ split remains Europe vs Asia. I dunno - it was the original basis for the game, and a good historical theme setting. The method of choosing is outlined below.

No out of game communication until teams have in game contact. Otherwise - there will be some incredible master planning of civ layouts, which would be unnatural for the game, IMHO. Everyone will have to be on their honour about this one.

And no declaring war on a team mate; we will use locked alliances.

OK - the civ choices. There will be a coin toss done to determine who gets first pick of either Asia or Europe. Said coin toss will be done my Ms. Beta. Paddy or one of the Bushrangers can pick heads or tails.

Simply post your call here - and the coin toss will follow.

Once Europe and Asia are determined - each team picks four civs from the following list. There is only one restriction - Europe can only pick one agricultural civ. For the Asians, there is only one. Each team will be choosing from a list of eleven civs.

Here are the lists to choose from, with the civ traits (you can figure out the abbreviations ):

EUROPE

Celts R A
      Dutch A Sea
      English C Sea
      Portuguese E Sea
      Vikings M Sea
      Spanish R Sea
      Russians E S
      Germans M S
      Romans M C
      French C I
      Greeks C S

ASIA

Sumerians A S
      Koreans C S
      Ottoman I S
      Persians I S
      Babylonains R S
      Indians R C
      Arabians E R
      Japanese M R
      Mongols E M
      Chinese I M
      Hittite E C

OK - Paddy and mates - make a call - heads or tails???
      Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war .... aw, forget that nonsense. Beer, please.

Comment

Since I'm the first to respond....I'll call heads.

Comment

Drum rolll.....

Ms. Beta flips the coin and it is ..........

Heads.

Congrats mates. The Roos get the choice of Europe or Asia.

(for the record - the coin flipped was a Canadian quarter (25 cent piece), with a moose on one side (tails) and Queen E the 2nd (heads) on the other.)
          Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war .... aw, forget that nonsense. Beer, please.

Comment

we will get back to you soon with our answer
            Gurka 17, People of the Valley
            I am of the Horde.

Comment

If you are having a hard time deciding, you can always flip a coin.

Comment

We're flipping 4 coins actually

Comment

4 sided coins of all things
                  I am of the Horde.

Comment

With the demonstrated inability to make decisive strategic decisions, I think you have forfeited the game already.

Comment

well it looks like we will play ................. ahhh........

Asia
                      I am of the Horde.

Comment

Okies. Now it's just to discuss our countries ...

Curious. Do you think MarkG would let us make a civgroup? I'd like to, so we can have mini-forums, like in the DG's. If others think this could be a good idea, i'll PM him...
                        <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
                        I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy the Scot
                          well it looks like we will play ................. ahhh........

Asia
                          BZZZZZZZZZZ... wrong choice. You lose.

So, what do we want to do for the next game.

Comment

Originally posted by snoopy369
                            Okies. Now it's just to discuss our countries ...

Curious. Do you think MarkG would let us make a civgroup? I'd like to, so we can have mini-forums, like in the DG's. If others think this could be a good idea, i'll PM him...
                            snoop - I think that is a bit much to ask for an 8 player game. We could each start our own thread, with the understanding that you do not access the others. Sort of like the AU601 approach.

My concern is that if we approach Mark on this, he may have a rush of proposals. We can always chat via e-mail. Then again - if it is not too great an imposition, a private forum each would be good. What say the others?

Comment

You may be right. (On the other hand, if he just set it up so all Civgroups had auto-private forums ... ) That and I want the badge

OTOH, i'm willing to skip it and just do 'private' forums that we agree not to access the others'. That's cool too, but no badge...
                              <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
                              I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

I'm willing to do the "don't read the other team's thread" approach. I think we all have PBEMed enough to trust each other.

Comment

Working...
                                X