Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Point taken Rhoth.

Comment

• The Hittites remind the Phoenicians that there were indeed some few Phoenician troops north of that border, within about 3 or 4 squares of a Hittite city. The combination of that fact and the sneak attack against the Egyptians made the Hittite nation mighty wary.

The mighty Hittite army indeed. Although we do not at the moment possess iron, that is not due to a lack of resources (as any Phoenician spy worth his weight in worthless phoenician lead ought to be able to tell his masters) but due to ... strategy.

Perhaps the Phoenicians should study with the masters that the Hittites have studied with. Krillus Septimus, for example. His tournament play has been called outstanding, and taught this humble student a thing or two about resource management during a fill-in round.

Not to mention the Vox, whose strategy at times in a certain Demo game has been considered to contain some of the best play-from-behind tactics ever invented.

<Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
      I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

• BTW, where is the save? I see it being sent to beta on the 21st, and then he posted an hour later, but no save in my inbox ...

Twentyfour hours without my Meso fix is too LONG ...

Comment

• So, I think i'd like to actually start a meso game from the beginning, now that this one is wrapping up. One that's fun, like this one, with not too many rules. (Con, you interested? )

To that effect, i've started a shiny new thread, which you can go to here:

Comment

• Beta has some RL issues with work but he promised to get caught up starting tonight.

I already picked the Sumerians.

What we should do is keep the same play order and pick our Civs around that unless someone has a good idea to improve the order.
            *"Winning is still the goal, and we cannot win if we lose (gawd, that was brilliant - you can quote me on that if you want. And con - I don't want to see that in your sig."- Beta

Comment

• ah gotcha no problem.

I'm figuring some new people and some old people, but probably mostly the old people just because you all know it's so much fun. But, if some new people AND all of the old people want to play, we can always do two games.

Comment

• Being a white zenophobic conservative Ill stick with the old folks game.

New things irritate me greatly

Plus we got our share of old farts in this one. I like hanging out with my contemporaries
                *"Winning is still the goal, and we cannot win if we lose (gawd, that was brilliant - you can quote me on that if you want. And con - I don't want to see that in your sig."- Beta

Comment

• By "new" i mean folks not in the current game. Soltz, jshelr, people like that.

Though i'm not a xenophobe (albeit conservative and white i am) so i don't care much who joins. But if all of us want to do it again together i'm up for that as i said.

Comment

• Originally posted by snoopy369
                    The Hittites remind the Phoenicians that there were indeed some few Phoenician troops north of that border, within about 3 or 4 squares of a Hittite city. The combination of that fact and the sneak attack against the Egyptians made the Hittite nation mighty wary.

The mighty Hittite army indeed. Although we do not at the moment possess iron, that is not due to a lack of resources (as any Phoenician spy worth his weight in worthless phoenician lead ought to be able to tell his masters) but due to ... strategy.

Perhaps the Phoenicians should study with the masters that the Hittites have studied with. Krillus Septimus, for example. His tournament play has been called outstanding, and taught this humble student a thing or two about resource management during a fill-in round.

Not to mention the Vox, whose strategy at times in a certain Demo game has been considered to contain some of the best play-from-behind tactics ever invented.

The Phoenicians must remind the Hittites that he had mentioned to the Hittite leader that those units were originally earmarked for the defensive alliance against Medea...intended to help the Hittites even...and were travelling that way before being pulled back to defend against the treachery of the Hittites.

The leader of the Phoenicians has studied with the best, such as the great Theseus Podosimus, and indeed has learned the secrets not only of resource management, but the higher, little-known secrets of game management.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rhothaerill

The Phoenicians must remind the Hittites that he had mentioned to the Hittite leader that those units were originally earmarked for the defensive alliance against Medea...intended to help the Hittites even...and were travelling that way before being pulled back to defend against the treachery of the Hittites.
                      The Hittites remind the Phoenicians that they did not initiate this attack, nor did they found a city at that location, so there was no 'treachery' that you speak of. The Hittites simply ... prepared. It was the Phoenician sneak attack against Egypt that ... concerned us, that perhaps defenses needed to be placed between us and our volatile neighbor to the south.

The leader of the Phoenicians has studied with the best, such as the great Theseus Podosimus, and indeed has learned the secrets not only of resource management, but the higher, little-known secrets of game management.
                      Ahhh. The great Theseus Podosimus is know to us, and is a fellow bandito during which we hope to learn much. However, the strategies of Krillus and Vox are clearly superior to that of Theseus Podosimus in this situation, as the combination of monetary values and scientific and strategic developments clearly point to these strategies.

Comment

• Everything I know about civ I learned from my cats.

Hail to Simon the Black Prince, King Oliver I, and little Princess Annie, mighty warriors one and all.

(one of them is so famous in the civ world, she is actually someone's avatar - check out BigFurryMonster)

Gentlemen - my humble apologies for the delay. RL has indeed been busy, and I had to prioritize some games. This one is a high priority - but a turn takes more than 5 minutes to play. But I am now free to play civ for the next 4 days.

Save to snoopy.

ps - I am in the new game, but as with con, with the old farts. Although I know jshelr is a very reliable player.
                        Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war .... aw, forget that nonsense. Beer, please.

Comment

• jshelr is essentially and old fart isn't he

Comment

• Originally posted by snoopy369
                            The Hittites simply ... prepared. It was the Phoenician sneak attack against Egypt that ... concerned us, that perhaps defenses needed to be placed between us and our volatile neighbor to the south.
                            Well I won't argue with that.

However, the strategies of Krillus and Vox are clearly superior to that of Theseus Podosimus in this situation, as the combination of monetary values and scientific and strategic developments clearly point to these strategies.
                            We shall see how it all plays out and who is left standing as the winner when the game ends.

Comment

• Yup.

Sent. Combat report will be left out, because it was that depressing for me.

I gave up after 2 vet horsemen from the north died w/o a single hitpoint lost from a companion infantry. Blah.

Comment

• Oh, and my new five-year-old calico, Maggie, says Hi to your three wonderful 'children', Beta.

Comment

Working...
                                X