Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aqua, that's not the way to celebrate a holiday between jobs... You should have gone for a few months. Your dedication to civ is respectable..

I almost forgot that I'll be gone for a few days as well. Thursday September 15 - Tuesday September 20.
    A month ago I had some replacements for a week, could the same people take over my games again? I will probably need a few more now, as I have to include the games with Beta involved.
    don't worry about things you have no influence on...

Comment

• I'm back, and have caught up on most all my games.

I can step into any games that need a replacement (although preferably ones that are not on terminal life support).
      The greatest delight for man is to inflict defeat on his enemies, to drive them before him, to see those dear to them with their faces bathed in tears, to bestride their horses, to crush in his arms their daughters and wives.

Duas uncias in puncta mortalis est.

Comment

• Originally posted by Theseus
        I'm back, and have caught up on most all my games.

I can step into any games that need a replacement (although preferably ones that are not on terminal life support).
        Thanks Theseus

we got a bunch of games that are stagnant

maybe we can all get together and do something about those MIA
        Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

• Anybody know where I can get a spare C3C disk cheap (or free)?

I travel a fair amount, and would just as soon have a second disk for my travel kit, so as not to screw up as I did over the last couple weeks.
          The greatest delight for man is to inflict defeat on his enemies, to drive them before him, to see those dear to them with their faces bathed in tears, to bestride their horses, to crush in his arms their daughters and wives.

Comment

Anybody know where I can get a spare C3C disk cheap (or free)?

I travel a fair amount, and would just as soon have a second disk for my travel kit, so as not to screw up as I did over the last couple weeks.
            I havent tried, can you burn a backup copy?

its legal but some disks have protection
            Havent truied

I know many Microshaft products wont allow this

Comment

• Yeah, I'm not sure how you would actually create a copy that had the copy protection passableness on it, which is the whole point. I'm pretty sure it's possible, just don't know how. And I doubt the mods would want me discussing it if I did.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kloreep
                Yeah, I'm not sure how you would actually create a copy that had the copy protection passableness on it, which is the whole point. I'm pretty sure it's possible, just don't know how. And I doubt the mods would want me discussing it if I did.
                well..from what I understand it is "illegal copying" is what the mods are against and what "I" was referring to was a backup copy for ones self which I am pretty sure you are entitled to...

Gramps

Comment

• I don't mind spending a few bucks.

Comment

• I have (probably illegal) images of C3C and Civ3 which work fine installing, but can't be used to play. Which is just fine, as I do have my cdroms. The Civ3 cdrom is damaged and can't be used to install, but does work to play. I say I payed the money for it, so I'm entitled to use it. The C3C image is now a spare just in the event when that rom gets damaged as well.

I'm a strong supporter of the continuation of Civ-development, so my intentions are good, there's just that line, where I only wish to pay once for the goods.
                    don't worry about things you have no influence on...

Comment

• I'm not sure what the 'official' policy on this is, but it seems to me common sense that if anyone does have a free solution they should email Theseus privately with information. Posting instructions here on how to make a 'legal' backup inevitably means it will be used for less legitimate practices at some point...
                      Enjoy Slurm - it's highly addictive!

Comment

I don't mind spending a few bucks.
                        Have you checked Amazon or ebay for used copies?

Comment

• Another possibility is that someone like Sir Ralph who dislikes and never plays Conquests might not mind sending you his copy.
                          <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
                          I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

• I am looking for a few permanent replacements:

C3C - Classics. 1600 BC and Poland now stretches from coast to coast.

ICR One. A long and bitter war with Russia has just ended. With the aid of the Pyramids, Egypt's recovery should be swift.

Rumble in the Jungle. 1525 BC and the Haudenosaunee are still a Cubic Zirconia in the rough.
                            Do you believe in Evil? The Nefarious Mr. Butts
                            The continuing saga of The Five Nations
                            A seductress, an evil priest, a young woman and The Barbarian King

Comment

• I'd like to replace you in all your games.

By the way, I won't be playing my saves until later this evening as I'm out of Belgrade today.

Comment

• My broadband went down in a storm last Tuesday and our building is still having trouble. Not sure if I'll be able to check in again before Monday...

Comment

Working...
                                X