• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• party hard old chap
    Gurka 17, People of the Valley
    I am of the Horde.

Comment

• Modo, just wondering if you closed the deal with the Portugese for 90+ gpt...
      don't worry about things you have no influence on...

Comment

• uhmmm 1 more thing.... I thought Cube was next after Paddy..!?

Comment

• Originally posted by McMeadows
          uhmmm 1 more thing.... I thought Cube was next after Paddy..!?
          as stated earlier the Family Cube asked to go in their normal slot

they had at no time accepted your proposal to go next, and replied with a gentle shock when I sent them the Crown etc
          I am of the Horde.

Comment

• missed out on that... it's all good

Comment

• I just noticed we have a 20-turns deal with the Iroquis. And for what? For 4 friggin' gpt, while making over 200 ourselves! Darn you Paddy, now in order to have my war, I'll have to spoil our reputation big time. Oh well...

Selling Astronomy is done. And trading some old tech and Wines for Ivory. Now we have no more entertainers, thank you very much.
              Seriously. Kung freaking fu.

Comment

• I like to have those luxeries complete...

Comment

• Poor Iroquis... so very dead.

I have nearly finished my 20 turns and will soon post some battle reports and other interesting news. To make you stay up, here's what came knocking at the doors of Hiawatha:
                  Attached Files

Comment

• great pic

4.57am

man you are a stirrer

waiting

and McM will tell you I was going to crash early tonight

party hard you Lord of our Empire
                    I am of the Horde.

Comment

• Some dates concerning the Iroquis:

1150AD
                      - The army is ready and the flotilla moves out.

1170AD
                      - The pic above.

1190AD
                      - Tacape founded on the middle red spot,
                      - Salamanca falls,
                      - So does Niagara Falls (good name they gave it )

1200AD
                      - Allegheny falls,

1210AD
                      - The Pentagon is established in the former Iroquis capital - Salamanca,
                      - Grand River falls,
                      - So does Oil Springs.

1220AD
                      - Oil Springs retaken by Iroquis, then by Carthage again,
                      - Cattaraugus falls,
                      - Peace with Iroquis. They have one island city left and it is called Centralia (talk about good names )

Detailed reports will follow.

Comment

• Rock On party man, oh I mean well done your Majesty
                        I am of the Horde.

Comment

• As said before, King Modo was focused on destroying the Iroquis from the very beginning of his reign. Having mustered a sizabele force to do so, he wouldn't let other leaders take the glory. And so it came that Modo III decided to lead the armies himself. He embarked on the journey with his Honor Guard, an elite Cavalry regiment.

In 1180AD Carthage declared war on the Iroquis. The same year saw a large fleet of Carthaginian Galleons unload their cargo on Iroquis' shores. It consisted of:
                          • 17 Cavalry regiments, including Modo's Honor Guard Cavalry led by the king himself,
                          • 9 Medieval Infantry regiments,
                          • 11 Musketmen regiments,
                          • The Great Northern Army fielding old fashioned but extremely well trained Knights,
                          • Helmicar's army, lead by his son, Helmicar II, with fast moving elite Numidian Mercenaries in it's ranks,
                          • 5 Cannon batteries for the anticipated siege of Salamanca,
                          • Workers and Settlers that were promisend land to live in once the war was over.

Comment

• 1190AD

In the north, the first Settlers were given land and the city of Tacape was founded. Brave Musketmen gave their lives and a Cavalry regiment was nearly decimated while keeping Iroquis Knights from killing the Settlers when they were getting out the Galleons. After that atrocity the Cavalry officers decided to tech the Iroquis a lesson in manners. Two hours later the citizens of Niagara Falls found themselves under Carthaginian rule.

The southern Carthaginianforce, lead by King Modo, showed great discipline and charged straight from the sips into the cities of Salamanca. Helmicar II was left behind with his Numidians to guard the Settlers that came with this force - as a precaution after the happenings north. The Iroquis capital city was heavily defended and the citizens were warned about the Carthaginian invasion. Unfortunately for them, no firearms were ready for use, so they had to rely on Pikes. Still, they fought a fierce battle. Regiment after regiment of Carthaginian Cavalry made attacks, many men have died, but the defenses were still holding.

The battle turned when Modo's Honor Guard Cavalry regiment attacked, finally breaking the lines of defenders. Salamanca was taken. Sun Tzu's Art of War was captured and some badly needed rest given to the soldiers. The battle taught Modo that it was not wise to attack with separate regiments, so he brought three of them under his command, forming an army. He also tasted blood and was more than eager to keep attacking. He moved out with his army, consisting of the less damaged regiments, shortly after the battle. Two units of Iroquis Longbowmen happened to cross his path. Gun shots and screams were heard, but the Carthaginians didn't even need to slow down.

From "Pictures Of War", Issue I, 1190AD:
                            Attached Files

Comment

• 1200AD

Modo's newly formed army showed remarkable speed and zeal. They approached Allegheny and nearly took it on their own. At the very end of the battle they were just short of men to finish the job. A young Cavalry officer saw it coming and took his regiment to help King Modo. It was, by the way, the only Cavalry regiment other than Modo's which has not suffered significantly during the Battle of Salamanca. Hanno, because that was his name, made the battle end and Allegheny was captured. Unfortunately the attack was so swift that no defensive forces could be pulled to stop the Iroquis Knights from counterattacking. But that's another story. Acknowledging the great mind of Hanno, King Modo charged him with the task to set up a centre for military operations on foreign soil. Thus, the city of Salamanca saw a new structure emerging - The Pentagon.

On the northern front the attack contiued as planned and some defenders of Grand River were killed. However, the Cavalry regiments suffered too many losses during the Battle of Niagara Falls and were unable to repeat their stunning success. Forces were rallied for a second attack soon to come.

Many soldiers were left in Salamanca to rest and regroup. These would make a fresh force for battles to come. Only the Great Norther Army was an exception. The Knights merely requested their horses to be replaced with well fed ones. As soon as that was done, they moved towards Oil Springs at full gallop.

One setback was noted. Seeing that the war was going against the Iroquis, the Byzantine empire decided to seize the opportunity and claim some lands in former Iroquis territory. This was not more than some farmers taking over farms left by the Iroquis. Unfortunately this meant that the Carthaginian Settlers that were promised that land, could not take it now, as it would mean declaring a war. For now, they had to stay away from "Byzantine" borders.

The Settlers in the south have finally made their mind up about a location for their new home. They went back to the place where they first landed, to start building.

Carthaginian Workers began to work the new land given to them. Some Iroquis citizens were taken in and forced to help out, since the work to be done was truly enormous.

From "Pictures Of War", Issue II, 1200AD:
                              Attached Files
                              Last edited by Modo44; November 12, 2004, 04:13.

Comment

• 1210AD

King Modo III almost lost his life in a battle that year. His army, now the size of a company, was attacked in Allegheny by a full Regiment of Iroquis Knights. Only by a leap of faith was Modo on his way to Salamanca to oversee Hanno's work on The Pentagon. Otherwise, the king would be dead, no doubt about it. Fortunately, the lone Knight Regiment was not enough to retake the city, especially with numerous Carthaginian Musketmen arriving to defend it.

The Great Nothern Army attacked Oil Springs as they were - without preparation and withous direct support. They didn't succeed in taking the city, but they did dispose of the first line of veteran Iroquis defenders. Fortunately the Cavalry regiments in Salamanca managed to rally and regroup, so they were able to come to aid the army. Oil Springs was taken, but again, no adequate defences could be brought in on time. Even the fast Numidians of Helmicar II were still far from the city when the counterattack came. But that's another story.

In the western Iroquis country defenders of Grand River had to give up. Facing more numerous and better equipped enemies while having only badly trained Pikemen to try and stop the onslaught, the battle was lost even before it began. And to add to that, King Modo II led the attack with his New Honor Guard - another Cavalry regiment. Soon the city was occupied by a large Carthaginian force consisting of Cavalry, Musketmen and Medieval Infantry regiments.

The second group of Carthaginian citizens settled down on their promised land, forming the city of Zama.

From "Pictures Of War", Issue III, 1210AD:
                                Attached Files
                                Last edited by Modo44; November 12, 2004, 04:14.

Comment

Working...
                                X