No announcement yet.

An empire of succession PBEM, signup!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I know what you mean, but we only have a handful of cities that can use Hospitals to full extent. Most have either no room for growth or a weak infrastructure that can't support a larger population.

Oh and here's a hint how to get out of this: switch to Democracy.
    Had I not needed the production for the war, I'd switch. I know, I know - war weariness. But seriously, the whole war only took five turns.

[edit]
    I forgot to mention. We have a fairly decent spot for Iron Works in Crystal Palace.
    [/edit]
    Last edited by Modo44; November 13, 2004, 14:59.
    Seriously. Kung freaking fu.

Comment

• My hats off to my predecessors. Great stuff. I was following day-to-day, but just did a complete re-cap. Quite the empire we have here. I am with Modo on the game plan. Let's conquer the world.

Beta III had known for sometime that he would become King, and with Modo III's reign nearing the end, Beta was further prepped for the throne. He had attended university, spent some time working in both the treasury and the main reserch library in Carthage. For the last several years, he was and aide-de-camp with a cavalry army in the land of the Iroquois. This rounded out his training, and a confident and well-prepared leader ascended the thorne.

Thus commence's the reign of Beta III.
      Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war .... aw, forget that nonsense. Beer, please.

Comment

• /me and Michelle set the wagon aside, and gather their war horses

Well young lady, looks like we are off to war again
        Gurka 17, People of the Valley
        I am of the Horde.

Comment

• beta?
          don't worry about things you have no influence on...

Comment

• Sorry folks. Very busy week. I will get to it this weekend.
            Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war .... aw, forget that nonsense. Beer, please.

Comment

• very busy weekend as well I assume...
              It's almost been 2 weeks.
              Expanding game is awaiting you to play your turn as well...
              don't worry about things you have no influence on...

Comment

• it will be good to see where this goes
                I am of the Horde.

Comment

• It will be good to see it moving again.
                  Seriously. Kung freaking fu.

Comment

• Yes - my apologies once again. I am in the middle of playing it now. What a hoot. Whoever takes over is going to be embroiled in a good little war with two civs. I attacked the Maya to keep the conquest theme going - and the Portuguese waded into it with more troops than expected. But cavalry can mow down knights.

Posting soon. And I almost switched us to Communism ... just for the twist. Almost....

Comment

• Go Hard Mighty Lord
                      I am of the Horde.

Comment

• The Reign of Beta III

It took Beta III's reign a while to get going, but once he got going, it was an interesting period in Carthage's history.

1250 ad

Started Nationalism.

1255 ad

Got spices from Portugal for Naviagtion.

Did this because Liz of England wnated three luxuries and three techs for ivory. Ummm ...NO. And we will remember this when we come looking for you!!!

More troops on the move to the warring continent.

Finished Nationalism.

First pollution hits.

Give serious consideration to researching Communism, and switching governments, just to add some flavour ....mostly red. But decide for electricity instead. We wll stick with Republic.

In around here we get Leo's.

I invade the Mayan Empire. I have been building toward this the last few turns. The pics will explain more.

The attack.

The western front - Chichen Itza - is a messy affair. Two elite cavalry go down, including Modo's House Guard.But we get the Oracle. The city is renamed in honour of Modo's Imperial Guard.

The eastern front is a cakewalk - Yaxchilan falls quickly.

The Portuguese cross the border - and declare war when asked to leave.

Our frigate sinks a Portuguese galleon.

Started replaceable parts , having finished electricity.

The Portuguese cross the border in force - with Knights, and Templars.

Thet are also tryiong to land troops, but the Great Galleon defense keeps them out at sea. See pic.

We, the Carthaginians, land in Portugal. See pic.

Mongols demand incense. I am ...incensed.... but as the northern border is shaky with the portuguese invasion, I say , no problem, here you go. But we will remember.

New leader Oliver The Great (the great tabby cat sleeping near the monitor), created from slaying Portuguese invaders. Many knights and templars are killed. The new leader creates new four-unit cavalry army.

Twelve more units land in Portugal. They now have to be wondering what they got themselves into.

Bonampak taken from the Portuguese.

Meanwhile ...back at home .. a Great Railway Build has been underway. Started by my predecessor, I have completed the great cross-continental Carthaginian Railway. The last spike is driven home, and now a unit produced in Shanghai can be in Yaroslavl immediately, and on a galleon heading for the ront (3 turns).Work on numerous other rail lines continues.

It should be mentioned that our economy at home has continued to grow, Marketplaces, libraries, banks, factories, the occasional temple where needed, and courthouses have all been built in considerable numbers.

The Portuguese wisely sue for peace. I take their treasury of 91 gold. I am a bit concerned about war weariness. Been at it for awhile.

Took Copan, the capital, from the Mayans. This also gets us the Great Lighthouse.

Get replaceable parts, and start the corporation. Numerous rfles and cannon get upgraded over the next couple of turns. This is getting very mismatched,

The final push on the Mayans. Palenque, Lagartero, and Tikal all fall.

We reach peace with Mayans. We get music theory and 8 gold. They have a city to the far north.

My work is done. I have continued the conquests of my ancestors, and yet built the empire into an economic powerhouse. I now retire to my country estate, to tend my grape vines, and let younger and more ambitious leaders forge the future.

But to forge that future they will have an insurmountable tech lead and a super-power economy, not to mention modern artillery and infantry, and a strong force of cavalry. Do damage, my friends, do damage.

(btw - where is the Forbidden Palace - I gave up looking for it - but I know it has been built.)
                        Last edited by Beta; November 23, 2004, 23:02.

Comment

• 1285 bc - the invasion of the Mayan empire.
                          Attached Files

Comment

• The western front - led by General Modo.
                            Attached Files

Comment

• The eastern front - led by General Oliver.
                              Attached Files

Comment

• 1300 ad. The first two Mayan cities have fallen. We close on the Mayan capitol. Portugal enters the fray. Our first use of gallens to block their sea movements.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X