An empire of succession PBEM, signup!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• An empire of succession PBEM, signup!

The way it works is simple, each player plays 20 turns then sends the game off to the next person on the list. They then go to the thread and write a brief story of their reign. It is recommended to save the game with the end turn button blinking.

The List. (SIGNUPS CLOSED!)
    1.) Gamecube64 (caspianseaweed ta gmail tod com)
    2.) Paddy the Scot
    3.) Modo44
    4.) Beta
    5.) Mcmeadows

I would hope for atleast 4, but no more than 6.

Vote on game settings.
    regular or large.
    wet.
    oldest.
    continents.
    60% water.
    raging (or whatever the highest is) barbarians.
    all defaults except no culturely olinked starts.
    us as the Indians.
    Last edited by Gamecube64; October 13, 2004, 17:04.
    I changed my signature

Just took up my 10th game and put the bar at that amount. But I think the concept deserves a bit more attention.
    don't worry about things you have no influence on...

Comment

indeed it does sound like an interesting idea

I will join up

and maybe we could start it and see if we get more players as we go along then

possibly twist the Dutchies arm along the way
      Gurka 17, People of the Valley
      I am of the Horde.

Comment

I'd like to join, but what difficulty level is this going to be? I won't do much good above Emperor.
        Seriously. Kung freaking fu.

Comment

Ok, I'll start the game up this afternoon and hope the crowds will flock to us, any other votes for civs? looks like im gonna take Indians in a different PBEM so they aren't looking so hot anymore. Monarch or Emperor is fine with me.
          I changed my signature

Comment

I made a few adjustments, we are Carthage and it is 80% water. Our start is enough to make even the most solid man shed a tear of joy! Two grassland cows, AND after moving, we find dyes in our forest!

BTW it is large and monarch.
            Attached Files
            I changed my signature

Comment

Upon further investigation we find another dye and another cow!

Some jungle needs chopping, we are industrious though, and have many cows to fuel us.

I'll shut up now and play it.
              Attached Files
              I changed my signature

Comment

Signing up if I may.

Prince Beta of Carthage.

Great concept btw.

(What would also be interesting is two teams of 4. Playing the same game in this format. With no formal chatting between the players. And no checking the other thread. Sort of a merge between Gamecube's ingenious idea, and AU601.)
                Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war .... aw, forget that nonsense. Beer, please.

Comment

If you had to describe the Carthagians in a few words, they would be "Utterly Supreme", but that is the wrong way to go!

Chief Carthage Gameis surveyed the land, some of his people were being left behind at the herd of cattle to start a road to the new settlement. After traveling northeast for a day Chief Gameis told his people to start construction. His scientists began researching ways to preserve food. Scouts reported dyes to the northeast, and another herd of cows to the north. Soon the road to the southern herd was complete and the workers began to irrigate the grasses to make them taller for the growing herd. A warrior was built and sent off to discover more the world. The workers then made a road to the herd northwest of the first, and then were sent to build a road to the dyes as a second warrior was enlisted to defend Carthage. Carthage Gameis ordered blocks to be made for the granary which his scientists had nearly put the finishing touches on. During his reign Carthage Gameis had met 4 other trides, the Americans, the Germans, the French, and the Russians. Through a series of shrewd deals Gameis Carthage managed to obtain a technological and financial lead over ALL the other tribes, without even giving the secrets of Alphabet. Carthage Gameis, Father of Carthage, died in his sleep just a day before he could see his granary completed.

Sent to his successor.

Remember to give your E-mail to who sends to you.
                  I changed my signature

Comment

paddythescot PARTYAT vtown PARTYDOT com PARTYAT au

Carthage to the max - excellent work Cube
                    I am of the Horde.

Comment

Originally posted by Beta

(What would also be interesting is two teams of 4. Playing the same game in this format. With no formal chatting between the players. And no checking the other thread. Sort of a merge between Gamecube's ingenious idea, and AU601.)
                      maybe after this game we can look at this idea

get young Rommel in as the Adjudicator
                      I am of the Horde.

Comment

Should we just play te game as we see fit, or make some strategic decisions by vote? More precisely, do I start preparing for war when my 20 turns come?
                        Seriously. Kung freaking fu.

Comment

Originally posted by Modo44
                          Should we just play te game as we see fit, or make some strategic decisions by vote? More precisely, do I start preparing for war when my 20 turns come?
                          sounds good

anything you want left as a legacy for your efforts
                          I am of the Horde.

Comment

hmmmm, allrighty.... I'll give it a go
                            Your armtwisting pushes me over Paddy...

Would I need to be in the other game? I must admit I've read the thread here.... Or would I now be excluded in any game? That would get me out of a armtwist as well..
                            don't worry about things you have no influence on...

Comment

and off we go
                              Attached Files
                              I am of the Horde.

Comment

Working...
                              X