Tarzan PBEM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by alexman
    I hope you can at least abandon a city by building a settler/worker with no food surplus.
    According to Freid-Psitlolen, you can't.

I'll bump the Vesuvius thread and ask if captured cities are all auto-razed or what in multi-city elimination when I get the time. Have you played one of these out Krill?

1- I'd say both- even with the 1gpt tax you would still get a free shield and cultural borders, and elimination only would still allow large empires, just slowly growing, tight-knit ones.
    2- Modified corruption to further hamper the second case above
    3- I need to recheck governments in the mod...
    4- Would it be possible to just double or triple the frequency of game?
    5- Not
    Enjoy Slurm - it's highly addictive!

Comment

If there is enough interest for two games, I would propose starting another one more along the lines of what Sir Ralph initially suggested (or what I understood of it):

1. Terrain restrictions for city placement.
      2. Terrain restrictions for fastmovers.
      3. Everything else standard (maybe play with Chop/Plant Forest).
      I'd be more interested in that game, as well.
      Since there are plenty of folks interested in this one, perhaps I should bow out and wait for that one with Dom.
      "Just once, do me a favor, don't play Gray, don't even play Dark... I want to see Center-of-a-Black-Hole Side!!! " - Theseus nee rpodos

Comment

1 - both
        2 - modify corruption
        3 - AU mod is fine
        4 - What about allowing neither chopping forest nor clearing jungle, to preserve the natural obstacles? Should also further limit the settlement, nobody would want to put his precious cities even at the border of a jungle.
        5 - If 4 is approved, obviously not

Comment

On the AU mod, the government improvements look good. Most of the other changes don't bring much to PBEM except confusion to those less familiar with it, though. It won't bother me too much to use it here, but we should do something soon about an AU mod that doesn't concern itself with AI issues...

SR's last suggestion for 4 looks fine to me.

What about choosing/assigning tribes? Keshiks, Chasquis, and Conquistadors might not need their AU buffing, if they are allowed at all...
          Enjoy Slurm - it's highly addictive!

Comment

So we have 11 people interested in this type of game so far. I suggest we split these people in two groups right now, and then each group can fine-tune its own rules.

So it seems one group will play a relatively highly-modded game (corruption, citizen maintenance, elimination mode, AU mod), and the other group will stick to stock rules with some terrain restrictions.

Please state your preference. We also need one more player (or one player to play in both groups?). So far we have:

Mod group: Sir Ralph, Rommel2D, Krill, jshelr, Gamecube64, alexman

Stock group: Dominae, ducki, Aqualung71, Beta, snoopy369

Edit: added Krill, jshelr, and Gamecube64 to the mod group after receiving a word from them. jshelr prefers the modded game but would play in either. Also added Aqualung71, who doesn't care, Beta, and snoopy369 to the stock group.
            Last edited by alexman; June 12, 2004, 03:24.

Comment

Mods are applied to the map, right? If so sign me up for the modded.
              I changed my signature

Comment

I don't really mind, so since you're already over on the mod group, put me in the stock group.
                So if you meet me have some courtesy, have some sympathy and some taste
                Use all your well-learned politesse, or I'll lay your soul to waste

Re-Organisation of remaining C3C PBEMS

Comment

Stock group please.
                  Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war .... aw, forget that nonsense. Beer, please.

Comment

If you need another player, i'd happily play in either group. Both ideas sound interesting.
                    <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
                    I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Since we seem to be at 5 players for the second game while the first game is full, I've taken the liberty of asking Trip to join, just so my 1% chance of winning reduces to 0%

Comment

hey, well, my 0% chance just became -5%, so ...
                        <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
                        I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Trip can't do it. Anyone else?

Comment

ChrisiusMaximus had some bad luck and was just eliminated from the Europe in Flames PBEM at around 3000 BC, so he might be looking for another one.

Comment

I presume the "stock" game is not elimination mode?

Comment

It's up to you guys to decide.

Comment

Working...
                                X