Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Civ3: "Civer Edition"--How much would YOU pay?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

50-70$!! Thats about £40-50, as much as i probably will have to pay for the normal version over here in the UK!

Comment

If the regular game costs $50 and I buy it I will not buy the civer's edition.

However if the edition costs $70 and is bundled with an expansion pack with scenarios, units, bugfixes etc. I'll buy it.

More ideas for the Civers edition
      -Civ I and II bundled (or at least the 'classic' 1)
      -More units. (25)
      -More terrains. (10)
      -More planets ('worlds'). (2)
      -->Visit CGN!
      -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

Comment

50% + (original price) is my reasonable limit I think... Who knows for a game of such magnitude/impact in the gaming industry one day it will probably be worth a whole lotta $$$ and it would probably be showcased in some gaming museum on a primitive/ancient (even by today's standards) Intel based box running a Windoze Operating System (OS = oxymoron)...

------------------
        only human...sigh

Comment

I will give you 2 cities, and 3 technologies of your choice simply for the chance to preview this game.
          "Some people are alive simply because it's illegal to kill them."

Comment

Hi.

Since I have Civ 1 dos, Civ 1 win, CivNet, Civ 2, Civ 2 MGE, and TOT, I would buy a deluxe version of Civ 3, and paid what ever. I also have C&C T.S., and the figure what very nice. If Firaxes read this, I would remommend the deluxe version be a preorder only to see if it would worth it, to put into stores.

------------------

Comment

Most of us probably already have all the versions of Civ... I'm only missing CivNet and MPG...

I dunno about a "Civver's edition" we probably already have all the older Civ games. Now, a plastic settler figure, I would pay for...
              *grumbles about work*

Comment

Civ3 is going to cost me a $1,000!

(yep, I'm not upgrading my P75 c/w 3x (!) CD until Civ3 comes out...)

So wtf is another $20 for a special edition? Zero, even the new computer is zero, compared to the $20,000 I could earn by working instead of playing Civ3.

Best MMORPG on the net: www.cyberdunk.com?ref=310845

An eye for an eye leaves the whole world blind. -Gandhi

Comment

Someone with a worst computer than me(p166)! Go to OT and post your specs!

But I think SS's point is good - I've got all the civ2 stuff except ToT (too non-civ feel), so there wouldn't really be much point of bundling the old games with Civ3.

------------------
                  No, in Australia we don't live with kangaroos and koalas in our backyards... Despite any stupid advertisments you may see to the contrary...
                  No, in Australia we don't live with kangaroos and koalas in our backyards... Despite any stupid advertisments you may see to the contrary... (And no, koalas don't usually speak!)

Comment

Wow, this is the thread that keeps on giving.

------------------
                    - MKL
                    "I'm OK. How are you? Thanks for asking, thanks for asking."
                    Shameless Plug: http://www.poetic-license.org
                    - mkl

Comment

Just thought I'd bring this back to the top after some recent interest in the idea...
                      I've been on these boards for a long time and I still don't know what to think when it comes to you -- FrantzX, December 21, 2001

"Yin": Your friendly, neighborhood negative cosmic force.

Comment

I woundn't pay anything. I have the games already and are playing them still.

Now throw in the source code for I and II, you might have something there.

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by yin26 on 05-03-2001 04:02 AM
                          Just thought I'd bring this back to the top after some recent interest in the idea...

Yin26 - I have nothing against a nice thick Civ-3 "collectors-" or "Civers edition" whatsoever! On the contrary!

I however believe strongly that they are forced to start out with a Civ-3 standard-edition FIRST, to see if it sells as expected (at least beyond 1.5 million copies). There is so much money envolved, and a very real amount of financial risk-taking - and the company is so small. I say, progress slowly and wisely.

- First; the standard edition. If its sells as expected, then...
                          - At least 2 beefed-up scenario-addons after each other. If that sells...
                          - THEN, we can start talking about any "collectors-" or "Civers edition".

First things first, and one thing at a time - thats what I say.

[This message has been edited by Ralf (edited May 03, 2001).]

Comment

I'm diffently going to buy Civ III the day it comes out. I would rather just have the normal stuff that will come with the game and pay my $40-$50 instead of having to pay around $70 for just a couple of crappy extras put in the box just to lure some sucker into spending $20 more.
                            However, it is difficult to believe that 2 times 2 does not equal 4; does that make it true? On the other hand, is it really so difficult simply to accept everything that one has been brought up on and that has gradually struck deep roots – what is considered truth in the circle of moreover, really comforts and elevates man? Is that more difficult than to strike new paths, fighting the habitual, experiencing the insecurity of independence and the frequent wavering of one’s feelings and even one’s conscience, proceeding often without any consolation, but ever with the eternal goal of the true, the beautiful, and the good? - F.N.

Comment

I would pay extra, definately. Depending on what exactly extra is included, up to 15-20$ more for just novelty stuff, up to 50$ more for really good extra's.
                              -connorkimbro
                              "We're losing the war on AIDS. And drugs. And poverty. And terror. But we sure took it to those Nazis. Man, those were the days."

-theonion.com

Comment

I wouldn't pay anything extra - I already have Civ and Civ 2 and posters, figurines, letters, etc. I just don't care about.
                                Rome rules

Comment

Working...
                                X