Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Civ3: "Civer Edition"--How much would YOU pay?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If I see a demo or the actual game and can tell that the game meets the Civ III expectations, then I would probably be willing to pay close to $70 for it plus the 'extras'.

Maybe we could see a separate forum on what items people would like to see in these 'extras', and then vote on them, similar to the new ideas and fixes for Civ III a few months back.

WWAAZZAAAAAAAAAAPP!!!! (back at ya sammyboy7)
    Z

Comment

I would expect a map of the world to be in the normal Civ3 packet. About the historic proposals, buy yourself a good history book/atlas and you've got something much better. About that Sid/Jeff letter: they're just humans, you know, not gods. Not worth the money.
      Contraria sunt Complementa. -- Niels Bohr
      Mods: SMAniaC (SMAC) & Planetfall (Civ4)

Comment

I want to see it include a bad ass *POSTER*! Did anyone here ever buy Romance of the 3 Kingdoms 3? Inside was a big fold out poster that was the best game art EVER.

I mean it just ruled this poster was that good. I haven't played the game in 7 years, but still have the poster on my wall. One one side is a map of China, and on the other is a kind of "box art" montage of some of the more memorable characters, in striking poses, in the game.

How about it Firaxis? I can't imagine a "gamers pack" without a collectible poster!?!?

Comment

How about this:

Thay could put all the games, the music, and what ever extras they could come up with on a single DVD disk, and then put a real tacky interface on it to start up your favorite version of the game, view the editors notes, watch the How-They-Did-It movie or what ever...

Comment

The point of a thank-you letter isn't that they are Gods but that it 1) Gives them a chance to thank fans and 2) Becomes part of a collectible package. However, if all these things are donely cheaply (as with UIX), then it backfires.
            I've been on these boards for a long time and I still don't know what to think when it comes to you -- FrantzX, December 21, 2001

"Yin": Your friendly, neighborhood negative cosmic force.

Comment

thanx, bill3000
              btw ( ) *picks up phone* havin a bud, watchin the game. wait... wat game are you watchin, gearyman?

Comment

I think a map of the world would be definitely necessary in the originial package, but this kind of expansion should include maybe a map of all five continents, a few scenarios for all of them and why not some mod packs (BTW, I think civ3 should allow more easy use of MOD packs). I think for an expansion, I'll probably won't go over 35-40$.
                [This message has been edited by general_charles (edited April 24, 2000).]
                -- Capitalism slaughterer --

Comment

quote:

What would I want to see inside it?:[list][*]A game CD with a cool map of the world on it.[*]Civ1 and 2 on a special "Civ Collector's" CD, with the original manuals in .pdf format (only if some deal could be struck with Microprose, of course).[*]A cloth map of the world (or a great fold-out with cool historical facts and a timeline on the back).

Instead of a cloth world map, I think a cloth Tech tree and units roster is better (and more useful). I always play on random maps anyway. :-)

------------------
                  Thunderfall
                  Webmaster of Civilization Fanatics' Center @ Strategy Gaming Online
                  [This message has been edited by Thunderfall (edited April 25, 2000).]
                  Thunderfall
                  Civilization Fanatics' Center
                  http://www.civfanatics.com

Comment

Yeah, love the idea and I would pay $70 for it. Specially like the idea of the pewter figures. I would also like more info, in the form of a booklet, on the Wonders. Ok, some are well known, but the war academy was new to me.
                    Also a decent theme pack that actually worked and didn't crash the computer would be a pleasant bonus...

Comment

Hello!
                      I want to buy things that are useful to me. I can't think of any good use for a pewter figurine for a computer game. I won't give a dime, on the contrary, I'd be annoyed about the stupidity.
                      Bye, Dirk
                      "Dirks and Daggers."
                      Bye, Dirk
                      "Dirks and Daggers"

Comment

Just the thing I need... how nice.

Comment

The number one consideration is that it would have to be available at the same time the standard version is released. It ****s me up the wall when companies do stuff like this 6 months later, after all the die-hard fans have bought it in the first few weeks. This happens all the time with CDs as a marketing ploy, rather than giving extras to the real fans.

I'd be willing to pay extra for some goodies, but I want to be able to do it when I originally buy Civ3. Otherwise frustration is bound to insue!

- MKL
                          - mkl

Comment

If they were smart they would issue a deluxe version 1 week before the standard one,get the retailers some cash and get the hardcore people the best product.Since Hasbro is the parent company it would more likely include a rare collectible card,like their Pokemon product. I would certainly pay high dollar for a kewl version of the game, up to $100

Comment

Thank the fans they can (have to) also do in the Credits.
                              Contraria sunt Complementa. -- Niels Bohr
                              Mods: SMAniaC (SMAC) & Planetfall (Civ4)

Comment

A note to Civ 3 game makers,

Make a great game but don't charge too much for it. I am not a thief but I know many who are. If you charge to much for it people will just burn it. If you charge a reasonable price then people will pay for it. Possibly have a CD key to play online (such as half life does for counterstrike-Sierra game). I have my university marketing degree so if you are looking to hire marketers for this game (or any others) feel free to email me at eaglewashere@hotmail.com.

Looking forward to the game, Eagle Scream.

PS: In my humble opinion I suggest having the combat options as you have in Master of Orion 2 in the game please.

Comment

Working...
                                X