Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

quote:

Originally posted by monolith94 on 02-14-2001 09:23 PM
    Hey Mark G why don't you post a pic of the Civ 1 Palace so people who don't know it can get to see it in all it's beauty and grandeur!
    we dont have a screenshot of the palace in our civ1 section
    i'll have to find where i've got my civ1 disks

Comment

I shut that stuff off (the palace, the throne room, the interludes, the monuments, what have you). It gets in the way of managing and ruling my empire; I don't need some special screen to tell me I am great, just look at my civ!

Comment

I'd like the throne room again, but with a few changes, most importantly I want to be able to see the throne rooms of other leaders as a major part of the diplomacy screen, I'd love the chance to dictate terms to ceasar while he's sitting on a rock in a ratty throne room. lol

Comment

Come on, guys! >:P Are you affraid that Firaxis innovate? Most of you are asking for a Palace and a Throne Room again! Palease!!! You should incite them instead on making something that will awe us, something that we can say "Yes! This really reflects the grandeur of my civilization!".

In my not-too-humble opinion, I bet you won't be working for them in your life time, if you're narrow minded!

Hey guys, I still love ya! If you're oppinion didn't matter, I wouldn't be here.
          "BANANA POWAAAAH!!! (exclamation Zopperoni style)" - Mercator, in the OT 'What fruit are you?' thread
          Join the Civ2 Democratic Game! We have a banana option in every poll just for you to vote for!
          Many thanks to Zealot for wasting his time on the jobs section at Gamasutra - MarkG in the article SMAC2 IN FULL 3D? http://apolyton.net/misc/
          Always thought settlers looked like Viking helmets. Took me a while to spot they were supposed to be wagons. - The pirate about Settlers in Civ 1

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by Chaos Warrior on 02-15-2001 10:21 AM
            What do they have in CTP2 instead?

Chaos, CTP2 doesn't have anything (no throne room/palace/what not) nor does it have the counsel/advisors screen.

[This message has been edited by wittlich (edited February 16, 2001).]

Comment

Call me a traditionalist, but I just like the palace. I'd like to see brand spanking new graphics, and more (potentially silly) customisation options. Following the thread of this increasingly petty whim, how's about a 3D spinny-rotatey palace, complete with tour function?
              A fact, spinning alone through infospace. Without help, it could be lost forever, because only THIS can turn it into a News.

Comment

Why a poll on this issue? It would have been better to have a poll on say, future techs, or resource system, or just about anything else.
                Rome rules

Comment

This is kind of off topic, but I found out in Civ2 when I was "waiting" some of my units I accidentially pressed "q" and it makes the throne room upgrade thingy whatchamacallit automatically and you can do it over and over until it's fully upgraded.

Comment

Give me a palace anyday, noone likes that crappy throne room

Comment

Don't tell us you lost your civ 1 disks mark! Nooooo! I should find mine, too, for a bit of nostalgia gaming.
                      "mono has crazy flow and can rhyme words that shouldn't, like Eminem"
                      Drake Tungsten
                      "get contacts, get a haircut, get better clothes, and lose some weight"
                      Albert Speer

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by skywalker on 02-17-2001 09:12 PM
                        This is kind of off topic, but I found out in Civ2 when I was "waiting" some of my units I accidentially pressed "q" and it makes the throne room upgrade thingy whatchamacallit automatically and you can do it over and over until it's fully upgraded.

You mind describing that in more detail? I tried to do that but it didn't work.

I'm consitently stupid- Japher
                        I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

To DrFell: I beg to differ.

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by Chaos Warrior on 02-15-2001 10:21 AM
                            What do they have in CTP2 instead?

The option was removed in Ctp2

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by Theben on 02-18-2001 05:14 PM
                              You mind describing that in more detail? I tried to do that but it didn't work.

You have to have cheatmode enabled, then you press "q"
                              and you get a free upgrade.
                              No Fighting here, this is the war room!

Comment

The palace was cooler because you could mix and match styles. (Hmmm, shall we visit the arabesque wing or the gothic wing? Senator Peter Murphy? Oh, the gothic wing then!) The "forbidden city" (that name's a new one on me) stunk on ice. I'll probably just turn it off - unless the palace has some really cool styles to blend! (Its a gothic cathedral on the right, neoclassical in the center, and don't forget the IM Pei wing recently installed . . .)

Comment

Working...
                                X