• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• POLL 16: "Throne Room or Palace?"

poll closed

results on second page

[This message has been edited by MarkG (edited April 10, 2001).]

Word of the week: "Fordbiden"

Meaning: Told to carry out or perform an action or service by one's local Ford automotive dealer.
    Lime roots and treachery!
    "Eventually you're left with a bunch of unmemorable posters like Cyclotron, pretending that they actually know anything about who they're debating pointless crap with." - Drake Tungsten

Comment

spammer!

Now this is quite a nice subject. I like it. One of the funniest features in CIV was the Palace, that was shamelessly replaced ba the rather silly Throne Room feature. Well, I go for PALACE, outside architecture is more fun than inside one

Comment

erm.. what are they using in CTP2, actually?

Comment

I found the throne room and the like fairly boring. I hope we get the palace back again.

Comment

I would not care even if niether of these features made it into Civ3. I always turn the feature off anyway.
            Rome rules

Comment

here's how the forbidden city looked

[This message has been edited by MarkG (edited February 14, 2001).]

Comment

Sorry about the previous post, it's hard for me to contain vocab humor

Anyway, I think the CTP system of the "forbidden city" was bad simply because it was so linear. The CivII system was much better, enabling you to combine different looks and feels. I can't really judge Civ1 since I didn't play it much, but I think overall the system that allows the most freedom of choice is the best system, unless it makes me design my own graphics and such. Most players would be too lazy for that!

------------------
                "Any shred of compassion left in me was snuffed out forever when they cast me into the flames..."
                - Marsil, called the Pretender
                "Eventually you're left with a bunch of unmemorable posters like Cyclotron, pretending that they actually know anything about who they're debating pointless crap with." - Drake Tungsten

Comment

And the people spake: "Let there be palace!"

And the great Firaxis gods heeded, and it was so.

And Civilization begat Civilization 2, and civilization 2 begat SMAC, and Cain begat CTP, and Civilization begat again, this time bringing forth the holy one, the messiah, Civilization 3. And there was much rejoicing.

And it had a palace.

Hey Mark G why don't you post a pic of the Civ 1 Palace so people who don't know it can get to see it in all it's beauty and grandeur!

While the throne room had more diversity then the forbidden city, the palace had even more, because you could choose three entirely different styles!!!
                  "mono has crazy flow and can rhyme words that shouldn't, like Eminem"
                  Drake Tungsten
                  "get contacts, get a haircut, get better clothes, and lose some weight"
                  Albert Speer

Comment

Sorry, but I want something new, as I already wrote in other posts (and just for sake of easy reference I rewrite in short here).

I vote for a long list of age-related improvement, from gardens to castles, from statues to paintings, from city renamed to your leader name to special buildings (highest tower of the world, longest bridge, new modern hospital or university, etc.).

You can see it as lot of icons (easy to customize, you MOD fans ) in a interactive part of civilopedia that show them as they progress, with a bit of descriptive text.

It will be like a "The Great Book of your leader name here Dinasty" or "The Great Book of your civilization name here Civilization".

Add a "Save Book as Html" and you get a Permanent Diary to proudly show to friends and players.

------------------
                    Admiral Naismith AKA mcostant
                    "We are reducing all the complexity of billions of people over 6000 years into a Civ box. Let me say: That's not only a PkZip effort....it's a real 'picture to Jpeg heavy loss in translation' kind of thing."
                    - Admiral Naismith

Comment

What do they have in CTP2 instead?

Comment

Personally I liked both the palace and throne room, so I would not mind either though I deffinatley want something like it in the game

------------------
                        I have walked since the dawn of time and were ever I walk, death is sure to follow
                        I have walked since the dawn of time and were ever I walk, death is sure to follow. As surely as night follows day.

Comment

IF CIV 3 DOESNT HAVE THRONE ROOM WITH IMPROVED CURTIANS I REFUSE TO BUY THE GAME!!!

just joking, but seriously these little triffles have nothing to do with the game. It is ok if you like it but comon is a poll needed? I think there is alot more pressing issues to most of us civers that could be polled on.

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by BRENNANonTHEmoor on 02-15-2001 01:52 PM
                            I think there is alot more pressing issues to most of us civers that could be polled on.

I concur.
                            Rome rules

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by BRENNANonTHEmoor on 02-15-2001 01:52 PMI think there is alot more pressing issues to most of us civers that could be polled on.

Well, okay... what's your idea then?

Anyway, I think the Throne Room is an excellent part of the civ ambiance that just makes the game that much richer.

------------------
                              "Any shred of compassion left in me was snuffed out forever when they cast me into the flames..."
                              - Marsil, called the Pretender

Comment

Working...
                              X