Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NO MINI MOVIES????? WTF!!!??????

Comment

I can't believe they took away our mini-movies. That was one of _the_ COOLEST aspects of Civ II. You really got a sense of accomplishment when you built a wonder, reached Alpha Centauri, or felt the agony of defeat when they showed the archaeologists diging up your ruined civ after 1000s of years. Now all we get is the Brady Bunch leaders in their square all looking around making wiseass comments about you losing.

The space movie ending in Civ III is okay, but it's still not nearly as cool as Civ IIs.

Comment

Space Victory is okay, but everytime I win a SV my comp freezes then crash after the movie. Oh well. The only victory I haven't won is the Culture one. I'm sure it suckes too.
        Janitor, janitor
        scrub in vein
        for the $h1t house poet
        have struck again

Comment

haven't seen the space ending ... yet

Comment

SV movie is kind of nice. Cultural victory is hard. I've only been able to do it once since you virtually have to built all wonders in one city and milk the game for score before an AI civ wins.

If only the people who did the movies in SMAC had been rehired for Civ 3.

Anyway, back on topic. While I considered 'Impi horde' Shaka, 'Fair deal' Ghandi irritates me much much more.
            There's no game in The Sims. It's not a game. It's like watching a tank of goldfishes and feed them occasionally. - Urban Ranger

Comment

Noo, elizabeth! She always gets these huge world maps and then won't take any deals for them!
              "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Eschewing silly games since December 4, 2005

Comment

Interestingly, Shaka is always my most trusted friend. He never declares war on me. Its very strange.
                "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Eschewing silly games since December 4, 2005

Comment

Lucky me, I must be the only one who's never had problems with Gandhi...

Comment

Do you mean to tell me that there is only one other person out there who finds the Japanese as obnoxious as I do? With that said, I actually had a hard time picking. It's easier to pick my favorite civ as an ally (hence, my next paragraph)

I'm very suprised to see the "high score" for the Indians. I don't think I've ever been at war with them and in most of my games they've been trusted allies!

Comment

Originally posted by alva848

You just nearly mentioned them all
                      Guess the point then is that there's nobody that DOESN'T irritate.

and how come Zulu lead this poll and no-one (not even LordA ) says something bad about them?
                      I didn't mention the Zulu? Ah well, the irritation caused by them goes without saying IMHO. Their treacheary, and aggression are utterly legendary. Anyway, I force their golden age on them before it can be of much use, then wipe them out early. The last game I had them in, Persia wiped them out within 10 turns.

OH yeah, for me it is those r*tt*en ff** Impi's . and i alwayss start next to them!! damned
                      If you're using Persia and Babylon, they're bound to be next to you if you have Culturally linked starts on. Otherwise, its out of anyone's control.
                      "Corporation, n, An ingenious device for obtaining individual profit without individual responsibility." -- Ambrose Bierce
                      "Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." -- Benjamin Franklin
                      "Yes, we did produce a near-perfect republic. But will they keep it? Or will they, in the enjoyment of plenty, lose the memory of freedom? Material abundance without character is the path of destruction." -- Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Greece. dont trustem
                        Resident Filipina Lady Boy Expert.

Comment

Im beginning to think that each copy of the game has a "nice" AI built in. My reason is that Germany is always gracious towards me regardless of what civ I play, and you guys say the same thing about other civs.

Comment

Bah! Bismark always has his game face on. It's as if he's always wearing a bu77plug as he is always annoyed! The germans should be re-clasified to: Millitaristic and Extorsionist.
                            Janitor, janitor
                            scrub in vein
                            for the $h1t house poet
                            have struck again

Comment

Funnily enough, I have actually found the Germans to be loyal allies at times.

It all really depends on circumstance. If your military is weak, everyone will be trampling all over you. If you are strong, and can name a common enemy, even Germany, Zululand and Persia can be loyal allies.

That is in my experience anyway.
                              "Corporation, n, An ingenious device for obtaining individual profit without individual responsibility." -- Ambrose Bierce
                              "Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." -- Benjamin Franklin
                              "Yes, we did produce a near-perfect republic. But will they keep it? Or will they, in the enjoyment of plenty, lose the memory of freedom? Material abundance without character is the path of destruction." -- Thomas Jefferson

Comment

The lying and cheating Japanese, Zulus and French. Although they all have tasted my sword !
                                Excellence can be attained if you Care more than other think is wise, Risk more than others think is safe, Dream more than others think is practical and Expect more than others think is possible.
                                Ask a Question and you're a fool for 3 minutes; don't ask a question and you're a fool for the rest of your life! Chinese Proverb
                                Someone is sitting in the shade today because someone planted a tree a long time ago. Warren Buffet

Comment

Working...
                                X