Which Civilization Irritates You?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which Civilization Irritates You?

Preferrably one outside of your culture.
    That is to say; if you're Japanese, the Chinese and Indian are going to be by you; so either accept them or play as another Civ.

So which different cultured Civ irritates you?

For me, I have been playing as Japanese or Chinese and I absolutely loathe the lying French.
    Americans
    9.78%
    Aztecs
    4.35%
    Babylonians
    2.17%
    Chinese
    1.09%
    Egyptians
    3.26%
    English
    5.43%
    French
    4.35%
    Germans
    13.04%
    Greeks
    7.61%
    Indians
    7.61%
    Iroquois
    5.43%
    Japanese
    3.26%
    Persians
    7.61%
    Romans
    3.26%
    Russians
    3.26%
    Zulus
    18.48%
    Last edited by SlowwHand; June 17, 2002, 17:14.
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

England, Russia and China really tick me off... but England more then any of them.
    I drink to one other, and may that other be he, to drink to another, and may that other be me!

Comment

Xerxes is always stabbing me in the back. I mean always.
      No matter how big we are, what civilization I'm playing.
      In almost every game the persians betray me.
      I have no idea why.
      "In some of its more lunatic aspects, political correctness is merely ridiculous. But in the thinking behind it, there is something more sinister which is shown by the fact that already there are certain areas and topics where freedom of speech, in the sense of the right to open and frank discussion, is being gradually but significantly eroded." -- Judge Neil Denison

Comment

English, Aztec and China are bad too.
        This should be a multiple-choice poll.
        "In some of its more lunatic aspects, political correctness is merely ridiculous. But in the thinking behind it, there is something more sinister which is shown by the fact that already there are certain areas and topics where freedom of speech, in the sense of the right to open and frank discussion, is being gradually but significantly eroded." -- Judge Neil Denison

Comment

it's hard to capture the Greeks' cities early on because of those damn hoplites, that really pissed me off.
          CSPA

Comment

Gandhi is a real ****er as well. Backstabbing ****

CSPA

Comment

And you people are usually playing different Civs every time? Not one that has Persia in the culture, for instance?
              I agree though, about Persia. Not a lot of experience with Greece.
              Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
              "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
              He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Germans, I can't stand them! I'm not crazy about Aztecs either.

Comment

Nearly every game I've been next to the Americans, they've sneak-attacked me. So in the game, the Americans tick me off.

The Iroquois are much the same. They've sneak attacked me on many occasions as well (quite devastating since their Mounted Warrior carves up).

The Greeks have also been known to sneak attack me (and even declared war once when I was much more powerful, and demanded them to withdraw from my territory). They did however, provide very little resistance, and were quickly reduced to a three tundra town sized civilization.

The English just tick me off for no particular reason (I've yet to experience any sneak attacks from them). Egypt are much the same (unless of course I'm using them).

India are masters at backstabbing. They are however, not masters at fighting the war after their initial strike.

I guess that leaves Persia as the one who ticks me off most. Once, they entered my territory with two stacks of riflemen and Infantry that took five minutes each to move. They have backstabbed me every game. Difficult to fight them in the ancient era because their immortals are nearly unstoppable. Hard for me to fight them later because they build a HUGE military.
                  "Corporation, n, An ingenious device for obtaining individual profit without individual responsibility." -- Ambrose Bierce
                  "Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." -- Benjamin Franklin
                  "Yes, we did produce a near-perfect republic. But will they keep it? Or will they, in the enjoyment of plenty, lose the memory of freedom? Material abundance without character is the path of destruction." -- Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Originally posted by LordAzreal
                    I guess that leaves Persia as the one who ticks me off most. Once, they entered my territory with two stacks of riflemen and Infantry that took five minutes each to move. They have backstabbed me every game. Difficult to fight them in the ancient era because their immortals are nearly unstoppable. Hard for me to fight them later because they build a HUGE military.
                    Right, I forgot about the Persians. That Xerxes is a notorious backstabber. In my last game he invaded me with over 100 infantry/cavalry at a time. Thank God for modern armors and armies...

Comment

Xerxes is a pr*ck! Hes always picking on my poor little bowmen
                      "What can you say about a society that says that God is dead and Elvis is alive?" Irv Kupcinet

"It's easy to stop making mistakes. Just stop having ideas." Unknown

Comment

The Germans, Babs and the Russians are always the hardest civs for me to deal with. They are always trying to extort something and will go to war if the wind changes direction.
                        "In Italy for 30 years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed. But they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love. They had 500 years of democracy and peace. And what did that produce? The cuckoo clock."
                        —Orson Welles as Harry Lime

Comment

Greeks and the Germans are the worst in my games. Sneak attack after sneak attack! Extorsions too! Now I mass troops early on to wipe them out.
                          Janitor, janitor
                          scrub in vein
                          for the $h1t house poet
                          have struck again

Comment

The Aztecs are always aggressive and their UU is a real doosey early in the game.

Comment

The Germans are such a wartribe, they attack me every game! And their panzer kills me every time..

Comment

Working...
                              X