No announcement yet.

Which Civilization Irritates You?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Greeks. I used to hate Bismarck... well, I suppose I still do, but nowadays I beat him to the punch. Now I'M the crazy warmongering bastard. But Greece poses serious problems for my early forces. Therefore, I have to play nice with them until I have my Samurai.

Honorable mention to the Zulu and their (*#&%@#ing Impi.

-Arrian
    grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

i'm suprised no one picked the romans! they always seem to randomly become furious at me and then attack for no reason, despite my bribes.
      drones to the left of me, spartans to the right - here i am, stuck in the middle with yang

Comment

I picked Aztecs but in reality meant to pick Zulus instead. grr....

I'm surprised there weren't any obligatory postings saying CIV3 annoyed them most.
        "Just puttin on the foil" - Jeff Hanson

“In a democracy, I realize you don’t need to talk to the top leader to know how the country feels. When I go to a dictatorship, I only have to talk to one person and that’s the dictator, because he speaks for all the people.” - Jimmy Carter

Comment

germany. i play as them often, and they seem to know my "i hate you to begin with" attitude...
          "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."
          - Ender, from Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

Comment

I think that the overall AI in this game is the real evil...

The poll shold be "Which Civilization Does NOT Irritates You?"...

And them my vote would be null!
            -=[Arkanjuca]=-
            Nuking the hell...
            \o/\o/\o/\o/\o/\o/\o/

Comment

Germans. Their production bonus with quickly built barracks spells trouble early on. But woe unto you if you don't destroy them before the modern age... They will introduce you to the meaning of the word 'Blitzkrieg' with those d@mn panzers. And it seems Bismarck is always scowling at me no matter what, and ready to invade at a moment's notice.

Yeah if the germs are next to me I make it a priority to take them out first. Trust me...you DO NOT want a German golden age combined with Panzers, a production bonus, and troops that quickly become elite with that militarist trait.

-Apolex
              Last edited by Apolex; June 20, 2002, 09:56.

Comment

Don't trust Ghandi. He is a bloodthristy liar.
                Sorry....nothing to say!

Comment

Originally posted by LordAzreal
                  Nearly every game I've been next to the Americans, they've sneak-attacked me. So in the game, the Americans tick me off.

The Iroquois are much the same. They've sneak attacked me on many occasions as well (quite devastating since their Mounted Warrior carves up).

The Greeks have also been known to sneak attack me (and even declared war once when I was much more powerful, and demanded them to withdraw from my territory). They did however, provide very little resistance, and were quickly reduced to a three tundra town sized civilization.

The English just tick me off for no particular reason (I've yet to experience any sneak attacks from them). Egypt are much the same (unless of course I'm using them).

India are masters at backstabbing. They are however, not masters at fighting the war after their initial strike.

I guess that leaves Persia as the one who ticks me off most. Once, they entered my territory with two stacks of riflemen and Infantry that took five minutes each to move. They have backstabbed me every game. Difficult to fight them in the ancient era because their immortals are nearly unstoppable. Hard for me to fight them later because they build a HUGE military.
                  You just nearly mentioned them all

and how come Zulu lead this poll and no-one (not even LordA ) says something bad about them?

OH yeah, for me it is those r*tt*en ff** Impi's . and i alwayss start next to them!! damned
                  Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
                  Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

India, for being so peaceful they have a rather large army that they love to use to invade me. Also Persia, they invade me even when they have no army. they'll just send one unit to attack one of my cities and then sue for peace a few turns later. Finally the Aztecs, they don't inveade that often and usually keep to themselves but when whatshisname talks he says stupid things and when you pis$ him off he gets really ugly!!!
                    Thats another thing I can't stand that the so called "angry" faces that look like they just got the crap kicked out of them after being shot up with novacaine. t

Comment

funny, a lot pf you have problems with Germany... I've never had problems with them or the Zulus for that matter.

Comment

Generally, I hate all civs that occupy land.
                        "What can you say about a society that says that God is dead and Elvis is alive?" Irv Kupcinet

"It's easy to stop making mistakes. Just stop having ideas." Unknown

Comment

Yes, the Romans are sneakin' b1tch3s too! I tried one of the strats here I think by Vel or Arrian where you make every Civ polite/gracious towards you while you mass your troops to destroy one civ.

While I was placing all the troops I could muster at the other end of my empire to attack the aztecs the romans moved into the other end to attack me and take two of my cities. Talk about AI.
                          Janitor, janitor
                          scrub in vein
                          for the $h1t house poet
                          have struck again

Comment

never leave your back door open!

Comment

Yeah the Romans like that back door; don't drop the soap around them.

Too bad this wasn't a multi-check poll... most people have 2 or three nemeses. I would add Persians and Zulus to my list. The Zulus because they're always demanding something, then declaring war on me. And the Persians always seem to be on the other side of the globe, unchecked, getting huge. With their science advantage they're usually rivaling me for new techs and whoring them out to everyone except me.

Comment

lol, I didn't know that at that time. They were polite towards me and we were trading so I didn't think they were going to attack me. They were also the superpower at that time so I made sure they were happy.

In the end, I enlisted the help of the germans, the russians, and the greeks to reduces the romans to rubles. I then turned on the greeks with the help of the russians germans and russians. I won the game by domanition which is the lamest way to win. NO MINI MOVIES!!!!!!!!!!!
                                Janitor, janitor
                                scrub in vein
                                for the $h1t house poet
                                have struck again

Comment

Working...
                                X