No announcement yet.

Patch v1.17f

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lib: I can't review the patch because I took the game back. While I wait for the Gold Edition, however, I await your crystal-clear reviews.
    I've been on these boards for a long time and I still don't know what to think when it comes to you -- FrantzX, December 21, 2001

"Yin": Your friendly, neighborhood negative cosmic force.

Comment

I await your crystal-clear reviews.
      I think you meant to a lol smiley and not a regular smiley, am I right?
      However, it is difficult to believe that 2 times 2 does not equal 4; does that make it true? On the other hand, is it really so difficult simply to accept everything that one has been brought up on and that has gradually struck deep roots – what is considered truth in the circle of moreover, really comforts and elevates man? Is that more difficult than to strike new paths, fighting the habitual, experiencing the insecurity of independence and the frequent wavering of one’s feelings and even one’s conscience, proceeding often without any consolation, but ever with the eternal goal of the true, the beautiful, and the good? - F.N.

Comment

Originally posted by ACooper
        Seems legit. This is great news. But at a .01 increment I wonder what it will fix.
        I think its going to stop people from captureing 100s of workers and building 2000 pop cities.
        I drink to one other, and may that other be he, to drink to another, and may that other be me!

Comment

I would not expect group movement in this next patch. Most probably, some bug fixes, more things added to the editor, perhaps a new way to fight corruption via an existing improvement, some tweaks on wonders and small wonders and better game performance overall. Let's wait and see.
          I watched you fall. I think I pushed.

Comment

i hope they don't put in those CD-protection crap this time. Last time they did it, and the game stopped working on my CD-R. So I gotta play it on my mom's PC where she has a CD-ROM.
            The whole cd-protection thing is just silly, because people can hack it no matter what. I had to modify the original .exe file, because the game freeze the moment I try to run it from my CD-R.
            ==========================
            www.forgiftable.com/

Artistic and hand-made ceramics found only at www.forgiftable.com.

Comment

Originally posted by Dida
              i hope they don't put in those CD-protection crap this time. Last time they did it, and the game stopped working on my CD-R. So I gotta play it on my mom's PC where she has a CD-ROM.
              The whole cd-protection thing is just silly, because people can hack it no matter what. I had to modify the original .exe file, because the game freeze the moment I try to run it from my CD-R.
              If a player has a legit version of the game, there's nothing wrong with getting a cracked exe from say gamecopyworld.com although those exe's are from fully cracked games, if you use the exe with the legit game you won't have to worry about the CD being in the drive. I did that, in fact... why should I tie up my CD-rom drive to play the game?
              MonsterMan's Mod: http://www.angelfire.com/amiga/civ3/

Comment

Originally posted by Dan Magaha FIRAXIS
                You can specify player starting positions, as you always could. The ability to assign a specific civ or player to that starting position has not been implemented as of v1.17f.

Dan

It doesn't really matter (to me), there are stand-alone utilities that lets us do this, so I'm happy you focused on bugs instead. But for a future patch, it would be very convenient when playing on maps of Earth ; )
                MonsterMan's Mod: http://www.angelfire.com/amiga/civ3/

Comment

Originally posted by yin26
                  Lib: I can't review the patch because I took the game back. While I wait for the Gold Edition, however, I await your crystal-clear reviews.
                  Hm I am too lazy to dig for some of your exchanges that date to the time before Lib switched over to the Dark Side

Comment

CD protection is useless and annoying. Everytime a patch for a game is released I wait a few days to patch it until I have a crack for the update. Only in certain games (like Civ3) where I can't wait to try out the patch I have to try it from day one the patch is released But it will be annoying to have to have the cd in the drive for two WHOLE days (or how long it takes for them to crack it).
                    This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

I'm hoping that they fix the problem of all of my troops being vaporized when a city culture-flips. Take the conscripts and some regulars even, but give me back my veteran and elite troops who are not going to be assimilated regardless.
                      "I was a young man with unformed ideas. I threw out queries, suggestions, wondering all the time over everything, and to my astonishment, the ideas took like wildfire. People made a religion of them." - Charles Darwin

Comment

They can move each unit individually at speed of light.
                        Geez, you mean you have an optical computer? Like a cristal or so?
                        Mine is still electronical, move only at 2/3 speed of light [+ io time]
                        The books that the world calls immoral are the books that show the world its own shame. Oscar Wilde.

Comment

Is there any word on the AI trade bug? (where AI trades during the player's turn). I hope that is fixed.
                          /Cesa

Comment

I really hope that they've fixed more typos in the Civilopedia. That's far more important than things like a real scenario editor or MP or stack movement. I mean *COME ON*, priorties!!!

Cheers,

Dr. Charm

P.S. The word is 'sarcasm'.

Comment

Does the patch mean I won't be able to continue my saved game?

Tommy

Comment

Doubtful.

But if it keeps in line with the other patches, then the new patch won't take effect until you start a new game. You can play your old game without any problems.

My guess is that this "new" patch won't add much in terms of new options. It should fix all the errors from the last patch (too numerous to list here)...

Comment

Working...
                                X