Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Patch v1.17f

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showth...threadid=16208

Seems legit. This is great news. But at a .01 increment I wonder what it will fix.
    Sorry....nothing to say!

Comment

Be prepared for the picking apart and interpretation of every single word of the soon-to-be posted readme file. Also, get your flame retardant suit on for the outcry of the features that are not included. Wake me up from all of this noise when the expansion pack with the scenarios arrive.

Comment

"Ladies and Gentlemen, start you engines!"
        Sorry....nothing to say!

Comment

I wonder how long we'll have to endure the whiners parade? Hopefully people can be a little more mature in criticizing this next patch.
          signature not visible until patch comes out.

Comment

Oh, stop whining.
            "Entia non sunt multiplicanda praeter necessitatum." — William of Ockham

Comment

Originally posted by Haupt. Dietrich
              I wonder how long we'll have to endure the whiners parade? Hopefully people can be a little more mature in criticizing this next patch.
              How nice of you that you already started the whining about the whiners before the patch is even released
              In een hoerekotje aan den overkant emmekik mijn bloem verloren,
              In een hoerekotje aan den overkant bennekik mijn bloemeke kwijt

Comment

How nice of you that you already started the whining about the whiners before the patch is even released

Yeah, ain't in kewl?
                signature not visible until patch comes out.

Comment

Hell yeah, this is great news! I'm also happy to say that I was right when thinking that a patch would be released within the next month.

I can't wait to read the readme.txt tomorrow.
                  However, it is difficult to believe that 2 times 2 does not equal 4; does that make it true? On the other hand, is it really so difficult simply to accept everything that one has been brought up on and that has gradually struck deep roots – what is considered truth in the circle of moreover, really comforts and elevates man? Is that more difficult than to strike new paths, fighting the habitual, experiencing the insecurity of independence and the frequent wavering of one’s feelings and even one’s conscience, proceeding often without any consolation, but ever with the eternal goal of the true, the beautiful, and the good? - F.N.

Comment

Originally posted by Haupt. Dietrich
                    Hmm, how about forever?

The game has been out over three months and some people like yin, AH, Libertarian, etc, are still *****ing about the game itself so don't expect them to stop whining anytime soon.

At least until they decide to get off their collective duff's and MAKE a game exactly how they want. Otherwise all they'll ever do is whine, gripe and moan.

Comment

I see nothing wrong with people raising legitimate concerns about the game... even months after it's release.

Face it... (and I do enjoy the game) there are problems with it...
                      Granted, there will never be agreement on every feature or lack of a feature... that's personal opinion... But the so called "whiners" raise valid points about many problems that I think most of us can agree with. (I will still disagree with how they go about it )

So I look forward to seeing the readme file... and I look forward to continual discussion on what still needs to be done to make Civ III a game that all of us can agree is better than Civ II.

This patch will not address every concern we have... and will probably not answer many specific points that have been raised...
                      But Firaxis is continuing to support the game... and that's good enough for now.
                      Keep on Civin'
                      RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

I just hope that Yin and I, along with the other level-headed posters/players, will not be the only ones who review the patch with open minds.

Comment

Originally posted by Libertarian
                          I just hope that Yin and I, along with the other level-headed posters/players, will not be the only ones who review the patch with open minds.
                          I agree... I hope BOTH sides of the waring factions look at it with an open mind. But I also hope that everybody doesn't expect this patch to solve everything. It won't. (If it does, I will be in a state of shock) As long as they continue to work on the game, hopefully, most of the stuff we want will be included.
                          Keep on Civin'
                          RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Originally posted by Libertarian
                            All of us open minded people will have a fair and honest review of the patch.

As for the others who don't own the game or claim to have uninstalled it, I'm not sure what help they can be.
                            Sorry....nothing to say!

Comment

Originally posted by Ming

I agree... I hope BOTH sides of the waring factions look at it with an open mind. But I also hope that everybody doesn't expect this patch to solve everything. It won't. (If it does, I will be in a state of shock) As long as they continue to work on the game, hopefully, most of the stuff we want will be included.
                              The only thing I'm expecting, based upon a credible source, is group movement. I will continue to be fair and honest in my assessment of the game and the company.

Comment

Working...
                              X