Patch v1.17f

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Libertarian
    The only thing I'm expecting, based upon a credible source, is group movement. I will continue to be fair and honest in my assessment of the game and the company.
    I hope your credible source is indeed credible. Group movement is high on my wish list. That alone would "make my day"
    Keep on Civin'
    RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

I believe that I'm safe in saying that my source is considered highly credible among the critics and the sycophants alike. Due to ethical considerations, I cannot divulge his or her identity.
      "Entia non sunt multiplicanda praeter necessitatum." — William of Ockham

Comment

Who stated that it would be 1.17f? That doesn't sound like major changes.

(First patch = +0.05 to BIC version, +0.09 to Game version, and +0.14 to editor version)
        Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

Thunderfall.

Comment

Ming makes a powerful point. Full-blown scenario capability and MP would silence a lot of this noise. If one didn't like it as is, then fix it yourself! Until those of us who do like it can freely say that to critics like Lib, he has a legitimate case to make.

Lib, you've been awful nice today. I like it.
            No matter where you go, there you are. - Buckaroo Banzai
            "I played it [Civilization] for three months and then realised I hadn't done any work. In the end, I had to delete all the saved files and smash the CD." Iain Banks, author

Comment

Thank you. A dispassionate review of the record, however, will show that I have always been nice. My detractors were cruel.

Comment

Thank you. A dispassionate review of the record, however, will show that I have always been nice. My detractors were cruel.

ROTFLMFHO
                It's good to have you back, man.

Sorry....nothing to say!

Comment

The only thing I'm expecting, based upon a credible source, is group movement. I will continue to be fair and honest in my assessment of the game and the company.
                  Would group movement cut back on the late game drag? If it did,,,,I'd be pretty happy.....if it doesn't, its back to the virtual battlefront of combat mission. . .

I'm really hoping you are right............
                  Who is the captain of this fu#%ing ship?

Comment

Would group movement cut back on the late game drag?
                    It might help, but I doubt it will fix it.

Comment

They have fixed the AI try to build cities over and over again if the limit is reached problem, so it will not be as slow as before.
                      Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

Oh, stop whining.
                        LOL.
                        "I've spent more time posting than playing."

Comment

Originally posted by Gramphos
                          They have fixed the AI try to build cities over and over again if the limit is reached problem, so it will not be as slow as before.
                          Not sure what you mean.......but I think the fact that the comp can't stack units makes for a boring end game. There is nothing worse than sitting around waiting for the comp to make its move. If this patch can fix that, I'm in, if not I'll invest my weekends into something else.
                          Who is the captain of this fu#%ing ship?

Comment

Originally posted by Gramphos
                            Who stated that it would be 1.17f? That doesn't sound like major changes.

(First patch = +0.05 to BIC version, +0.09 to Game version, and +0.14 to editor version)
                            Actually, it has more to do with the fact that the first version of this patch we submitted passed QA than the scope of the changes. If it had required fixes, the next version submitted would have been v1.18f, and so forth.

Jeff

Comment

Group movement, if combined with sensible unit activation sequencing, will greatly ameliorate endgame tedium. Of course, I hope they also fix outright bugs, such as the bizarre reconnaissance overlap/kill.

Comment

It better have specify player starting locations.
                                "I've spent more time posting than playing."

Comment

Working...
                                X