This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by eRAZOR
    The editor, of course. Perhaps you should put this in your signature - would definitely save you some time
    if you cared to read what the response was about, someone asked how he could CUSTOMISE something....
    are you against customisation?
    Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
    Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
    giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

• Jaybe: LOL!

To whoever said I rebut every positive comment is just trolling. I have been open and honest about the things I like about Civ3. And if I'm 'annoying' to some of you, it's precisely BECAUSE I stay consistent with my message and don't go off on personal attacks.

This is annoying particularly to the people who want to blindly love a game that still needs some patching.

I am content to watch how things go.
      I've been on these boards for a long time and I still don't know what to think when it comes to you -- FrantzX, December 21, 2001

"Yin": Your friendly, neighborhood negative cosmic force.

Comment

• Originally posted by yin26
        This is annoying particularly to the people who want to blindly love a game that still needs some patching.
        live and let live yin....
        Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
        Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
        giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

• Re: What about Trade Bug?

Originally posted by Pachabel
          The patch looks very good, however, I didn't see anything mentioned regarding the trade bug where if you have a trade agreement with a civ that is wiped out by a third party, you get blamed for defaulting on the trade agreement.

I hope I missed it cause it's a huge bug.
          Post it on the official Apolyton Bug List
          "BANANA POWAAAAH!!! (exclamation Zopperoni style)" - Mercator, in the OT 'What fruit are you?' thread
          Join the Civ2 Democratic Game! We have a banana option in every poll just for you to vote for!
          Many thanks to Zealot for wasting his time on the jobs section at Gamasutra - MarkG in the article SMAC2 IN FULL 3D? http://apolyton.net/misc/
          Always thought settlers looked like Viking helmets. Took me a while to spot they were supposed to be wagons. - The pirate about Settlers in Civ 1

Comment

• Originally posted by Sauron07
            Im curious about the Great Lighthouse Change. Was the lighthouse not designed to allow ocean travel(ie was this a bug because I wasnt aware the lighthouse was broken)?

I think limiting galleys to sea square until navigation or magnetism are researched will really affect gameplay on Island or high water % maps. If you start out isolated on an island or small continent by the time you can get to those techs(especially researching them on your own without trading) you will be so far behind in tech if the ai's have contacted each other that it will be very difficult to catch up on higher difficulties and there wont be any unoccupied territory to colonize anyway.

Do others see this as a positive change? Im more surprised at it than upset, but am interested how other people feel about it.
            Yes I think also that the lighthouse bug should stay. The lighthouse looses a lot if that is removed.
            I also hope that the autoattack-if-close from SMAC(dont rember the correct name) will be implemnted.
            Anoter thing I am furios about is that settlers will walk(long distance autowalk) right into a square that have barbarians next to it or enemys.
            SMAC rules...

Comment

• Re: WHAT ABOUT THE FONT DISPLAY PROBLEM???

Originally posted by eclarkso

Can you say whether this will be the only fix? I happen to USE the Lucida font in Word documents...I'd like to continue to do so...
              I'm not sure, but I guess it'd be enough to rename the font(s), no problem in Civ3 and you can use them in Word.

Unfortunately I guess this means you will have to edit every old Word document so it uses the right font, but it might still be a solution.
              /Cesa

Comment

• Originally posted by zoyd

You've got 4 tanks ready to kill a lone infantry defending a city. Save game. Attack. Lose 3 tanks. Get mad. Reload. Lose 3 tanks again. Get mad. Reload. Lose 3 tanks again. Give up -- reload, wait a turn, and then watch a single tank absolutely decimate the infantry w/o losing a single hp.

That doesn't strike me as random. It was a FOREGONE CONCLUSION that infantry was immortal for the turn.
                This is a feature, not a bug. If you reload a saved game and do the exact same attack you did before the reload, the result will be the same. This is to avoid cheating by "saving/reloading until my unit win".
                /Cesa

Comment

• Originally posted by AustralianJeremy
                  I agree with you. It's actually like when SMAC wouldn't allow you to use 640x480. Frankly, with games like SMAC and Civ3 in which it would be EASY to support lower resolutions (you'd just see less terrain at once) - I can't believe that Firaxis would just BLOCK a large chunk of users out.
                  The irony of this is that you CAN see the terrain on 800x600 on the Civ Editor!
                  And trust me, you basically see the same terrain in 800x600 as in 1024x768.
                  This is a mystery that Firaxis seems to keep it sacred.
                  "BANANA POWAAAAH!!! (exclamation Zopperoni style)" - Mercator, in the OT 'What fruit are you?' thread
                  Join the Civ2 Democratic Game! We have a banana option in every poll just for you to vote for!
                  Many thanks to Zealot for wasting his time on the jobs section at Gamasutra - MarkG in the article SMAC2 IN FULL 3D? http://apolyton.net/misc/
                  Always thought settlers looked like Viking helmets. Took me a while to spot they were supposed to be wagons. - The pirate about Settlers in Civ 1

Comment

• Re: EnigmaticGod...Put a cork in it already!!!

Not that I don't agree with you, but they want you to buy their next game. Same reason hardware manufacturers release updated drivers long after the card is obsolete (like you can still get new Nvidia TNT2 drivers almost 3 years later).

Originally posted by ntyatecafe

Y'know, you did unintentionally bring up a good point. I'm sure that these fine folks at FireAxis have many other projects to work on right now, so why are they even wasting time building free patches for a game that is already making them money...hmmm, following that logic, they are losing a little money doing these patches...why? Because they care. They care what people think of their games, even whining insuggnificant no-goods such as yourself. Why else would they spend time reading and answering messages on a forum...why else would they spend time and money on building fixes for already released and sold games, instead of working on the next game that brings in a buck?

Comment

• Originally posted by MarkG
                      Venger, the next time you bypass the swearing filter, you'll be in Mingapulco for a week
                      I always thought Mingapulco was some place nice to be!
                      Gess not...

But it's kind of funny to see in an OT thread **** Chenney in place for, well, you know, his first name!

Sorry for the jacking...

Comment

• Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: More complaints

Not to get too too demanding, but on the occasion that you want to activate these workers, do you have to track them down? If there was some relatively easy way to do "activate all workers on pollution duty" that'd be cool.

Originally posted by Soren Johnson Firaxis

I am pretty sure that you can get the functionality you want out of your worker (re: pollution) once the patch comes out using shift+A. Using that command, the worker will auto-improve land, but they won't switch mines/irrigation or chop down forests. They will, however, clean-up pollution, then go back to cities and just wait for more pollution to appear. In this patch, automated units ('A' or shift+'A') will now skip their moves instead of waking up. Workers with "orders" (road-to, clean up pollution, build road network) will still wake up when done.

Comment

• Ships don't directly attack cities; they bombard. As there's no (AFAIK) artillery exchange when a tile with an artillery piece on it gets bombarded, I expect this won't happen.

Originally posted by ElitePersian
                          question: if i have an artillery unit fortified in a city that is being attacked by a ship, will it automatically attack the ship?
                          if it doesnt, i think it should cause ships are too effective on the coast.

Comment

• There's also the possibility that they were introduced when fixing more severe bugs. As in the cure being bad, but not so bad as the disease.

Originally posted by Simpleton

I guess but some of the bugs that they fixed seemed so obvious. I'm sure they were present long before the deadline ever approached and really should have been noticed and addressed at that time.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cesa

This is a feature, not a bug. If you reload a saved game and do the exact same attack you did before the reload, the result will be the same. This is to avoid cheating by "saving/reloading until my unit win".
                              Whilst this may be a noble attempt to solve the reloading issue, it's bull.

What if you never attacked with the tanks this turn? That means that the computer has calculated battles that never took place ... and I can't believe that the game would truly go through the entire map and pre-calculate every possibility.

That would be stupid.
                              Orange and Tangerine Juice. More mellow than an orange, more orangy than a tangerine. It's alot like me, but without all the pulp.

~~ Shamelessly stolen from someone with talent.

Comment

• Does anyone if the scenario-science advisor screen bug has been fixed. (you can't change research subjects in the advisor screen when playing a scenario). It's really annoying. Other than that: Good job Firaxis!

Comment

Working...
                                X