X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Barbarians need fixing

Originally posted by star mouse
    One other thing - once all the map is covered in cities, there's no more barbarians. Perhaps at this time barbarians should start spawning as Privateers on the ocean. All privateers look alike because their nationality is hidden, so this would make privateers more interesting to use....

That i would agree with Along with the privateers new attack rating of 2, they can actually do a bit of damage to you. If they could also land some barbarians near your cities too, it would make barbarians something to fear even in the later half of the games.
    I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

• Sorry Smellymummy, I guess I didn't understand when you wrote:

"I sincerely believe there are posters here who are with firaxis (i.e: work there...), but without the Firaxis status name, and have let stuff slip out."

That you ACTUALLY didn't mean people who were with Firaxis at all. My mistake.

V

Comment

• Originally posted by volcanohead
        Sorry Smellymummy, I guess I didn't understand when you wrote:

"I sincerely believe there are posters here who are with firaxis (i.e: work there...), but without the Firaxis status name, and have let stuff slip out."

That you ACTUALLY didn't mean people who were with Firaxis at all. My mistake.

V
        Yes I did mean people who are with firaxis. It's even in the post you quote... How else would they have access to the patch?

Comment

• Originally posted by yin26
          Yoda says, taking a deep sigh having had to state the obvious to too many these past 600 years:

"Automate sucks, it does. Programmed by swamp rats, it was."

good stuff
          Prince of...... the Civ Mac Forum

Comment

• So let me get this straight... you believe that there are people from Firaxis who are, in their spare time and unofficially (if it's official then they're being paid), feeding information about the upcoming fixes in various contrived ways... Am I getting the idea now? And you REALLY believe this?

V

Comment

• Re: I can't help but think Firaxians are complete idiots

Originally posted by EnigmaticGod
              Great....so uhhhh....where is the combat modification? Do warriors still beat our tanks? Thanks for increasing the probability of assimilation through culture too!! I just found that my cities didn't revert back very often. I mean when I take over a city of the AI, I don't want to keep that thing for 5 turns. Seriously, shouldn't that be around 1 turn or at most 2 turns? And I just love the tech cap change!!! 40 turns for republic!! I can't wait. And no more rush building wonders...simply brilliant!! 100 turns for a wonder is right up my alley. Any faster and I would think maybe I'm making progress in the game, but this way I feel like the game will go on forever, because as you know I just can't get enough of this game. I could go on and on, but somehow I don't think you really meant this game to be a big hit.
              You are a complete idiot. First, 40 turns is a maximum, you can still research them as fast as your economy will allow. WTH is that stuff about cities reverting quicker or whatever, you CANNOT know how it will work until you have played it. There is nothing about not rushing wonders in it, leaders are the way to do it, and always were.

Just go back to your RTS games if you don't have the patience for this kind of game.

Comment

• Dravin:
                Seriously though, why do you hang out here if you have returned the game? Are you looking for vengence?
                I plan to buy the Gold Edition if things are progressing well. Why not just check in once the Gold Edition is ready? Great question. Hmmmm, because I'm a masochist?

volcanohead:
                Why not give it another go with the patch?
                This is a good suggestion, of course. I plan to give the Gold Edition a good run if things look good. Or, if people get to a point where they think the patches have made a substantial change for the better, I might check it out (the game will be sold for a lower price by then, thereby easing my qualms). I think, though, the *big* patches will be the 2nd and 3rd ones. Those will really tell us where Firaxis is going. Anyway, I'll watch for your updates in the meantime.

d_dudy:

Thanked, you are.
                I've been on these boards for a long time and I still don't know what to think when it comes to you -- FrantzX, December 21, 2001

"Yin": Your friendly, neighborhood negative cosmic force.

Comment

• Originally posted by volcanohead
                  So let me get this straight... you believe that there are people from Firaxis who are, in their spare time and unofficially (if it's official then they're being paid), feeding information about the upcoming fixes in various contrived ways... Am I getting the idea now? And you REALLY believe this?

V
                  You kind of asked this already, and I've kind of answered it already.

Yes people from firaxis hang out here on apolyton, especially since the release of the game. Yes these same people post here.

Official or not, on pay or off, do you know how many people come and post/read here while at the office?

Feeding information? I said already no. It's just coming out. Obviously "they" - the unamed "they" - are civers, and obviously enjoy posting about there games and helping the community in general as much as any other decent civer.

Comment

• Thanx Jeff and Dan for the patch update.

Comment

• I would just like to add that, for a time, a certain number of people actually thought I was Sid. Hilarious! Then again, this could just be me trying to cover up the covering up of a cover up.

Ya never know ...
                      I've been on these boards for a long time and I still don't know what to think when it comes to you -- FrantzX, December 21, 2001

"Yin": Your friendly, neighborhood negative cosmic force.

Comment

• Hey!

I see that subs, paratroops, and Privateers now have the same attributes that I put into my Pre-Patch mod!

I feel good about myself... in some.. pathetic way..

Comment

• Originally posted by Anunikoba
                          Hey!

I see that subs, paratroops, and Privateers now have the same attributes that I put into my Pre-Patch mod!

I feel good about myself... in some.. pathetic way..
                          Well hey, that IS pretty cool...

Comment

• Originally posted by EnigmaticGod
                            I'm well aware they're not the corporation. But the way they handle complaints is to say "Don't like it, don't play it". Or "Don't like it, edit it". Did civ2 need to be edited and moded in order for it to be fun? Civ2 had a standard. A standard everyone used and played and enjoyed. This game doesn't. Also, Dan and the other guys don't really address the problems. They just deal with them. It's complete lack of commitment to the game. I've said it before, as soon as you say "nice patch" they'll say "Thanks, enjoy the game. We'll see you when civ 4 comes out."
                            You really are a jack@ss. You can't please everyone, and they clearly are working hard to balance the game and make it as fun as possible for everyone. PLEASE LEAVE if you are going to keep this crap up. You are not appreciated in this corner.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jahi

on grid mode it be nice if the city radius (not cultural radius) was highlighted a different color to help make it out (like civ2 when patched)

the ever requested multiplayer (play by email!)

thanks for the work.
                              I'd like to see the city radius highlighted too! Would this be difficult to add? it could be in the preferences (like show/animate moves) or in the grid mode as Jahi suggested.

I hope play by email is a multiplayer option. The perfect multiplayer ability for me would be the ability to play a game live/online for a few hours then continue by email until the next time all of the players have several hours free together.
                              ·Circuit·Boi·wannabe·
                              "Evil reptilian kitten-eater from another planet."
                              Call to Power 2 Source Code Project 2005.06.28 Apolyton Edition

Comment

• I don't want to tell anyone what to do, but maybe we should just let the idiotic comments of EnigmaticGod shrivel and die in some corner rather then requoting them 200 posts later...

V
                                Last edited by volcanohead; December 6, 2001, 00:33.

Comment

Working...
                                X