Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You are all Luke Skywalkers and I'm your Yoda.

Learn if you will.

Do. There is no try.
    I've been on these boards for a long time and I still don't know what to think when it comes to you -- FrantzX, December 21, 2001

"Yin": Your friendly, neighborhood negative cosmic force.

Comment

• Re: Re: Civilization III v1.16f Additions/Changes/Fixes

Originally posted by Gramphos

Is there a reason for this?
      Is there a limit currently?
      Well, that is probably to keep the game more stable and stuff I would guess. 512 cities is a huge number of cities. Civ 2 only allowed 256 cities and for that amount you had to deliberatly try to build that many cities practically. With 16 civs and a special pangaea map it might happen, probably not though because of cultural borders.

Comment

• OK Yoda, while you're here do me a favour and tell me why if you get bored of moving the hundreds of workers you have why don't you automate them? And don't say because the automate sucks for god's sake.

V

Comment

• Originally posted by sianews
          Patch my ass. Your saying only 1 out of the 5 biggest problems have been fixed, you've got to be kidding me

Remains
          1) Setting start locations via the editor still not possible?

Remains
          2) How was corruption tweaked? # of cities, distance from capitol, both?

Remains
          3) Anything done about AI unit shuffle?

Remains
          4)Fortress fix

Fixed
          5) Air superiotiy
          Jerk. Talk about biting the hand that feeds you. You are whining before you even get to play it.

The start locations thing isn't that big of a deal, and they are clearly working on it with the mods for grouping civs. Corruption was reduced, so that supposedly is no longer a problem. It sounds like some improvements that will help reduce ai shuffle are there(the stuff about not being able to infinitely delay war) but I doubt its completely gone. Fortress fix? WTF? Fortresses work for me, if you are talking about zoc. The units have to enter and adjacent square and leave, is it supposed to work differently?

Comment

• Yoda says, taking a deep sigh having had to state the obvious to too many these past 600 years:

"Automate sucks, it does. Programmed by swamp rats, it was."
            I've been on these boards for a long time and I still don't know what to think when it comes to you -- FrantzX, December 21, 2001

Comment

• i havent read through the entire thread, but I now know for sure that some of the people posting on this board are FIRAXIS.

Why?

Because of some comments and posts various individuals (yes more than one) have made, were clearly indicative that they had a game with unbroken features that are clearly being fixed with the upcomming patches.

Dan@firaxis has posted once something like "I tested your save and it worked fine..." then to only post shortly after stating "Sorry but it is a bug, the only reason it worked for me is because of the version I'm playing"

I say we, all apolyton users, do some undercover work

Comment

• I went back to May

I went back to the May preview, six months before release.

Civilization III Preview
                We catch up with Firaxis president Jeff Briggs to learn the latest on the next game in the Civilization series. FULL PREVIEW
                [PREVIEW - POSTED: 05/15/01]

GameSpot is the world's largest source for PS4, Xbox One, PS3, Xbox 360, Wii U, PS Vita, Wii PC, 3DS, PSP, DS, video game news, reviews, previews, trailers, walkthroughs, and more.

The preview pretty much matches the game. To be honest, there is mention that multiplayer is not in the game until they get the single play experience the best it can be, which I suppose they could not do and still do multiplay and release it this year.

That's not exactly a written promise, though.

Am I supposed to be finding something more inflammatory?

"Your overconfidence is your weakness." - Luke Skywalker. I think it fits, "Yoda."

Comment

• give a me the patch....give it to me....come on, don't fool around. Why are you messing with me? Come on, give it to me.....give it to me....give it or I'll a tell your mama!

Comment

• Originally posted by yin26
                    Yoda says, taking a deep sigh having had to state the obvious to too many these past 600 years:

"Automate sucks, it does. Programmed by swamp rats, it was."

Grrrr... Luke drop-kicks Yoda, Yoda performs a really rather beautiful parabolic curve before -splush- -bubble- bubble-

The automate doesn't do exactly what one would wish, but hell, I'd rather let them automate badly than waste 10 mins every turn and ruin the experience... But that's exactly Yoda's point, he wishes it to be perfect without having to spend that 10 minutes. How annoying.

Tell me Yoda, (good swimmer, he is) have you really stopped playing? Eh? I bet you haven't.... Sneaking a quick turn in every now and again? Fiddling with your 'workers'... Eh?

V

Comment

• The game is deleted and returned to the shop. I could easily have applied the no-cd crack, but it's not even worth playing for free. And if you are happy with automated workers that literally do nothing more than move back and forth, and if you think I'm asking for 'perfection' in seeing that fixed, then Firaxis is your kind of company, friend.

They give you two options: Handle the 100+ workers one by one to actually accomplish something productive in-game but to make you go blind in the process, or automate them and simply see turns consumed with workers going nowhere and doing nothing.

Brilliant. Nice options. You chose the: "I'd like to waste my time automatically." Cool.

As for the preview posted, there is indeed more inflammatory material out there. I look forward to the first people who find it.

Comment

• Two questions:

1. Do you prefer the PW of CTP then?

2. Are you still posting on these boards for purely social gratification, or do you see a time when Civ3 would be worth buying?

V

Comment

• Yin...Why do you even post here? All you do is whine and complain like a little baby. You might very well be the most annoying person here, does baby need a bottle?

Comment

• By the way, great additions with the patch fixes, it looks great and the game will be much more enjoyable with them, thank you firaxis

Comment

• 1) Well, an automated function that actually works well would be nice. PW was 'lifeless' but effective and quick. So I'd have to say that until the automated thing actually works or until somebody comes up with an entirely new and better system, yes, PW was much better (one of the few things I liked about CtP).

2) As I understand it, the x-pack won't be a standalone product. Thus, those of us unwilling to pay for the game two or three times (first in an unfinished state), are essentially forced until the Gold Edition comes, perhaps in early 2003?

By then, I have every faith that the community here (if they have been given the proper tools), will have made the game worth playing. The question is whether or not they will be given those tools ... thus, I am watching and waiting.

Comment

• Yin...Why do you even post here? All you do is whine and complain like a little baby. You might very well be the most annoying person here, does baby need a bottle?
                                C'mon. At least try!

Comment

Working...
                                X