Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windows ME

Well i was wondering if you can use ME whit Civ3
    Wish list for christmas: Supreme ruler of Earth, Make all people my slaves.

i dont see why not. it runs on 2000 and xp
    I spend most my money on Wine, Women and Song.. the rest i just waste.

Comment

Of course there is no problem. Firaxis have already answered questions on this and have stated that it runs fine on Windows 2000 where they did a lot of the programming and work on producing the game, that the same applies to Windows XP and of course no problems whatsoever with the Windows 9x line of operating systems (although now effectively dead)
      Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

IIRC, there was a thread by a fellow who had the game and had loaded it on two OSs, one being ME and the other 2000 I think, and he said it ran better on ME. I recall there was lots not any scientific research on which OS worked better here, he just sort of made the comment in passing. It sounds like it will run fine on ME.
        Question Authority.......with mime...

Comment

Right so you're saying it works on

Windows 9x
          Windows 2000
          Windows XP

None of them are Windows ME........
          A witty quote proves nothing. - Voltaire

Comment

ME uses the 9x kernel...
            Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
            I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
            Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

ME is 9x
              I spend most my money on Wine, Women and Song.. the rest i just waste.

Comment

Win ME sucks.

Comment

Originally posted by Rakki
                  Win ME sucks.
                  Actually it blows big hairry monkey balls...
                  "What do you think Abraham Lincoln would be doing if he were alive today? (1) Writing his memoirs of the Civil War. (2) Advising the President. (3) Desperately clawing at the inside of his coffin."

Comment

Win ME sucks.
                    Actually it blows big hairry monkey balls...
                    I'm glad at least a few people agree with me.

Win2000 baby!

Comment

Win2000 was pissing me off so much that I wiped and reverted to Win98 and now no trouble!!!

Comment

....Pissing....you....off....... Was you computer capable of running it properly? And did you update your drivers? How much memory do you have?

If you do/have the stuff above, it should work perfectly.

Comment

Not that it matters now, but I have a P4 1.7Ghz, 512MB RAM, 78GB HD, GeForce3 64MB, blady blady bla. My drivers were all up to date, everything was fine. I had compatability issues with some older games and the simplest solution was to revert to the universally recognised OS - Win98!

Comment

So Win2000 wasn't the problem. It was just the old games. Get it right

Comment

No, Win2000 is the root of all evil dumbass!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X