As for Canada being imprisoned in the shackles of imperialist
    slavery, about the only people that really suffered were the
    natives. Like America, Canada was isolated on a resource rich
    continent with no one to pose a true threat to its continued
    existence. America is about 10 times larger because of its
    warmer climate and easier access to important agricultural
    resoures. Canada was mostly independent from the economic ties
    that preclude imperialism because of its growing exports,
    domestic industry and intellectual capital.

CygnusZ is right about the dependency theory of third world
    development. The middle east can 'choose' to not sell oil to the
    west, but then the west can 'choose' not to give millitary,
    economic and monentary aid to the middle east dictatorships.
    Most of the supra-national bodies tasked with pulling these
    countries out of the mire of poverty have failed miserably
    and even nations that were formally flying high are now on the
    verge of economic meltdown.

Comment

I Love killing masses of people , but only if its eficient, if I have doubled production for 3 turns by working the city to death its not as good as having that city forever and producing forever...

What I always thought was a good idea was to just mass-conscript a new city to fill your front lines. What do you think?

Uber does sound childish, but isn't that like calling a bird bird-ish? I mean, is there anyone who dosent know he is 13-15?

However, I must admit ive been planing to Raze certain cities on sight, but not just for fun but for a reason, like being pink (J\K)
      "Nuke em all, let god sort it out!"

Comment

Originally posted by Admiral PJ
        Stalins russia, the german and japanese fascists had, and the chinese still arguably have, slave labor camps.
        You are wrong, there are no slave labour camps in china.... If you meant people sent to the fields during the cultural revolution, I regret to tell you that although thats inhumane it is not considered as "slave labour camps".......
        " I give you all my chocholate, I give you my Kit Kat, but when you got a tic-tac, you never give me back! " - Why you so like tat

Comment

Originally posted by Boliao

You are wrong, there are no slave labour camps in china.... If you meant people sent to the fields during the cultural revolution, I regret to tell you that although thats inhumane it is not considered as "slave labour camps".......
          I think he's making a refrence to the fate of the protesters at Tiennamen Square. It's arguable if they're slaves, though they should count as forced labor.

Comment

Originally posted by UberKruX [list=1][*]i was banned for showing people how to get around the swear filter[/list=1]
            Hey uber, here's one for you.
            Do you think if Dan from Firaxis (or anyone from firaxis) started circumventing the filter that they would get a one week stay in mingapulco? If so, the integirty of the board in treating all equal would likely drive off Firaxis personnel. On the other hand, if the board plays favorites (letting Firaxians stay but banning rank and file users) then we see that all in the Apolyton community are not equal under law.

Just something that was bothering me earlier.
            - "A picture may be worth a thousand words, but it still ain't a part number." - Ron Reynolds
            - I went to Zanarkand, and all I got was this lousy aeon!
            - "... over 10 members raised complaints about you... and jerk was one of the nicer things they called you" - Ming

Comment

i despise people that only wish to play the "good" parts of history.

the "golden ages" of every respective civ.

there's a large number of horiffic events throughout history, and i'm not one to ignore them.

and i'm im sick for thinking it, firaxis is sick for allowing it.

and they ADDED to my idea somewhat... i just wanted to kill off population and sell improvements, but they actually let us work them to death, increasing your army size.

death camps are, in my opinion, the best appeasement to warmongers in a game geared towards peaceful players.
              We are a bunch of sadists

seriously ... it actualy IS a good idea/option i like it!

"i despise people that only wish to play the "good" parts of history. "=>you're right , i also don't want to play "the good side" all the time... even inversely

this will be one of the best option's [and nobody forcess you to use it!]
              Win98 ERROR 009: Press any key to continue or any other to quit
              f**k the f****n f*****s!
              I'am realy enjoing not talking to you...
              let's not talk again REAL soon...

Comment

Oh boy! What a sick thread!

I love it.

Comment

Originally posted by The Negotiator
                  Oh boy! What a sick thread!

I love it.
                  nothing sick here! it's realistic to kill/force serfs and other Inhabitants [well it was couple of year's/centuries ago...]
                  Win98 ERROR 009: Press any key to continue or any other to quit
                  f**k the f****n f*****s!
                  I'am realy enjoing not talking to you...
                  let's not talk again REAL soon...

Comment

Originally posted by Mankind

nothing sick here! it's realistic to kill/force serfs and other Inhabitants [well it was couple of year's/centuries ago...]
                    Okay i agree with you.I love it still. That's something i have always wanted in civ. I hated it in the colonization when you hadn't even slaves. Whats american history without slaves.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lonestar
                      While America may have been Imperialistic in the past, it ain't a patch on the various West European powers, all the way up to the British landing troops in Sierra Leone, 1999.
                      Actually... oh I can't be bothered.

Comment

• I don't know if anyone has raised this point.....

The more atrocities the better IMO

Include all the atrocities (including Death Camps, Biological warfare and terrorist actions al. la. NY).

Because the AI would then be able to use these against you..
                        ...it can be very satisifying to play against the 'evil empire'.
                        tis better to be thought stupid, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt.

6 years lurking, 5 minutes posting

Comment

• The one thing about this death camp idea is. If you want that kind of realism, you have to take the concequences. All other civilized nations should immediately declare war on you and keep it up until you are eliminated or you eliminate them.

Comment

• Is everyone here psychopaths?
                            Das Ewige Friede ist ein Traum, und nicht einmal ein schöner /Moltke

Si vis pacem, para bellum /Vegetius

Comment

• I don't know about the others but I am usually quite sane. What's wrong with torturing and killing people. That's what history is like.

Comment

• History is history. People who think we shouldn't put atrocities like death camps into the game (albeit, not excessively) just don't want to hear about it. If everyone acted like it was "too terrible to mention," everybody would have forgotten by now and nobody ever would have confronted reality to explain why things like the holocaust happened. The game models history, who are any of you to edit history?
                                Lime roots and treachery!
                                "Eventually you're left with a bunch of unmemorable posters like Cyclotron, pretending that they actually know anything about who they're debating pointless crap with." - Drake Tungsten

Comment

Working...
                                X