Wonders of the World - the list of those that are in

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TechWins
    The Trading Company isn't a wonder because if you go here and click on the very bottom right pic you will notice there isn't a star on next to the trading company but there is a star next to the Sisting Chapel. Another wonder is the Delta House (what exactly is that?), go to the same link as above but now click on the very bottom left pic.
    Delta House is the city name

And in Gramphos's screenshot above, there appears to be a tall structure in the middle of the city. Is this the Great Library?
    Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

The *PENTAGON* is a wonder?
      Surely, this must be a misunderstanding of some kind, the whole idea seems rather silly.
      Where did we get this info from?
      http://monkspider.blogspot.com/

Comment

Solar System

Almost certainly a minor wonder.
        12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
        Stadtluft Macht Frei
        Killing it is the new killing it
        Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Perhaps "Pentagon" is simply one of the millitary academies that great leaders can build?

The image of the academy would change trough the ages and thats why it looks like the pentagon in the screenshot...

Or atleast thats my theory
          Last edited by Henrik; August 13, 2001, 12:16.
          No Fighting here, this is the war room!

Comment

Sistine Chapel - It was being built by Babylon in one of the Civ3 Screen shots (the one where the date was 1480 AD)

Comment

Originally posted by Snapcase
              It is the colossus. As Dan Magaha commented in another thread, the "standing over the entrance to the harbour" is an urban myth.
              That "urban myth" existed in historic times also; the Colossus-statue have always been portrayed with ships sailing between its legs. So the myth is not that urban.

Cleopatra, as an black african queen on the other hand...

Comment

Originally posted by Snapcase

"Delta House" is a reference to the 1981 (I think) movie National Lampoon's Animal House. It's a city name, as you may percieve. The star indicates which city is the capital and nothing else.
                Yes and if look at the Diplomatic screen you will see Foodking and Double secret probation

Comment

I thought I saw a building that looks like a Great Libary in one of the wallpaper images.

Comment

If you ask me, building the solar system is a colossal feat of construction
                    Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

If you ask me, building the solar system is a colossal feat of construction
                      Speaking of Erith:

Comment

So far we have evidence and proof of the following wonders:

Pyramids
                        Great Wall
                        Collusus
                        Lighthouse
                        Hanging Gardens
                        Sistine Chapel
                        Great Canal
                        Internet
                        Solar System
                        Trading Company?
                        Great Library?
                        Sun Tzu's War Academy?
                        Manhattan Project?

I mentioned Manhattan Project because I saw some referrence to the Manhattan Project being in the game. Are there any other wonders that I left out?

Snapcase the Weatlh is just Civ3's version of Civ2's capitilization, I"m assuming.
                        However, it is difficult to believe that 2 times 2 does not equal 4; does that make it true? On the other hand, is it really so difficult simply to accept everything that one has been brought up on and that has gradually struck deep roots – what is considered truth in the circle of moreover, really comforts and elevates man? Is that more difficult than to strike new paths, fighting the habitual, experiencing the insecurity of independence and the frequent wavering of one’s feelings and even one’s conscience, proceeding often without any consolation, but ever with the eternal goal of the true, the beautiful, and the good? - F.N.

Comment

I wonder what the COOL ANIMATIONS for The Internet will be. Some dork connecting while drinking Jolt?

Comment

Probably a page from Apolyton

Initial post updated. I didn't see anything clear in the new tech tree pics.
                            A horse! A horse! Mingapulco for a horse! Someone must give chase to Brave Sir Robin and get those missing flags ...
                            Project Lead of Might and Magic Tribute

Comment

It could be the Statue of Lib. in a different era, if buildings do change.
                              ::is cool::

Comment

If you look at the Astronomy tech real close it appears as if a building of some sort is there. Possbibly Copernicus' Observatory.

When looking at the Electricity tech there is a X on a building. That building is from the literature tech. So I think this means that this building is the Great Library.
                                However, it is difficult to believe that 2 times 2 does not equal 4; does that make it true? On the other hand, is it really so difficult simply to accept everything that one has been brought up on and that has gradually struck deep roots – what is considered truth in the circle of moreover, really comforts and elevates man? Is that more difficult than to strike new paths, fighting the habitual, experiencing the insecurity of independence and the frequent wavering of one’s feelings and even one’s conscience, proceeding often without any consolation, but ever with the eternal goal of the true, the beautiful, and the good? - F.N.

Comment

Working...
                                X