Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Lorizael
    16 ok 10 ok 2... 2??

You mean that Tanks are slower than Cavalry.
    Early tanks were really slow, and they have divided tanks into "Tank" and "Modern Tank". Also, that allows them to give the Panzer an extra point of movement and call it "special".

But I agree with you - either the screenshot is unreliable from a final version standpoint, or I will be messing with the editors on this one.
    "Stuie has the right idea" - Japher
    "I trust Stuie and all involved." - SlowwHand
    "Stuie is right...." - Guynemer

Comment

• What Civ can use the Mig and Panzer?
      I have walked since the dawn of time and were ever I walk, death is sure to follow. As surely as night follows day.

Comment

• Originally posted by JellyDonut
        I think you should put a big ol' question mark next to "Russian special unit." When asked (in the most recent Ask the Civ Team) if the Russian UU is the Cossack, they replied that they were keeping their lips shut, wihch probably means it's not the MiG they showed us earlier, and might not be the Cossack.
        A third possibility would be an Artillery unit.
        Russian, since Napoleon's times, are well-known for their good artillery units. Not only have they good artillery guns, but they have the best mathematicians of the world.
        The Russian UU could be (but it is a bad example, because it is not 'classic' artillery): the Katyusha.
        There is another name for it, but my english is not good enough to avoid being rude with some foreign leader organs, even a dead one.
        The books that the world calls immoral are the books that show the world its own shame. Oscar Wilde.

Comment

• Dry

Its is confirmed that the Cossac is the UU of Russia but you are right. Katyusha is really the best choise IMHO.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dry
            There is another name for it, but my english is not good enough to avoid being rude with some foreign leader organs, even a dead one.
            Come on, it's "Stalin's Organ", in the meaning of musical instruments because of the many tubes used to fire rockets.

What a pity the MiG has been dismissed. OTOH, they wheren't really proved in combat (from trained Russian pilot, I mean), so they lack the "fashion" of a traditional and successful military unit.
            "We are reducing all the complexity of billions of people over 6000 years into a Civ box. Let me say: That's not only a PkZip effort....it's a real 'picture to Jpeg heavy loss in translation' kind of thing."
            - Admiral Naismith

Comment

• well we were right about the impi

anyways i updated the list to include the following unit notes

Don't say you heard it from us, but here are a list of espionage missions you can perform in Civ III:

*Sabotage (sabotages the current project of an enemy city)
              *Propaganda (attempts to convince an enemy city to join your Civilization)
              *Steal Plans (reveals all troop locations of an enemy Civ for one turn)
              *Steal World Map (reveals what an enemy knows about the world)
              *Expose Enemy Spy (ferrets out opposing spies)

So what kinds of missions can you perform using aircraft in Civ III?
              *Bombing mission (bombards the selected square, damaging units, city improvements, and population)
              *Precision Bombing mission (targets a specific improvement in a city for destruction)
              *Recon mission (investigates the selected square)
              *Air Superiority mission (attacks enemy air units that enter the unit's defensive range)
              *Airdrop mission (Airlifts a single ground unit to another location)
              *Re-Base mission (Selects a new base of operations and relocates the unit to that base)

Comment

• Well, the Recon Mission sounds nice!

I guess that the Air Superiority Mission has the concept of "scort bombers" inside.

Firaxis said that air units can operate from cities or carriers, are Air Bases out?, can they operate from all cities or only those which have an airport?. Will see...

Comment

• Bump

Can any of the more ambitious posters compile the new info (like Panzer stats) gained from recent previews to help this thread out?

Comment

• Panzer

NOTE: In light of the above, I get the feeling the original Tank stats we found are incorrect for the final build.

Frigate
                    2(2).2.4

Pikeman
                    "Stuie has the right idea" - Japher
                    "I trust Stuie and all involved." - SlowwHand
                    "Stuie is right...." - Guynemer

Comment

• ok guys i updated the list with the new info you provided

though why is a frigate as fast as a battleship???
                      the speeds of modern units just seem too slow to me...i left the tank unchanged for now till we get more info, but if it turns out that a tank is 16.8.2 and a cavalry unit is 6.3.3 then under some situations it would be preferable to have cav units instead of tanks, especially if tanks (i am assuming they count as wheeled units, can't go into mountains and jungles without roads)

also the possibility that regular units only have four damage states really disturbs me

100%
                      67%
                      34%
                      0%

Comment

• Is there any confirmation for the Paratrooper, one of my favorite units in civ2?
                        "Everything for the State, nothing against the State, nothing outside the State" - Benito Mussolini

Comment

• Originally posted by Lawrence of Arabia
                          Is there any confirmation for the Paratrooper, one of my favorite units in civ2?
                          It better be, modern warfare would be extremely lacking without it.

Comment

• On the Gamespot's screenshot of the industrial age tech tree, there's a picture of an infantry unit in the "Advanced Flight" advance. It's gotta be the paratrooper.

Comment

• Any word on the "Special Abilities" available to units yet ?

Has "All as road" gone the way of the spy & diplomat ?
                              Has the "x2 defense against horse " disappeared ?

etc. etc.

Suppose we must wait to see the Unit Editor Screen.

Comment

• On the Gamespot's screenshot of the industrial age tech tree, there's a picture of an infantry unit in the "Advanced Flight" advance. It's gotta be the paratrooper.
                                I've seen that, but where is his parachoot? And whats that black thing which he's pointing in the air? a gun? a part of a parachute?
                                "Everything for the State, nothing against the State, nothing outside the State" - Benito Mussolini

Comment

Working...
                                X