• Stealth Bomber

Offensive Power: 0
    Defensive Power: 2
    Operational Range: 8

Bombard Power: 8
    Bombard Range: 0
    Rate of Fire: 4
    Cost 140 shields
    Requires Stealth (tech), Aluminum (resource), and Oil (resource).

Link:

Giochi con schede, recensioni, trucchi e soluzioni per PC, Playstation 3, Wii, XBOX 360, DS, PSP
    "Stuie has the right idea" - Japher
    "I trust Stuie and all involved." - SlowwHand
    "Stuie is right...." - Guynemer

Comment

• Stuie you beat me to it.

David
      "War: A by-product of the arts of peace." Bierce

Comment

• I seem to live for this stuff.

My wife thinks I'm a great big geek because of it. Enraptured, I explain to her the minutia of all the options/units/civs/etc. available, and she rolls her eyes and goes back to watching the playoffs (that's baseball - she likes baseball!).

She'll come around when the game is released.

Comment

• Re: List of Units in Civ3 based on screen shots

Originally posted by korn469

special thanks to everyone who contributed to this thread and helped build this list i couldn't have made it without your help!
          You guys are doing a great job.
          Last edited by Guest; October 14, 2001, 14:52.

Comment

• stuie you are the man

i couldn't ever get the pic of the transport to open, so i will take your word for the stats

well i updated the list to include all of the changes

and as for the cavalry stats they have changed them around some, because cavalry used to be 6.2.3 instead of 6.3.3

also the strategic resource list should be about complete

Iron
            Horses
            Saltpeter
            Rubber
            Oil
            Aluminum
            Uranium

so if it is true there are 8 strategic resources their should be one more

another thing is aircombat

we are begining to see how the new air combat model will work

somehow a player parks a plane in either a city or an airbase, and then the unit remains in the same square but it has the ability to bombard land and sea units, and fighters have the ability to intercept other air units...Rate of Fire determines how many attacks an air unit can carry out per turn

but an operational range of 8 for a stealth bomber?? shouldn't it be more than that? i mean a stealth bomber has a greater range than a cruise missle, and such sort range might make waging an air campaign hard

Comment

• I'm not sure that Air units really go anywhere. I think they will be in one place, and then be in the place that they have orders in. Looks like air combat is going to be a lot of fun. Especially since SAM's attack

I want to compare the stats of a bomber type unit to that of a fighter type unit, to get a better idea of what those stats mean.

And yes an operational range of 8 seems short... B2's took off from Kansas to drop bombs in Afghanistan. Though mid-air fueling was required.
              Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
              "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

• Lorizael

ok here is the situation

As the Roman Emperor You have a stealth bomber in Rome, the closest city/airbase is Antioch which is nine squares away. Five squares from antioch is the Greek city of Athens which has a single Jet fighter, there is a fort with a Greek army in it two squares from athens, and a greek naval force three squares below Athens

Now if the Stealth bomber was in Antioch, i feel that it could launch four attacks up to 8 squares away (its operational range) and it would have a small percentage of being intercepted by the Jet Fighter...so this means if the Stealth Bomber was in Antioch it could attack the Greek fort (7 squares away), the Greek fleet (5 squares away), and the Greek city of Athens (five squares away)

if it attacks enough it, the interceptor will finally intercept it
                each attack will be a bombard attack (ala SMAC), and this attack will certainly be effective against all land and sea units, and may have a chance of damaging air units (catching them on the ground) at the end of the attacks the stealth bomber will still be in Antioch

my question is this, how exactly would an air unit be able to transverse from one place to another? Will the stealth bomber be unable to fly to Antioch since it is out of its operational range? How will this work?

most likely interceptors (fighter, jet fighter, stealth fighter) will actually have an offensive stat which would only work against other air units, they will probably also have a bombard stat (land and sea units), a defensive stat an operational range and Rate of Fire

Comment

• That's the best theory I've heard so far. But yah I'm not sure how air units will simply "move". Guess we'll have to wait till the release! Or maybe an Ask the Civ Team
                  "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

• I guess (not confirmed) you will probably have some commands for air units, something like:

MOVE = change base/city. Movement range = operational range X 2. You can move an stealth bomber to a base 16 squares far away.

BOMBARD = specially for bomber, but probably fighter could "straff" with few firepower, against any target within the operational range.

ALERT= only fighters, they could protect any attack within range, or even "scort" your bombers attacks within range.

What I´m not sure (in fact I´m not sure about anything), its about the posibility of starting a mission in one airbase and end it in another one (a-la Doolittle), like in Korn´s example.

Another theory: what if movement=operational range X fire points ???.

Comment

• joseph1944,
                      can you remove the quote from your post. It is very long, and takes up more space then needed.

korn469,
                      keep the good work up
                      Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

• Originally posted by korn469
                        stuie you are the man

i couldn't ever get the pic of the transport to open, so i will take your word for the stats
                        Here's the transport (not sure why the link didn't work...).
                        Attached Files

Comment

• Stealth Fighters, Stealth Bombers and F-15s can perform "Precision Strikes". That appears to be the American special unit's advantage over regular fighters, unless there is more........

Link:
                          GameSpot is the world's largest source for PS4, Xbox One, PS3, Xbox 360, Wii U, PS Vita, Wii PC, 3DS, PSP, DS, video game news, reviews, previews, trailers, walkthroughs, and more.

Comment

• Tank: 16.10.2

Screen:

Comment

• 16 ok 10 ok 2... 2??

You mean that Tanks are slower than Cavalry? That doesn't seem to make much sense. I am wondering why this is the way it is. Maybe they believe that Cavalry is more maneuverable than a Tank. I guess that's reasonable, but I may be changing those stats after I playtest it...

Also, looking at the upper-left hand side of that screen you see those are old icons. I don't know how reliable that screen is. But we will see. With the loss of firepower they are rasing modern unit stats considerably.

Comment

• ok i updated the list again to include the tank and to add in more unit notes

Comment

Working...
                                X